Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Woman Gets Hit With A Brick After Not Giving Guy Her Number: Update, turns herself in to police after story was found to be not true

test
It was a slogan for a while, but to be fair, it likely started off as a misstating over the original slogan "Believe Women" and gained traction because it was easier to attack.

So...people have been getting mad at some shit that was created solely to discredit an actual issue and was never used the way they claim? Thats hilarious.

So...people have been getting mad at some shit that was created solely to discredit an actual issue and was never used the way they claim? Thats hilarious.

That's certainly possible. I think it's more complicated than that though. I've heard women say that they believe that all women should be believed by default and that women lying is such a rare occurrence that it shouldn't really be considered upfront. So while the slogan "Believe All Women" might be bullshit, the sentiment isn't for some. That said I can't tell you what percentage of women's rights advocates think that way.

It was a slogan for a while, but to be fair, it likely started off as a misstating over the original slogan "Believe Women" and gained traction because it was easier to attack.

Right...so...no one ever said 'Believe all women'. If you KNOW that, when why purposely continue with the straw man argument against a phrase/stance/position that no one ever said?

If you want to have a genuine debate or discussion with someone about it, why start out being disingenuous by purposely using a misquote?

Right...so...no one ever said 'Believe all women'. If you KNOW that, when why purposely continue with the straw man argument against a phrase/stance/position that no one ever said?

If you want to have a genuine debate or discussion with someone about it, why start out being disingenuous by purposely using a misquote?

Because I have heard people use it. I didn't really "know" that it was a misstatement until you posed the question and I looked it up.

Do it then nigga with the same intensity too

I wanna see a personalized message telling her to go fuck herself because she a hater
Damn, you must've gotten me confused with someone else. I never told you to go fuck yourself. And @Tayboo and I didn't discuss this exact same thing yesterday, like you and I.. And she didn't end it with 'Man fuck all that', which in a debate or discussion usually translates to 'Yes, I know I don't have a leg to stand on here but this personally offends me and I don't like so it shouldn't exist.'.

:huh?:

Because I have heard people use it. I didn't really "know" that it was a misstatement until you posed the question and I looked it up.
No…you haven’t. No one has ever said that. The only time that has ever been typed or spoken is situations like this: Where someone says ‘Beleive all women is stupid’. Well yeah…that is stupid. But…no one ever said that.

Also, for YEARS, every time it’s brought up in this very platform, there are half a dozen people who have said many many times that it’s a misstatement and the it’s a straw man argument. Myself, @BlackRain and @SeaSnake off the top of my head.

I find it hard to believe you’re just now realizing it now. But ok.

Damn, you must've gotten me confused with someone else. I never told you to go fuck yourself. And @Tayboo and I didn't discuss this exact same thing yesterday, like you and I.. And she didn't end it with 'Man fuck all that', which in a debate or discussion usually translates to 'Yes, I know I don't have a leg to stand on here but this personally offends me and I don't like so it shouldn't exist.'.

:huh?:
IMG_4879.gif

No…you haven’t. No one has ever said that. The only time that has ever been typed or spoken is situations like this: Where someone says ‘Beleive all women is stupid’. Well yeah…that’s is stupid. But…no one ever said that.

Also, for YEARS, every time it’s brought up in this very platform, there are half a dozen people who have said many many times that it’s a misstatement and the it’s a straw man argument. Myself, @BlackRain and @SeaSnake off the top of my head.

I find it hard to believe you’re just now realizing it now. But ok.

I've literally had conversations in person with women where I gave the same spiel about it being a stupid slogan, and they defended it saying that all women should be given the benefit of the doubt because women lying was extremely rare. That doesn't mean anything. They just fell for the trap like I did. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe I'm just now realizing it was a lie. It's not like I go around thinking all day about that slogan. This is probably the 3rd time I've discussed it in the last 2 years. It ain't as deep as you're trying to make it. "Believe All Women" is a bullshit strawman. We can agree on that and move on.

With all that being said, I sincerely hope y'all enjoy this "win" cause my goodness the trotting and high fivin y'all doing in here is just wild af to me.

For me, this ain’t about a “win”.

My issue from the beginning was that some people (not you) just wanted to believe her so bad.

I called bullshit on her story at least 20 pages ago…. But, people (you included) were still saying “IF she did it, if, if, if….”

