Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Kendrick or Cole?

test

Rate "Black Air Forces"

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wayne headlining would have had more meaning but Kendrick got the aux right now so it only makes sense from a business standpoint

Wayne ain't gonna boycott the NFL or stop showing up when the money right so all in all this will be brushed over

Then it is fair for fans to feel this way... Wayne (a New Orleans native) was snubbed twice 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

I respect the chess play and pettiness to prove a point to Drake and all but can't dismiss the fact that it's quite disrespectful towards Wayne. And if I am Wayne, I do not want to be a "special guest" for the obvious reasons and the fact that I should headline the entire show myself. Just saying
No its not fair to feel this way because the Super Bowl is a global event where the host city changes year in and year out. Therefore the Halftime show has no obligation to cater to the hometown and chose a performer based on that. It’s literally no parallel. Wayne hasnt been musically relevant for more than a decade now. Arguably His 2 understudies (Drake and Nicki) have passed him in star power and influence over that same amount of time. What has he done culturally over the last decade? I dont fuck with Wayne at all but this entire convo is disingenuous as hell cause had it been anyone else aside from Kendrick chosen to perform I dont think we'd be having this discussion.

No its not fair to feel this way because the Super Bowl is a global event where the host city changes year in and year out. Therefore the Halftime show has no obligation to cater to the hometown and chose a performer based on that. It’s literally no parallel. Wayne hasnt been musically relevant for more than a decade now. Arguably His 2 understudies (Drake and Nicki) have passed him in star power and influence over that same amount of time. What has he done culturally over the last decade? I dont fuck with Wayne at all but this entire convo is disingenuous as hell cause had it been anyone else aside from Kendrick chosen to perform I dont think we'd be having this discussion.
It’s fake outrage from boredom

Bet money Kendrick brings Wayne out if possible. 2 rappers Kendrick stans for is Eminem and Lil Wayne. Would be a cool moment and a backhand to Drake.

I'll never forget the random night Kendrick went on live drunk asf and was going crazy rapping Wayne songs back to back. Expexially cuts from 500 Degreez which was randomally dope.

I think the uproar from fans would happen had it been anyone else. Kendrick being selected is clearly to make a statement more than it being a business move or even the best choice.

Plenty of artists have performed at the Superbowl and weren't saying much for a good minute prior to their performance, why should Wayne be charged for that?

I think the uproar from fans would happen had it been anyone else. Kendrick being selected is clearly to make a statement more than it being a business move or even the best choice.

Plenty of artists have performed at the Superbowl and weren't saying much for a good minute prior to their performance, why should Wayne be charged for that?

what's the statement in your opinion?

Back