Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Why does the black community hate on its successful members so much?

test
Those are podcast interviews, which are mainly for entertainment & I see nothing wrong with not pretending to like or get a long with another celebritiy, even if you're from the same ethnic group.

The only reason you see that as effecting black community more is because in America, too many black people worship entertainers and or anyone the perceive as having a lot of money. Thats why anytime they try to have some sorta workshop or panel, they almost always have to throw in some famous person to hopefully get more people to actually tune in. This is why you have people like TI & other entertainer sitting on panels, because for some reason our people think theyre smart at everything because they made money entertaining. Look how fast yall listening to Jay-Z and decided you're past kneeling and ran back to the NFL just to see halftime shows.

When Aaron Carter was alive he would give wild interviews all the time accusing people of shit, while looking like a junkie just like Orlando Brown. If you tune into podcasts from real working comedians, they've been talking shit about each other and people in Hollywood for years. Especially the white comedians. Ive seen whole podcast beefs over shit thats been said on their shows about another comedian being a thief or a bitch, thats why its funny when some black comedians act like Katt Williams did something thats never done before. That shit happens all the time.

You forgetting the whole Carlos Mencia drama from back in the day? The reason it got as big as it did was because someone uploaded Rogan confronting him on it to the internet and more and more comedians came out to confirm him being a joke thief.

I'm not saying people need to fake getting along. I'm saying these people are mentally ill and will make up fake stories of gay stuff and illuminati. Platforms reach out for that because their black audience loves it. People know what Orlando Brown is gonna give them. Just crazy bullshit bashing successful Black celebrities.

I see it as effecting the black community because it's unnecessary black on black negativity. You don't have to worship them, but just making stuff to down them is an issue.

Not sure Aaron Carter is great example. I feel like he didn't make as many accusations... just said a lot of lies. But also, he was on platforms that target a black audience, talking about black people. Where was he interviewing? Mostly No Jumper and Vlad? That's still a black fan base tuning in for bashing black men.

I think my point is getting missed a bit with the comedy comparison. I'm not saying everyone has to get along. The comedians vs Mencia was them telling the truth about him stealing material. No problem with that. I'm talking about people that make up things just to hate, or knock them over nothing.

He's done great appealing primarily to a Black audience. People still call him gay and criticize him for wearing a dress though.

I think the dress thing is overhyped. Comedic actors wear dresses. Other races just don't obsess over it. Without googling to check, name close to 10 white actors that do a decent number of comedy roles, and I'll check to see if they've dressed as a woman/worn a dress.

They hate ON them, not they necessarily hate them. You don't have to actually hate someone to not give them full credit for their accomplishments. But why not just give them credit, instead of saying they sold out and let them emasculate them for a check.

LOL ya. Not liking that people say black men are succeeding because they're sucking dick and wearing dresses, instead of saying it's because of their talent and hard work is me hating black people.

Bruh, the people calling Sharpe gay have known who he was for a long time, and they weren't calling him gay until the Katt Williams interview. And it's not just the show name. It's how he sits, how he stands, how he drinks, what he wears, etc.

Nobody's biggin up somebody by saying they're gay, if they say they aren't. Ya... it's an insult. You can probably find plenty of examples right on this site.

Edit: I left out "on" in the thread title. My fault.
Side note but most folks in the black community has being gay as the worst thing in the world and will get triggered if you told them that's their top priority of issues yet they will spend their most energy discussing it over other things.

Seems like the term ‘successful’ is being used interchangeably to mean ‘entertainer’ in this thread. And that’s troubling.

We touched on this some earlier.

I think it is mostly towards celebrities, but I'm not sure if that's the reason. I'm speaking for myself, but athletes/ celebrities (or people within those industries) make up most of the very wealthy black people I can name. And we can't speak on who we don't know. Like I'm sure there are black people doing well in pharmaceuticals, but I don't know them, and I can't speak on who I don't know.

So ya, we don't hear people bashing Kenneth Frazier, the CEO of Merck (I looked it up after writing that last paragraph), but is it because his profession gives him a pass? Or because people don't know who he is?

Idols are built to be smashed. It's ordinary human shit.. nothing specifically Black about it. Prop something up, make it an object of worship and projection. When it doesnt answer your prayers or match your projections..tear it down. The celebrity industry only exists because there's money to be made from this.. and to give ugly ppl sexual access to attractive ppl, but that's beyond the scope of this question.

Those are podcast interviews, which are mainly for entertainment & I see nothing wrong with not pretending to like or get a long with another celebritiy, even if you're from the same ethnic group.

The only reason you see that as effecting black community more is because in America, too many black people worship entertainers and or anyone the perceive as having a lot of money. Thats why anytime they try to have some sorta workshop or panel, they almost always have to throw in some famous person to hopefully get more people to actually tune in. This is why you have people like TI & other entertainer sitting on panels, because for some reason our people think theyre smart at everything because they made money entertaining. Look how fast yall listening to Jay-Z and decided you're past kneeling and ran back to the NFL just to see halftime shows.

When Aaron Carter was alive he would give wild interviews all the time accusing people of shit, while looking like a junkie just like Orlando Brown. If you tune into podcasts from real working comedians, they've been talking shit about each other and people in Hollywood for years. Especially the white comedians. Ive seen whole podcast beefs over shit thats been said on their shows about another comedian being a thief or a bitch, thats why its funny when some black comedians act like Katt Williams did something thats never done before. That shit happens all the time.

