Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who popularized the Air Force 1s in the culture?

I bought some Air Force Ones a few years ago, or so I thought.

They turned out to be bootlegs and the sole wore out after wearing them about 5 times. The problem was I didn't wear them 5 times in a row, it probably took a month before I wore them 5 times. I didn't have the receipt so I couldn't return them.

I learned my lesson, never buy brand name shoes from an independent mom and pop store. Go to a well known chain like Foot Locker or Macys. Or Amazon.
lmao they probably wouldn't have let you return them

Fam, nobody was really fuckin with AF1's. In 91 I had copped a pair of Air Force V's, all white, in both high and low top. Each time a new AF shoe dropped, that's what cats fucked with. Nooooooooobody had AF1's back then unless they were hand-me-downs and leanin' to the side like three wheel motion. Through the 90's you ain't see 'em at all. When Nelly's joint dropped, that's when you started seein' people rockin' em heavy. He single-handedly made AF1's popular 'cause they never left the streets after that.

Niggas around here wont rocking shit but Jordans until that song dropped

Nelly popularized tf outta tht shit just like Dem Franchize Boyz had niggas buying out all the white tees in the Nike shops/clothing stores

I remember A1s being heavy in the streets around 93,94 (I think, coulda be 95). I copped the all black ones that had the gold swoosh on the front

Them 1s became standard hood issue

The only ones I would really be sweating to get today are those black and red ones Mekhi pfeifer sp had one in Clockers....theM shits were patent leather

Back