Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why do people care about expensive shoes, clothes, bags, etc?

I remember doing that shit when I was younger, but as I'm older now I can't remember the last time I truly cared about the new Jordans, Barkeleys, Off White, etc.

Shit pointless and kinda gay to impress other niggas tbh.

Does it only matter if you single or have a passion for the art of fashion or is it something else? School my ignorant ass please.

I'll take it one step further... I grew up poor but went to a very socially mixed high school and middle school and we had the rich kids copying us wearing carhart, dickies, timberlands and whatever. This whole trend of kids wearing designer clothes is retarded to me. The youth should be starting their own trends and styles not wearing expensive bullshit designed by a 50 year old gay European.

Status

A lot of humans want to be considered better than others and try to show this in various ways

Some people try to do it with fashion
You believe at a certain age people will outgrow that? Like I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand anyone who is married and settled down with kids still trying to get the new Jordans for themselves and young ones. Like is it a confidence booster? And if so why? Who are you impressing? Friends? family? CO workers?

You believe at a certain age people will outgrow that? Like I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand anyone who is married and settled down with kids still trying to get the new Jordans for themselves and young ones. Like is it a confidence booster? And if so why? Who are you impressing? Friends? family? CO workers?
Some people will, some people wont

Upbringing and outside stimuli contribute to this

There’s been such an emphasis on fashion and luxury brands the past 15 years

It’s all some people know too

Status.

It really is that simple. The ability to floss in front of ones peers doesn't happen when you buying Shaq or And1 shoes from Walmart. People will drown themselves in debt just to floss.

Remember late teens getting caught up in that shyt, but after like 24 really didnt care. Remember copping an Avirex in 98 and that shyt was like $500, looking back I say to myself "you idiot" lol....Still keep some fresh kicks, not trying to impress anybody but because I like them. I'm good with a black, white, or gray T-shirt, or thermal depending on the temperature, jeans or cargo shorts and some kicks. Dress clothes are always gonna be expensive though, but once again not trying to keep up with anyone

Never forget my girls little brother one time bragging because he tallied up his outfit for the day and it was like $700 and some change. Fresh out fit, jordans, a chain, earrings, etc. Ordered food in the drive though, so she asked homey how much money he got on the tab and he was like "I dont have any money, I thought you was paying"...lol....dubbed him ghetto fabulous after that

I remember doing that shit when I was younger, but as I'm older now I can't remember the last time I truly cared about the new Jordans, Barkeleys, Off White, etc.

Shit pointless and kinda gay to impress other niggas tbh.

Does it only matter if you single or have a passion for the art of fashion or is it something else? School my ignorant ass please.

I mean I hear you but you can look fly without having to spend like a rapper

Back