You forgetting the whole Carlos Mencia drama from back in the day? The reason it got as big as it did was because someone uploaded Rogan confronting him on it to the internet and more and more comedians came out to confirm him being a joke thief.

Part of this is because people in general assume somebody with alot of money is very smart just because they have alot of money.

so this thread is about entertainers whose job it is to entertain
which is how they live their lives to entertain
I see successful black business people who owns businesses they all don't talk uppity
and they will tell you that they put in work and learned how to make shit happen
so they can be in a position to get more

Most of the black community thinks Jay and B are satanic worshippers. Hell my own sister thanks that shit lol

Most is putting alot on it. Though there are people who do fall for the Illuminati and other dumb shit like "Beyonce was never pregant" gossip it ain't most. Just a niche audience that takes in any celebrity gossip

so this thread is about entertainers whose job it is to entertain
which is how they live their lives to entertain
I see successful black business people who owns businesses they all don't talk uppity
and they will tell you that they put in work and learned how to make shit happen
so they can be in a position to get more

What?

Why when our people are successful do they so often get called illuminati, gay, sell outs, corny, saying they got bent over or sucked dick, etc? Like people seemed to like Shannon Sharpe. Then his Katt Williams interview blew up... now he's gay. Or jumping on our successful black comedians for wearing a dress? So what? That's just something a lot of comedians do. White ones too.

Why turn on successful people, which could deter people from success? Or cause them to act in a problematic way to
Why when our people are successful do they so often get called illuminati, gay, sell outs, corny, saying they got bent over or sucked dick, etc? Like people seemed to like Shannon Sharpe. Then his Katt Williams interview blew up... now he's gay. Or jumping on our successful black comedians for wearing a dress? So what? That's just something a lot of comedians do. White ones too.

Why turn on successful people, which could deter people from success? Or cause them to act in a problematic way to avoid the accusations?
I think y’all are confusing hating on people who happen to be successful and hating on successful people. If we hated on successful people, Shannon would’ve been hated considering he was a top media personality and a HOF TE. I started seeing hate towards him when he was more focused on being a media personality than an actual analyst.

Part of this is because people in general assume somebody with alot of money is very smart just because they have alot of money.

I argued this at the old spot some years ago. The general consensus was that Chris Brown had to be intelligent because he was a millionaire, to which I said "nah b".

We aren't talking about successful Black people, we are talking about celebrity culture lol...

I am tired of celebrity culture and socio-economics politics in the Black American population going hand and hand.

Lol, very few groups in the world fucking believe their most successful members are people that gossip and wear dresses to get laughs for a living.

Nobody looks up to them. Nobody wants them to do well. They are just there to be entertaining.

Celebrities are paid and galavanted around to be objects of hate and love. That's the function of a celebrity.

Lol, these Black celebrities being upset that they are treated like any other celebrity need to go somewhere.

Lol, only reason they get any position of leadership within the Black American population is because most of us are poor and a motherfucker that gossips and make 10 million a year is in the 0.01 of Black people.
This times pi - No more truth has ever been spoken.

We need to separate black success from black celebrity-

Black people saying Examples of black success is Lebron or Katt Williams or Drake is a problem. In every other culture they don’t celebrate their entertainment as success stories to for their kids to aspire to.

You have to separate a successful ultra rich entertainer from a successful black person...

Like a top end professor, economist, scientists or business person should be the person we look to for inspiration. I look at people like Roland Fryer and watch dude get roasted by black people but dude is successful and worthy of respect. Honestly black people have been tricked into singing and sports over using their intellect - and at this point I can’t even blame white people - But fortunately not all of us are dumb asses...I’ll be at NSBE 50 In Atlanta with a bunch of people kids can aspire to be one day...

I argued this at the old spot some years ago. The general consensus was that Chris Brown had to be intelligent because he was a millionaire, to which I said "nah b".

Yeah. Having a talent or specialized skill is just that. And there are some genuinely intelligent rich people. But its not their money that made them smart. And most people aren't smart in multiple areas. And that's the problem with associating wealth, especially money made through entertainment, with being smarter than others. It ignores the fact that most people in general hace limited knowledge.

But even winners do it. Katt Williams has done very well, but he's still doing this illuminati and dress wearing stuff. Mike Epps and Eddie Griffin have done well, but they're still calling Shannon Sharpe gay.

That sounds crab-in-a-buckety. If all of us are doing the best we can, and living under the white man's dollar why shit on the people that reach a high level of success in the system? Why do high levels of success make them a stooges?

The Breakfast Club isn't where people should be going for financial advice. It's a morning radio show providing entertainment, and chasing ratings. Charlamagne's up there sniffing bitch's chairs after they play Throat Baby. So ya, bringing an economist up there isn't very on brand. They entertain more than educate. Educational platforms will have on economists.
and those people you mentioned have a ceiling, where the people they mentioned have exceeded the ceiling of those that mentioned them . They think the ceiling exist because they think that it takes submission to move beyond. Because they don’t know what it takes to win like that. So they make it something they won’t do and not something they can’t do

Back