Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who was the bigger artist from 96-01?

lol

we comparing two artists who put out projects during that time

its not like im asking about 50 being a bigger artist in 2001 compared to Biggie in 96

You know good and we’ll that wasn’t tha point of my post and if you don’t know that then I was wrong and had you pegged as a lot smarter than this....

:dfbruh:

Kast sold more on stankonia than mystikal's who career, i know that hurts your heart :hahaha: and that's not even their highest selling album

Yet, Mystikal in 2000 was the hottest artist that year with Shake ya Ass?

You keep with the sales pitch which doesn't equate to anything, when the playing fields are not the same. Hell if Mystikal would have gotten the same promo as Outkast with his debut album Unpredictable and had to have the chance to tour and release 3 songs and 3 radio singles, he would have sold more.

You use sales as if it's a staple in the discussion, but most artist, especially back then, didn't use promo. Cash Money didn't even drop singles, you had to buy the album. They didn't give their artists but 1 video, sometimes no video, so how is that even fair to compare a Hot Boys album "Get it How You Live" to a Kast album that got major promo??

In real time though in 1997, Hot Boys album got more burn along with Juvenile's album, but because of the lack of ad dollars and folks just looking at "stats" then you can't and wouldn't see that I never was a stat/sales person, most southern labels and artist had no promo wit their projects which would get over look if we just looking at stats in 2019, but "in real" time it's a different story

That's why stats are moot to me, everybody aint playing with the same marketing dollars

Like I told AP, Juvenile was the best rapper in the South, but now if one's to do a list, he be 40th and 3000 would be ahead of him, but "in real" time, Juvie ran the south during his run

From 1996-2000/2001, Nobody from the South had Andre 3000 ahead of Juvenile in the rap order Nobody

Last edited:

You keep with the sales pitch which doesn't equate to anything, when the playing fields are not the same. Hell if Mystikal would have gotten the same promo as Outkast with his debut album Unpredictable and had to have the chance to tour and release 3 songs and 3 radio singles, he would have sold more.

You use sales as if it's a staple in the discussion, but most artist, especially back then, didn't use promo. Cash Money didn't even drop singles, you had to buy the album. They didn't give their artists but 1 video, sometimes no video, so how is that even fair to compare a Hot Boys album "Get it How You Live" to a Kast album that got major promo??

In real time though in 1997, Hot Boys album got more burn along with Juvenile's album, but because of the lack of ad dollars and folks just looking at "stats" then you can't and wouldn't see that Lol I never was a stat/sales person, most southern labels and artist had no promo wit their projects which would get over look if we just looking at stats, but "in real" time it's a different story

That's why stats are moot to me, everybody aint playing with the same marketing dollars

The stats are the main thing that shows who was bigger. You telling me how much burn an album was getting in your hoopty means nothing lol

In real time though in 1997, Hot Boys album got more burn along with Juvenile's album, but because of the lack of ad dollars and folks just looking at "stats" then you can't and wouldn't see that I never was a stat/sales person, most southern labels and artist had no promo wit their projects which would get over look if we just looking at stats in 2019, but "in real" time it's a different story

Like I told AP, Juvenile was the best rapper in the South, but now if one's to do a list, he be 40th and 3000 would be ahead of him, but "in real" time, Juvie ran the south during his run

From 1996-2000/2001, Nobody from the South had Andre 3000 ahead of Juvenile in the rap order Nobody
nostalgia is the gift and the curse

lol this nigga knock thinks the whole world is the 2 dirt roads in N.O he travels everyday

nostalgia is the gift and the curse

How so, you tried to use that "in the moment" as if it's a bad thing, that's how white folks mess up history, "guessing" and looking at it from a linear vision and not looking at the whole scope of things and how it was back "in real" time.

Outkast put out less material than Mystikal but yet they are neck and neck?? Stop it breh. Dude features alone in that time frame "in real" time separated him from many of artists including Andre 3000 and Big Boi.

