Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who popularized the Air Force 1s in the culture?

I remember A1s being heavy in the streets around 93,94 (I think, coulda be 95). I copped the all black ones that had the gold swoosh on the front

Them 1s became standard hood issue

I legit don't remember anyone wearing 'em back then. Jordans, Nike and Reebok Pumps. Adidas, Nike, and Reebok all had cross trainers that erruhbody wore. Fila had some joints with the big ass "F" on the side of 'em too.

But AF1's??? Don't remember 'em being out like that.

NY and Baltimore popularized AF1's ,after they released in 82 nike stopped producing them as

General releases and B more and NY were the only places that sold em. As far as new school, 2000's

to present you definitely have to give Nelly his props. AF1's are wack now though.

You could get Air Force 1's anywhere not just NY and Baltimore lol. Why do people keep thinking their city is the end all be all of a general ass shoe. Was it as popular in other cities as NY? Probably not, but the shoes were around. I remember my friends would ask me why I wore AF1s because in DC and PG County we always wore Foam Posits and New Balance's....

This nigga a fuckin claffy and only ones believing this shit are white people who just started listening to rap 5 years ago SMMFH.

Nelly definitely made all the crazy colors popular tho. I never really saw Air Forces outside the standard colors like white and red, white and blue and of course the neutral colors.

FOH Rocky with that weak ass stroke.

Lastly Nike is laughing at all these idiots especially since they dont own shares and give them all the free publicity and marketing.

Oh yeah after Nelly dropped AF1's it coincided w/ their 20th anniversary so Nike hopped on board and started doing all sorts of custom version's for rappers and that's what really blew them up

I legit don't remember anyone wearing 'em back then. Jordans, Nike and Reebok Pumps. Adidas, Nike, and Reebok all had cross trainers that erruhbody wore. Fila had some joints with the big ass "F" on the side of 'em too.

But AF1's??? Don't remember 'em being out like that.

They was on the east heavy, at least my side. I was up in Pershing round that time and that's what we was on.

I was working at Sibley's then so soon as them bitches hit the store I put me a pair up. We got 40% off too. I gave back a gang of my checks by buying shoes

I remember having some white hi top ones with the red shiny swoosh that I rocked with a red Tigers jersey and fitted.

Damn that shit bring back memories like a mug. Nigga was young and fresh af ridin round in a clean ass 82 Coupe De Ville. I miss the fuck out the 90s

They was on the east heavy, at least my side. I was up in Pershing round that time and that's what we was on.

I was working at Sibley's then so soon as them bitches hit the store I put me a pair up. We got 40% off too. I gave back a gang of my checks by buying shoes

I remember having some white hi top ones with the red shiny swoosh that I rocked with a red Tigers jersey and fitted.

Damn that shit bring back memories like a mug. Nigga was young and fresh af ridin round in a clean ass 82 Coupe De Ville. I miss the fuck out the 90s

almost forgot: '95 Nike dropped the first Penny Hardaway's BUT had dropped the Flight I's right before 'em. Both of them shits were HOT in the skreets.
Fila had the Grant Hill's. Saw them a whole lotta those around Tha D.

Don't know about the rest of the country but um for me 97. Everyone was rocking them same time the New balance and saucony and all the airmax were poppin. So neither Nelly or rocky imo

NY and Baltimore popularized AF1's ,after they released in 82 nike stopped producing them as

General releases and B more and NY were the only places that sold em. As far as new school, 2000's

to present you definitely have to give Nelly his props. AF1's are wack now though.
SmartSelect_20200424-025001_Chrome.jpg

They still have some dope styles

Fam, nobody was really fuckin with AF1's. In 91 I had copped a pair of Air Force V's, all white, in both high and low top. Each time a new AF shoe dropped, that's what cats fucked with. Nooooooooobody had AF1's back then unless they were hand-me-downs and leanin' to the side like three wheel motion. Through the 90's you ain't see 'em at all. When Nelly's joint dropped, that's when you started seein' people rockin' em heavy. He single-handedly made AF1's popular 'cause they never left the streets after that.

That's straight BS. Maybe they wasn't as popular in Detroit. But in NY them joints was selling like hot cakes.

Where did you come up with this 100% wrong shit from?

Coronavirus got niggas going insane with the shit they got people saying.

LOL @ people saying their city was the only place that sold them. Like they've been to all of the other cities and collected data about what shoes people were wearing all over America.

Back