Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why do people care about expensive shoes, clothes, bags, etc?

End of the day, some people just like to wear what they deem as nice clothing.
Never understood why people cared so much about people spending money on shoes and shit, just cause they not into fashion.
Personally, I’ll never outgrow dressing nice, cause I like to do it.

Another question, I suffer from social anxiety and I'm mostly a introvert. Maybe this is the reason why I can't process the "look at me" aspect of fashion. Can you have social anxiety and still have an urge to buy expensive clothes to show off?

Why cant people just buy it because they want to?
I understand that, just trying to understand the reason for "wanting" to is all. I guess for me as I get older I'm been reevaluating alot of things and this is one of them especially since it's an expensive hobby.

On the flip side, some niggas would clown me for how I dress, why? I guess it depends on who you are around.

What was the reason that you were into the shit as a youngin?
I was into it because my cousin's were, and I was Wayne head in New Orleans lol so when he was talking Evisu and Bathing Apes and shit I blew all of money from Hurricane Katrina work and spent it on clothes just so I can impress my cousins since my family was poor and I grew up in hand me downs. The older I got it was for chicks since they wanted a nigga that can dress, then the older I got I realized it was more about how to talk to women, and it quickly faded away from me caring much about what I wear.

However I must admit I do like me some Levi's based on how it fit and the same goes for North Face and Adidas track suits makes me feel like a superhero lol.

But there is Gallery Department, exclusive shoe drops, Monclear, etc. That's like a different level expensive. Maybe folks feel like superheros?

There's the fact that some want to impress other people. There's also the fact that sometimes you just like certain shit and can buy it. There's also the fact that higher priced items tend to last longer and be made of better quality material. I used to be very much "I'm not paying above a certain amount" for shit...but the older I got I realized you really do end up paying more when you skimp on quality of certain shit you buy because you have to replace it more frequently.

Like I don’t have bape money but I can cop some ice cream every once in a while. Idk shit about dress clothes though.

Another question, I suffer from social anxiety and I'm mostly a introvert. Maybe this is the reason why I can't process the "look at me" aspect of fashion. Can you have social anxiety and still have an urge to buy expensive clothes to show off?

If you're an introvert or have social anxiety, you're not buy clothes to "show off". You're buying them cause you like it.

It’s because you’re renting your confidence, social image and love for yourself until you realize you can’t pay for it carnally, it’s something you buy spiritually.

I say this as a person with a bunch of Jordans. I don’t care to wear one pair. They’re nice to have GOD willing? I’ll be 40 soon. Most I’ll pay for is Ralph Lauren. Amazon be having sweaters for 10 dollars and them hoes built well. So I feel for these kids of today.

Back