Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Why does the black community hate on its successful members so much?

test

Bow to Royalty

Just facts
Why when our people are successful do they so often get called illuminati, gay, sell outs, corny, saying they got bent over or sucked dick, etc? Like people seemed to like Shannon Sharpe. Then his Katt Williams interview blew up... now he's gay. Or jumping on our successful black comedians for wearing a dress? So what? That's just something a lot of comedians do. White ones too.

Why turn on successful people, which could deter people from success? Or cause them to act in a problematic way to avoid the accusations?

We aren't talking about successful Black people, we are talking about celebrity culture lol...

I am tired of celebrity culture and socio-economics politics in the Black American population going hand and hand.

Lol, very few groups in the world fucking believe their most successful members are people that gossip and wear dresses to get laughs for a living.

Nobody looks up to them. Nobody wants them to do well. They are just there to be entertaining.

Celebrities are paid and galavanted around to be objects of hate and love. That's the function of a celebrity.

Lol, these Black celebrities being upset that they are treated like any other celebrity need to go somewhere.

Lol, only reason they get any position of leadership within the Black American population is because most of us are poor and a motherfucker that gossips and make 10 million a year is in the 0.01 of Black people.

Last edited:
Jay and B are successful and most of the black community worships them. Oprah is successful and a lot of black people act like she's some kind of goddess.

I think you're being to general with this claim.

Jay and B get called illuminati a lot. It probably is less frequent among female celebrities though. But even Oprah put on Gayle and people started saying they're sleeping with each other.

Can you give some example of Black people that are disliked just for being successful? Cuz niggas love Tyler Perry & he’s a billionaire that writes minstrels.

The problem is Black celebrities are beholden to the dominant structure which is White supremacy. Black celebrities have consistently shown their willingness to integrate into a system that harms the broader Black community, same as Black bankers that come to the church fish fry with a table and try to sell high-interest mortgages to their ppl or Black football coaches who won’t stay at HBCU’s.

Instead of attributing it to some frenzied negro hate (because who do we know that does that in the face of protest?) why not look at the complaints of the communities that gave birth and usually trained these celebrities?

and a nigga named Shannon that calls his shit Club Shay Shay would be questioned anywhere.. that sound like some saucy trantana shit.

"A warrior walk alone
there's one spot on this throne
Fake friends be off and on
but a man stand up on his own
I'm raised by a different code
cut from a different cloth
Never been a follower
My momma told me be a boss
Watch who you hang around
Don't let nobody bring you down
Friends come & go like the seasons
Leaves turn to brown
Some only come around when everything is green
Be careful
Not to let a snake
Infiltrate ya team
For every Jesus
There's a Judas
Every Caesar
There's a Brutus......."

Last edited:
Can you give some example of Black people that are disliked just for being successful? Cuz niggas love Tyler Perry & he’s a billionaire that writes minstrels.

The problem is Black celebrities are beholden to the dominant structure which is White supremacy. Black celebrities have consistently shown their willingness to integrate into a system that harms the broader Black community, same as Black bankers that come to the church fish fry with a table and try to sell high-interest mortgages to their ppl or Black football coaches who won’t stay at HBCU’s.

Instead of attributing it to some frenzied negro hate (because who do we know that does that in the face of protest?) why not look at the complaints of the communities that gave birth and usually trained these celebrities?

and a nigga named Shannon that calls his shit Club Shay Shay would be questioned anywhere.. that sound like some saucy trantana shit.
You asked for an example and provided one. Tyler Perry gets called gay all the time and catches shit for wearing dresses.

I attribute it to hate because that's what it is. There's a need to be dismissive of someone's success because they had to do something shameful and not respect themselves to achieve it. Like the dress thing...super common in comedy. Really no need to focus on it except to hate.

I didn't hear anyone questioning Sharpe until he blew up. I think he's been saying "Shay Sharpe" too. It's just his name twice, haha. But he's gay now too.

Not true at all i think niggas iver celebrate peopl because they are deemed "successful'

Not true at all? I'm imagining black comedians/actors being criticized for wearing dresses? I'm imagining Shannon Sharpe being called gay? Ne yo being called gay? Meek Mill being called gay? Saw some of interview with Tyrese getting called gay and that's how he got Baby Boy. Will Smith getting called gay, soft, corny, etc?

