Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who was the bigger artist from 96-01?

Like I told AP, Outkast became hot and that group when all the rest of the groups fell off.

When UGK, 8Ball and G, E-40 and the click, The Hot Boys, TRU, hell I'll even throw in Naughty, in "real time" not talking about in 2019, Outkast was not that group, let alone bigger or had a bigger waved than Mystical.

Mystikal features alone put him over this group, Unpredictable had 1 video, and that song wasn't on the radio and the dude had a bigger impact/draw than Outkast

We talking "real time"

To me it’s just difficult having “Era” convos wit people who were what...10-12...in ‘96...memories and where u were during life during these era discussions give people different perspectives

Like if you 10...12...even 14 in ‘96 and you hear Mystikal you might be like “Ah Shit!! He so dope!! He’s tha best!! I’ve never heard anything like this!!” And that’s what your memories tell you felt like and that’s not wrong...you were young and impressionable

But if you were let’s say 20 or even 20+ in ‘96 and you’ve already had “who’s tha best” convos for years in barbershops and OutKast drops ATLiens or summin like that and it’s a GOAT album you remember that because Mystikal got bitches crunk or whatever he still wasn’t anywhere close to tha level of Kast it makes you seem like an “old hater” or some shit lol

Look...I’ll “expound” later maybe but I just think these “era” convos be skewed when dealing wit a time period where niggaz was still very young and prolly still sneaking to listen to certain shit lol

U posted Outkast in 96, i dare u to post mystikal in 96

That 96 album ATLIENs dropped, aint that album that ppl hold dear to their heart?? In 96, I'm bout it bout, was bigger than anything ATLIENs had on that album. We talking "real time"

Mystikal had "Yall Aint Ready and Here I GO" those songs alone got more burn in the south than anything Outkast put out..

Mystikal - Here I GO in 96, shitted on anything Outkast had out, Elevators is their only song that folks were talking about in a sense, but Here I GO still trumps that song

We talking "real time"

Like I told AP, Outkast became hot and that group when all the rest of the groups fell off.

When UGK, 8Ball and G, E-40 and the click, The Hot Boys, TRU, hell I'll even throw in Naughty, in "real time" not talking about in 2019, Outkast was not that group, let alone bigger or had a bigger waved than Mystical.

Mystikal features alone put him over this group, Unpredictable had 1 video, and that song wasn't on the radio and the dude had a bigger impact/draw than Outkast

We talking "real time"

Outkast sold more than all of those group damn near combined. If you can't even be real with yourself and admit things that are factual and documented , then there's no need to debate this.

That 96 album ATLIENs dropped, wasn't that album that ppl hold dear to their heart?? In 96, I'm bout it bout, was bigger than anything ATLIENs had on that album. We talking "real time"

Mystikal had "Yall Aint Ready and Here I GO" and those songs alone got more burn in the south than anything Outkast put out..

Mystikal - Here I GO in 96, shitted on anything Outkast had out, Elevators is their only song that folks were talking about in a sense, but Here I GO still trumps that song

We talking "real time"

We talkin about bout it bout it or mystikal?

Show me Mystikal's 96 apollo performance. U can't.

The thread is about who was BIGGER not better. Better is based on opinion. BIGGER is based on stats and stats can be proven and Kast kills Mystikal in every stat available. Period.

Now if you wanna talk about who was better that's a different discussion.

Outkast sold more than all of those group damn near combined. If you can't even be real with yourself and admit things that are factual and documented , then there's no need to debate this.

UGK, you do know how no real singles from their albums and little to no prom, no radio play. Are you factoring that in with your statement? You do know Outkast was on a major label and got 3 videos for their albums, you do know Outkast made cross-over songs?

You do know 8Ball and G were on independent label along with the rest of the groups mentioned. Are you factoring those things in your statement?

You gotta look at the whole scope.

UGK, you do know how no real singles from their albums and little to no prom, no radio play. Are you factoring that in with your statement? You do know Outkast was on a major label and got 3 videos for their albums, you do know Outkast made cross-over songs?

You do know 8Ball and G were on independent label along with the rest of the groups mentioned. Are you factoring those things in your statement?

You gotta look at the whole scope.

So you're admitting niggas had no promo, no radio play , etc but they were some how bigger than a multi plat group? Do you even think of the shit you're typing lol

Man we just in the barbershop breh.

You know this just barbershop talk and just kicking up good convo. I fucks with Kast.

Look at page 1, i was the main nigga defending Mystikal, but you came in here saying outlandish shit, made me have to shit on Mystikal lol

We talkin about bout it bout it or mystikal?

Show me Mystikal's 96 apollo performance. U can't.

The thread is about who was BIGGER not better. Better is based on opinion. BIGGER is based on stats and stats can be proven and Kast kills Mystikal in every stat available. Period.

Now if you wanna talk about who was better that's a different discussion.

I can't because Mystikal was local. Mystikal features from 97 through 01 were bigger, the dude did a song with Mariah Carey. "It aint my fault" wasn't a big song, his feature on Make'em Say Ugg wasn't the best verse, the nigga killed the song Lol to the point where niggas were upset he wasn't on the 2nd??

I can drop feature after feature from this dude "in real time" that shits all over Outkast stuff that they put out.

In real time in 1998, stats that you are leaning on, Mystikal owned those stats. The dude had folks sitting by the radio waiting for his album to drop.

The dude had folks rushing to the song he would be featured on to listen to him. Mystikal smoking songs >>>> niggas would quickly go to the smoking song he would have on his album.

Looking at things now you can say that about stats, but if we are talking "real time" in the moment, Mystikal catalog and impact shits all over Outkast.

