Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Kendrick or Cole?

test

Rate "Black Air Forces"

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the uproar from fans would happen had it been anyone else. Kendrick being selected is clearly to make a statement more than it being a business move or even the best choice.

Plenty of artists have performed at the Superbowl and weren't saying much for a good minute prior to their performance, why should Wayne be charged for that?
Its a statement to niggas like you who are connecting dots that arent there.

Kendrick has had the biggest song and moments of the year by far with an album on the way. Theres nothin left to talk about. Wayne aint no Halftime show candidate... not anymore. The time, if any has passed him. Wtf is this nigga performing anyway? All his hits essentially came from one album and you already said he should perform by himself. LOL at niggas mad that Wayne cant perform tracks off Squad Up with Gudda Gudda

Its a statement to niggas like you who are connecting dots that arent there.

Kendrick has had the biggest song and moments of the year by far with an album on the way. Theres nothin left to talk about. Wayne aint no Halftime show candidate... not anymore. The time, if any has passed him. LOL at niggas mad that Wayne cant perform tracks off Squad Up with Gudda Gudda
Most SB performers are past their prime when they get called up... no one was on the edge of their seat for a Prince album in 2007, but they called him up anyway and he killed it. Kendrick is obviously a better choice than Wayne, he's actually a trash performer. But let's not act like he's Hurricane Chris getting dubbed by 50. Wayne is a NOLA icon, and could fill a SB halftime show with his 2008 catalog alone.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Most SB performers are past their prime when they get called up... no one was on the edge of their seat for a Prince album in 2007, but they called him up anyway and he killed it. Kendrick is obviously a better choice than Wayne, he's actually a trash performer. But let's not act like he's Hurricane Chris getting dubbed by 50. Wayne is a NOLA icon, and could fill a SB halftime show with his 2008 catalog alone.

Sure thing!

@AP3.0 you think Wayne shoulda got a shot being that it’s in NO
For me, this is not black and white

The bias in me would definitely like to see him perform but the objectivity in me knows it's not a good idea

As I said earlier, Wayne is only from Nola when it's convenient. He seems to only pop out for his Lil weezyana fest and tbh, I think he probably wanna have that shit somewhere else.

He's a documented Packers and Lakers fan. Saints won the SB in 09 and I don't think he even acknowledged it.

This is also a show, not a concert. I watched a brother's tik tok yesterday and he broke it down very well as to why Wayne performing isn't a great idea.

TL;Dr had Wayne made different choices in his career when it came to Louisiana/Nola, this is probably a very different discussion

Back