You asked for an example and provided one. Tyler Perry gets called gay all the time and catches shit for wearing dresses.
This is probably the only person in American history to make a billion solely off Black people’s unwavering support 20+ years now…Are you talking about celebrity gossip and rumors? Cuz that’s not hate. People say Angelina Jolie fucked her brother, she remains one of the most beloved actresses in Hollywood.

People for example, hate Kanye West. Not because he’s rumored to be gay, but because he’s a white supremacist.

I attribute it to hate because that's what it is. There's a need to be dismissive of someone's success because they had to do something shameful and not respect themselves to achieve it. Like the dress thing...super common in comedy. Really no need to focus on it except to hate.

Relative to their white counterparts, more A-list Black comedic anctors are casted in drag. If we went down the list, you’d find we are overrepresented in that regard and with the historical ‘Buck-Breaking’ narrative, the question is valid: What’s with every black guy wearing a dress in movies?

unless Chris Rock the most successful Black comic is jus a hateful ass negga too.

plus, who do people hate that worse a dress? If what you propose were true, we would hate EVERYONE. If anything, niggas hate the directors who force them.

Again, your refusal to deal with nuance suggests that you may infact hate Black people..You can’t see the abnormalities that millions of others do and instead just attribute everything to Blacks being hateful toward any and everything.
I didn't hear anyone questioning Sharpe until he blew up. I think he's been saying "Shay Sharpe" too. It's just his name twice, haha. But he's gay now too.

The Katt Williams interview is one of the most widely viewed in human history.You do understand that he (Sharpe) is now known to an audience that isn’t familiar with ‘Shay Shay’, right?

Plus, these are all internet comments about sexuality, why would they be hate? Is someone being gay worthy of hate?

This is probably the only person in American history to make a billion solely off Black people’s unwavering support 20+ years now…Are you talking about celebrity gossip and rumors? Cuz that’s not hate. People say Angelina Jolie fucked her brother, she remains one of the most beloved actresses in Hollywood.

People for example, hate Kanye West. Not because he’s rumored to be gay, but because he’s a white supremacist.

Relative to their white counterparts, more A-list Black comedic anctors are casted in drag. If we went down the list, you’d find we are overrepresented in that regard and with the historical ‘Buck-Breaking’ narrative, the question is valid: What’s with every black guy wearing a dress in movies?

unless Chris Rock the most successful Black comic is jus a hateful ass negga too.

plus, who do people hate that worse a dress? If what you propose were true, we would hate EVERYONE. If anything, niggas hate the directors who force them.

Again, your refusal to deal with nuance suggests that you may infact hate Black people..You can’t see the abnormalities that millions of others do and instead just attribute everything to Blacks being hateful toward any and everything.

The Katt Williams interview is one of the most widely viewed in human history.You do understand that he (Sharpe) is now known to an audience that isn’t familiar with ‘Shay Shay’, right?

Plus, these are all internet comments about sexuality, why would they be hate? Is someone being gay worthy of hate?

He's done great appealing primarily to a Black audience. People still call him gay and criticize him for wearing a dress though.

I think the dress thing is overhyped. Comedic actors wear dresses. Other races just don't obsess over it. Without googling to check, name close to 10 white actors that do a decent number of comedy roles, and I'll check to see if they've dressed as a woman/worn a dress.

They hate ON them, not they necessarily hate them. You don't have to actually hate someone to not give them full credit for their accomplishments. But why not just give them credit, instead of saying they sold out and let them emasculate them for a check.

LOL ya. Not liking that people say black men are succeeding because they're sucking dick and wearing dresses, instead of saying it's because of their talent and hard work is me hating black people.

Bruh, the people calling Sharpe gay have known who he was for a long time, and they weren't calling him gay until the Katt Williams interview. And it's not just the show name. It's how he sits, how he stands, how he drinks, what he wears, etc.

Nobody's biggin up somebody by saying they're gay, if they say they aren't. Ya... it's an insult. You can probably find plenty of examples right on this site.

Edit: I left out "on" in the thread title. My fault.

Last edited:
I think this is an antiquated view nowadays.

Solidarity is on the rise, just so happens niggadry gets the most shine.

Maybe. But I see a lot of people calling Sharpe gay for no real reason. And it's people that have known who he was for 20+ years. I still hear the thing about comedians in dresses a lot. Saying Diddy fucked all these dudes around him.

Bill Maher has always seemed kinda feminine to me, but I don't think I ever heard much about white folks calling him gay. I don't feel like I hear white comedians look down on their peers for wearing a dress in a role.

Back