Welcome To aBlackWeb

Women Who Marry Themselves...

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
Is it respectable?

Is it a form of mental instability?

Is it the ultimate form of self respect?

If a man married himself he wouldn't be respected amongst other self respecting males. Nor should he be imo.

So ladies, how do you feel about women marrying themselves?

Would you support your daughter or close friend if she wanted to marry herself?

"As long as she's happy" is not a real answer btw. Please express your genuine thoughts on this...

I know you said ladies but by definition the word marriage says 2 elements. So how can someone marry themselves and knowing that half of these things fail can you divorce yourself?

best roasting ever...

lawd...

but naw it's ironic in theory....its spite against oneself....it's essentially related to the entire argument we had the other day about placing too much value in the opinions of others....

it's mad self indulgent.......it reeks of insecurity....and i would seriously question the mental health of someone who was going all the way through with this to the point of spending mad money.....

like i would not support this bcuz i feel it would be enabling destructive behavior....

that's me being serious about it.....

but more times than not imma just crack jokes till i can't breath

It sure beats the people who settle or marry folks that aint right for them. They far outnumber the minuscule # of women who "marry themselves".

It's worth keeping in mind that they aren't really marrying themselves. It's legally impossible. So really, the people who take issue with women who 'marry themselves' are just taking issue with women who have symbolic ceremonies/parties.

If they have the resources or energy for that, does it really matter? I don't see the controversy. IMO being feeling a way bout someone's self-celebration is a bigger indicator of instability.

my answer wld be the same if it was men marrying themselves.

best roasting ever...

lawd...

but naw it's ironic in theory....its spite against oneself....it's essentially related to the entire argument we had the other day about placing too much value in the opinions of others....

it's mad self indulgent.......it reeks of insecurity....and i would seriously question the mental health of someone who was going all the way through with this to the point of spending mad money.....

like i would not support this bcuz i feel it would be enabling destructive behavior....

that's me being serious about it.....

but more times than not imma just crack jokes till i can't breath
I swear I thought this thread was about to have a part 2 lawd only that or a new Shenco track could bring the IC together like Voltron.

i 100% agree that there are a lot of people in wack marriages... but i don't agree marrying yourself is the proper alternative.

because the reasoning for it is almost always on the side of something being wrong with that person...and the follow through is all the evidence i need...

i refuse to take that shit seriously......

this is not a "nothing to see keep it moving" or a "does it really matter" type situation...

this is a

:bruh1:
"do you see this dumb shit going on right here?" type of situation 10 times outta 10.....

i ain't cosigning it or running with it...i'm attacking it with all my judgemental prowess available at the moment

It sure beats the people who settle or marry folks that aint right for them. They far outnumber the minuscule # of women who "marry themselves".

It's worth keeping in mind that they aren't really marrying themselves. It's legally impossible. So really, the people who take issue with women who 'marry themselves' are just taking issue with women who have symbolic ceremonies/parties.

If they have the resources or energy for that, does it really matter? I don't see the controversy. IMO being feeling a way bout someone's self-celebration is a bigger indicator of instability.

my answer wld be the same if it was men marrying themselves.
But wouldn't it be simpler just to call it something else rather than a marriage ceremony?

But wouldn't it be simpler just to call it something else rather than a marriage ceremony?
if there are polygamous marriages in this world, why shld we care that 1 as opposed to 2 or 3 ppl r using the term marriage? it's a non-issue

bruh, just think about the absurdity of a self loving ceremony....

this is not a celebration of any accomplishment....

this it not throwing a party because you just bought a home, it's your birthday.....purchased some land, graduated or complete some course...

this is a pure 100% narcissistic celebration of you loving yourself.....

we all love each ourselves..or at least try to... but when you do this shit this vain....you supposed to get roasted for it....

when the thread popped up on the IC we were telling shorty her friends and family don't love her for not stopping her...

sometimes people gotta be put in check when they tripping....

this some crazy ass shit

if there are polygamous marriages in this world, why should we care that 1 as opposed to 2 or 3 ppl r using the term marriage? it's a non-issue
polygamous marriages and all marriages i general serve a purpose much greater than "i just wanted to do something special for myself"

this is entitlement...... this is some spoiled ass shit...

"i want a wedding, but i don't want to really be married to anybody...."

like what the fuck?? why does it have to be a wedding? a marriage? just throw a big ass party for yourself, and celebrate life and loving oneself...

but you gotta make a wedding hunh? why? cuz she spoiled as shit...that's why?.....
:disnig:

one of those "i can do it cuz i want to. i got the money, i can do whatever i want"

looking dumb as shit

polygamous marriages and all marriages i general serve a purpose much greater than "i just wanted to do something special for myself"

this is entitlement...... this is some spoiled ass shit...

"i want a wedding, but i don't want to really be married to anybody...."

like what the fuck?? why does it have to be a wedding? a marriage? just throw a big ass party for yourself, and celebrate life and loving oneself...

but you gotta make a wedding hunh? why? cuz she spoiled as shit...that's why?.....
:disnig:

one of those "i can do it cuz i want to. i got the money, i can do whatever i want"

looking dumb as shit
they r grown n it is their money tho. I'll take ppls self love over self loathing any day.

n the same argument could be made for weddings that are basically performances too. in theory they cld go to the forest with a priest or justice of peace n call it a day but instead they make a spectacle out of a personal union.

they r all seeking attention. 1 person, 2 people, 4 ppl. idgaf. u shldn't either fam.

Would you think it was strange if you 30 year old friend invited you to their 21st birthday party? @BNE
thats a lie tho. if they're not pretending they're marrying some mythical brotha on duty in Taiwan, n they're real bout a ceremony with themselves, I'd embrace it.

if there are polygamous marriages in this world, why shld we care that 1 as opposed to 2 or 3 ppl r using the term marriage? it's a non-issue
Everyone has the right to do what they want but I would find it strange is someone I know told me they were marrying themselves

they r grown n it is their money tho. I'll take ppls self love over self loathing any day.

n the same argument could be made for weddings that are basically performances too. in theory they cld go to the forest with a priest or justice of peace n call it a day but instead they make a spectacle out of a personal union.

they r all seeking attention. 1 person, 2 people, 4 ppl. idgaf. u shldn't either fam.

if a traditional wedding is a sham, and you know it's a sham then you have the right to not support that too...

people always have the right to call out bullshit when they see it...

it can't be all or none tho....that's lazy.....you can't say either all weddings are good, or all weddings are bad....

certainly some are better than others...just like some marriages are better than others....

it takes insight from the person looking in...you say you don'g give a fuck, but i do..especially if i'm asked about it

"how do you feel about so n so and them gettign married?"

if i have an opinion on it, it's going to be voiced....

"that's great, i know those two are goign to be happy"
"oh word? wow i ain't see them getting there to be honest"
"naw bruh, neither one of them playing fair...they can't be serious"
"he taking another wife? they really doing that polygamy shit? wow...well i mean as long as they got what it takes to make it work"
"man they dumb as shit....them niggaz know damn well that shit ain't gonna work out....is there open bar, cuz if not i might skip"

and finally
"she marrying herself? gtfoh b"
:gtfoh:

Back