WNBA star Maya Moore married the man she helped free from prison

All it takes is it do your research and read. Why anyone is mad at this is beyond me. She generally cared about his story when she and her fam met him through a prison ministry. They were not in love at the time. She is involved with her religion. They started to form a connection over the years. She then started to champion changes in the legal system back in 2016. They both will be fighting for others that have been wronged by the legal system.

yea ok

• Haha
Reactions: deadeye
lets see...quits hooping in the prime of career...as the best (top 3?) women ball players on the planet...to free a man who has been in jail for over 2 decades...who she’s been secretly dating while in jail...then marries him?!?????

cmon hollywood couldn’t have wrote a script this bananas

Both things can be true

She could be a social warrior AND have worked tirelessly to free the man of her prison dreams. Ppl do good things for selfish reasons all the timeq

I don't think she owed it to anyone to explain WHY she was doing what she was doing. It ain't like she set up a go fund me and took folks money so she could free him and go on a destination wedding lol

wise man once told me

even if you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, you still get the right results

Reactions: AZTG
its groomimg as the day is long

That nigga game must be fierce if he was able to groom her from the confines of a cell while she was traveling all over the country playing basketball. Either that or she is really really malleable.

I cant really say if it was grooming or not. I dont know what their convos were like. But her family was involved in prison ministries. They made Maya aware of Iron's case. That is how they first met. They were talking for over a decade. At some point, it is not impossible for them to form a connection. Their friendship evolved into more.

Reactions: Mister and Chicity
That nigga game must be fierce if he was able to groom her from the confines of a cell while she was traveling all over the country playing basketball. Either that or she is really really malleable.

lmao yeah yall clearly never lived in the hood because i know plenty of women that have been swept off their feet by a nigga in jail

I cant really say if it was grooming or not. I dont know what their convos were like. But her family was involved in prison ministries. They made Maya aware of Iron's case. That is how they first met. They were talking for over a decade. At some point, it is not impossible for them to form a connection. Their friendship evolved into more.

lmao yea

an 18 yr old befriending a 27 yr old man that has been locked up for decade

makes ... sense to me

• Haha
Or maybe a young ,18 year old chick met and became infatuated with a dude who didn't really care until they both got older. Y'all act like you ain't never experienced that. Who gives a fuck a bout a 18 yr old crushing but later on down the line and 30 something she in her mid 20s..her prime..you think I'm thinking the same thing