When it was blatantly obvious this trick was lying.

But, some of y’all clung to that last glimmer of hope that she might be telling the truth so y’all could once again shout from the rooftops “NIGGAS AINT SHIT!!!!!!”

But since y'all looking for some sort of validation, let me be the first to apologize for wanting to initially give her the benefit of the doubt and it was revealed she was lying.

You ain’t gotta apologize for initially giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

To your credit, you remained pretty consistent in your stance.

But, at some point, you gotta admit the obvious.

It’s like it’s O.K. for her to demonize black men because she shares our skin tone.

If some white bitch woulda did what she did, she woulda got destroyed almost immediately.

But, we give this chick the “benefit” for way longer than we shoulda.

Why? Because she looks like us?

That makes it even worse.

We expect white people to act like this….. But our own?

Nah, if anything, she deserves harsher criticism for her hatred towards us.

That's certainly possible. I think it's more complicated than that though. I've heard women say that they believe that all women should be believed by default and that women lying is such a rare occurrence that it shouldn't really be considered upfront. So while the slogan "Believe All Women" might be bullshit, the sentiment isn't for some. That said I can't tell you what percentage of women's rights advocates think that way.

It's definitely more complicated and nuanced that most believe it is. And that's where the discussion tends to veer off because alot of factors that contribute to the discussion can't actually be talked about without it becoming personal.

I will say though that alot of the aversion expressed towards the topic uses the very same logic people use to justify other things they do agree with. And that's always interesting to see how they don't make that connection

It's definitely more complicated and nuanced that most believe it is. And that's where the discussion tends to veer off because alot of factors that contribute to the discussion can't actually be talked about without it becoming personal.

I will say though that alot of the aversion expressed towards the topic uses the very same logic people use to justify other things they do agree with. And that's always interesting to see how they don't make that connection

This is such a stupid debate when you think about it. We have a justice system. We have a mechanism for reporting, investigating, and punishing crimes. If women are attacked, they should be able to take their claims to the authorities, be heard, and have their claims put through the process. No one should disagree with that.

If the authorities, aren't doing their jobs properly, we should all have a problem with that because if the system doesn't work for some, it doesn't work for anyone.

For me, this ain’t about a “win”.

My issue from the beginning was that some people (not you) just wanted to believe her so bad.

I called bullshit on her story at least 20 pages ago…. But, people (you included) were still saying “IF she did it, if, if, if….”

When it was blatantly obvious this trick was lying.

But, some of y’all clung to that last glimmer of hope that she might be telling the truth so y’all could once again shout from the rooftops “NIGGAS AINT SHIT!!!!!!”

You ain’t gotta apologize for initially giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

To your credit, you remained pretty consistent in your stance.

But, at some point, you gotta admit the obvious.

It’s like it’s O.K. for her to demonize black men because she shares our skin tone.

If some white bitch woulda did what she did, she woulda got destroyed almost immediately.

But, we give this chick the “benefit” for way longer than we shoulda.

Why? Because she looks like us?

That makes it even worse.

We expect white people to act like this….. But our own?

Nah, if anything, she deserves harsher criticism for her hatred towards us.
Thank you for your pov fam

A couple of points I disagree with but I appreciate the civil response

This is such a stupid debate when you think about it. We have a justice system. We have a mechanism for reporting, investigating, and punishing crimes. If women are attacked, they should be able to take their claims to the authorities, be heard, and have their claims put through the process. No one should disagree with that.

If the authorities, aren't doing their jobs properly, we should all have a problem with that because if the system doesn't work for some, it doesn't work for anyone.

They should be able to but, and this is where things come in that some people don't like to consider, the reasons why they don't have been gone over repeatedly. At this point if a person engages in ome of these discussions and chooses to dismiss those then they're operating in bad faith and just want a "gotcha" moment somehow. They're not interested in a person being innocent as much as they want to show someone lied. Those different motivating factors are easy to see based on how people approach these things.

They should be able to but, and this is where things come in that some people don't like to consider, the reasons why they don't have been gone over repeatedly. At this point if a person engages in ome of these discussions and chooses to dismiss those then they're operating in bad faith and just want a "gotcha" moment somehow. They're not interested in a person being innocent as much as they want to show someone lied. Those different motivating factors are easy to see based on how people approach these things.

True.

Back