Last edited:
I can't because Mystikal was local. Mystikal features from 97 through 01 were bigger, the dude did a song with Mariah Carey. "It aint my fault" wasn't a big song, his feature on Make'em Say Ugg wasn't the best verse, the nigga killed the song Lol to the point where niggas were upset he wasn't on the 2nd??

I can drop feature after feature from this dude "in real time" that shits all over Outkast stuff that they put out.

In real time in 1998, stats that you are leaning on, Mystikal owned those stats. The dude had folks sitting by the radio waiting for his album to drop.

The dude had folks rushing to the song he would be featured on to listen to him. Mystikal smoking songs >>>> niggas would quickly go this the smoking song he would have on his album.

Looking at things now you can say that about stats, but if we are talking "real time" in the moment, Mystikal catalog and impact shits all over Outkast.

Like i said on page 1, it's closer than most niggas are making it seem , nobody is shitting on anybody in this comparison, both were huge acts during those years.

So you're admitting niggas had no promo, no radio play , etc but they were some how bigger than a multi plat group? Do you even think of the shit you're typing lol

You brought up stats right? My statement towards that is you can't use that, because it's not an even playing field. The other groups had no promo, or radio singles, etc , so of course, Outkast will get a bigger look from folks outside of the South etc.

I said in 1996-2001, Outkast wasn't even a top 5 group IN THE SOUTH

From 1997-1999,

Who was the better group, Outkast or The Hotboys?

Who had froze time when their albums dropped "in real time" during this time frame when their albums dropped. The Hot Boys or Outkast?

Nobody was rushing out to cop an Outkast album like that, We can't rewrite history

You brought up stats right? My statement towards that is you can't use that, because it's not an even playing field. The other groups had no promo, or radio singles, etc , so of course, Outkast will get a bigger look from folks outside of the South etc.

I said in 1996-2001, Outkast wasn't even a top 5 group IN THE SOUTH

From 1997-1999,

Who was the better group, Outkast or The Hotboys?

Who had froze time when their albums dropped "in real time" during this time frame when their albums dropped. The Hot Boys or Outkast?

Nobody was rushing out to cop an Outkast album like that, We can't rewrite history

Stats is the main metric on who was bigger. You're trying to tell me niggas who you admit were local were bigger than world wide acts lol

If you can't even admit that part, then what are we doing.

Those who think highly of you and consider you a TOP group would feature you on songs, Outkast been since 1992, won a Source award, and you have several record labels to from: Suave House, Rap- A- Lot, NL, CMR, Sick-wit-Records, Death Row, Bad Boys, Slip N Slide.

How many features did Outkast have before 2000 from these labels??

While everybody fucking with everybody off different labels, breaking bread, creating great songs, how come none of these rappers during that time, reached out to Kast to have them on their projects? Lol

Since they are the GOAT. You mean to tell me, none of these artists from these labels reached out?? They weren't that group back then that ppl fucked with. In real time I'm speaking about.

Stats is the main metric on who was bigger. You're trying to tell me niggas who you admit were local were bigger than world wide acts lol

If you can't even admit that part, then what are we doing.

I just posted clips, in 97 Mystikal was still consider local, NL was local, he was more local than Outkast, Kast dropped 2 albums and had a source award victory and I just dropped a clip of Mystikal in 97 killing the crowd in NYC, and I dropped a clip of Kast in the same city, and it wasn't near the same.

So again, sales doesn't matter. Mystikal, had no single, the one with Silkk wasn't even played that heavy down here, so I know it didn't reach anywhere outside of the South and the dude still killed the crowd. He didn't even perform the single, He did another whole song that wasn't even a single off his debut album and rocked the crowd in 97 so what that tell you?

Bigger act Outkast, breh, they wasn't even that big in the South in 97-98, we talking real time not 2019 where you can say that they are a bigger act

The Man Right Chea, you mean to tell me Outkast had a bigger song at the time bigger than The Man Right Chea??? which by the way wasn't even a single

To me it’s just difficult having “Era” convos wit people who were what...10-12...in ‘96...memories and where u were during life during these era discussions give people different perspectives

Like if you 10...12...even 14 in ‘96 and you hear Mystikal you might be like “Ah Shit!! He so dope!! He’s tha best!! I’ve never heard anything like this!!” And that’s what your memories tell you felt like and that’s not wrong...you were young and impressionable

But if you were let’s say 20 or even 20+ in ‘96 and you’ve already had “who’s tha best” convos for years in barbershops and OutKast drops ATLiens or summin like that and it’s a GOAT album you remember that because Mystikal got bitches crunk or whatever he still wasn’t anywhere close to tha level of Kast it makes you seem like an “old hater” or some shit lol

Look...I’ll “expound” later maybe but I just think these “era” convos be skewed when dealing wit a time period where niggaz was still very young and prolly still sneaking to listen to certain shit lol
lol

we comparing two artists who put out projects during that time

its not like im asking about 50 being a bigger artist in 2001 compared to Biggie in 96

I just posted clips, in 97 Mystikal was still consider local, NL was local, he was more local than Outkast, Kast dropped 2 albums and had a source award victory and I just dropped a clip of Mystikal in 97 killing the crowd in NYC, and I dropped a clip of Kast in the same city, and it wasn't near the same.

So again, sales doesn't matter. Mystikal, had no single, the one with Silkk wasn't even played that heavy down here, so I know it didn't reach anywhere outside of the South and the dude still killed the crowd. He didn't even perform the single, He did another whole song that wasn't even a single off his debut album and rocked shit.

Bigger act Outkast, breh, they wasn't even that big in the South in 97-98, we talking real time not 2019 where you can say that they are a bigger act

It's hard to debate with people who disregards logic, u got it fam

Back