Niggas wasn't fucking with Kast, most niggas thought them dudes were weirdos and you were caught listening to them, you was considered a weirdo too, plus the bitches wasn't listening to them niggas back then, if you really wanna keep 1000, "in real time" them dudes would get clowned more so on their appearance which was one of the reason why folks didn't accept them back then, but I'm sleep.

lol this nigga knock thinks the whole world is the 2 dirt roads in N.O he travels everyday

I can't find the quote, but 3000 was disappointed at a performance they did at Howard, dude said the crowd just "clapped" and moved right along. as if they were a nobody. (folks weren't fucking with that as I stated back then)

Dirt road goes a long ways I see If you got ppl just "clapping" at your performance in D.C.. That was in 1995 at a HBCU

How so, you tried to use that "in the moment" as if it's a bad thing, that's how white folks mess up history, "guessing" and looking at it from a linear vision and not looking at the whole scope of things and how it was back "in real" time.

Outkast put out less material than Mystikal but yet they are neck and neck?? Stop it breh. Dude features alone in that time frame "in real" time separated him from many of artists including Andre 3000 and Big Boi.

Niggas wasn't fucking with Kast, most niggas thought them dudes were weirdos and you were caught listening to them, you was considered a weirdo too, plus the bitches wasn't listening to them niggas back then, if you really wanna keep 1000, "in real time" them dudes would get clowned more so on their appearance which was one of the reason why folks didn't accept them back then, but I'm sleep.
well i'm actually with goldie that a case could be made for either one during that time

so, yeah

BUT, HS freshman AP wasn't able to digest Outkast's music when it dropped vs 36 yr old AP whose musical pallet has increased exponentially since that time. In other words, like i told you, i'm willing to concede he may have been the bigger artist, but his albums, content speaking were not better than Outkast's offerings during that time

This dude in 1995 Lol. Man the truth is uncomfortable.

There you go Goldie

How you make Soul Train if you are not getting burn or not killing shit? This is before No Limit Lol

Outkast seeing this? smh, The whole crowd chanting dude's verse? Whose chanting Kast's verses in 1998 outside of the hook? Stop it breh.

The truth is uncomfortable

"In real time"

Elevators.

They rocked that shit, I can't even sit up here and say they didn't kill that shit. Elevators just a dope ass song, I want that shit played at my funeral

ok ok

i want to try to keep the focus on that period where you were when those projects dropped and not a revisionist/hindsight pov

so, would any of you agree that Mystikal was the bigger artist but Kast had the better body of work?

I would say it was even but Kast really took off, imo, when Rosa Parks dropped

Like I told AP, Outkast became hot and that group when all the rest of the groups fell off.

When UGK, 8Ball and G, E-40 and the click, The Hot Boys, TRU, hell I'll even throw in Naughty, in "real time" not talking about in 2019, Outkast was not that group, let alone bigger or had a bigger waved than Mystical.

Mystikal features alone put him over this group, Unpredictable had 1 video, and that song wasn't on the radio and the dude had a bigger impact/draw than Outkast

We talking "real time"

Kast got bigger and bigger with every album they released from 1st to their 4th.

They was slept on with Southern, then started making noise w/ Elevators & Atliens. Then they broke out w/ Aquemini.

I can't because Mystikal was local. Mystikal features from 97 through 01 were bigger, the dude did a song with Mariah Carey. "It aint my fault" wasn't a big song, his feature on Make'em Say Ugg wasn't the best verse, the nigga killed the song Lol to the point where niggas were upset he wasn't on the 2nd??

I can drop feature after feature from this dude "in real time" that shits all over Outkast stuff that they put out.

In real time in 1998, stats that you are leaning on, Mystikal owned those stats. The dude had folks sitting by the radio waiting for his album to drop.

The dude had folks rushing to the song he would be featured on to listen to him. Mystikal smoking songs >>>> niggas would quickly go to the smoking song he would have on his album.

Looking at things now you can say that about stats, but if we are talking "real time" in the moment, Mystikal catalog and impact shits all over Outkast.

This is true.

Mystikal was known for a couple of solo songs (The Man Right Chea), but it was his features on Make em Say Ugh, Ain't My Fault, etc that had his name out there like that.

Mystikal as a solo artist didn't really breakout til the Let's Get Ready album. By then Kast was bonafide superstars.

Isnt this easily solved by finding out who sold more albums and whose singles charted higher during those years?

Feel like this one is easy to prove.

Someone do the work.

Back