Welcome To aBlackWeb

Which driver was in the wrong?

Which driver was in the wrong?

• Total voters
Neither did.

But, the Honda is still at fault for it's accident because the river CHOSE to do exactly what it did. There were other options, but that driver chose his path and it led to that crash.

What was the last thing the white truck chose to do?

Yup, but again, my job is to control MY car. If the cat in front of me blocks my path and I believe it's intentional, ok... cool. So be it. I can let them be like that as long as I have a safe way to continue about on the road.

We're taught defensive driving in MI but particularly around Detroit. Everything I've been saying is core defensive driving. Y'all trying to say the truck was at fault would have failed driver's ed 'cause you keep trying to blame him for the Honda's actions.
Did you not see the extended video where the truck started it all by brake checking the car in the beginning? That's not safe

You can't control how the Honda driver operates his vehicle

As the truck driver tho....

The Honda saw dude brake. The proper thing to do would have been to slow down, wait until he could safely pass, and do so. Can't control the driver in the truck, you can only control how you drive.

I would argue that they tried to do just that, after noticing the truck had sped up

Not even close. Driving off the road to get around traffic isn't safe at all. The safest thing to do would have been to slow down and wait for your opening.

Some of y'all have never driven on a toll road either. That stretch of I-44 where nobody dares to go more than 1-2mph over the posted limit would show you how to deal with it. It can take several miles to pass a truck safely on them roads.

Not even close. Driving off the road to get around traffic isn't safe at all. The safest thing to do would have been to slow down and wait for your opening.

Some of y'all have never driven on a toll road either. That stretch of I-44 where nobody dares to go more than 1-2mph over the posted limit would show you how to deal with it. It can take several miles to pass a truck safely on them roads.

That all happened before they saw the truck had closed the gap, that’s not what I was talking about

One of the first things you should have been taught in driver's ed is that you, and you alone, are in control of your car.
How you react to the drivers around you is on you. This is a fundamental of driving and it directly applies here and it's the one thing I've been pointing out that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge because it places the blame directly on the driver of the Honda.

Like it or not, the driver of the Honda is the only person in control of the Honda, ergo their reaction to whatever the other cars on the road are doing is their responsibility and this simply cannot be argued.
Had to come out of lurking cause you are making my head hurt because I can tell you can't drive. You keep talking about rules of the road. So ok. Also in driver's Ed your also taught to pass on the left and get back to the right. It if you're paying on the left and a vehicle is faster than you get to the right and let them pass. (A rule I is to never slow someone's progress )

So the truck is messing up. Speeding up to block the left and right lane do the Honda can't get passed. That's a dick move and that means the truck driver is the emotional one since you want to say drivers Ed taught you to check your emotions.

Now the Honda driver should of never passed on the should I agree but the truck driver being EMOTIONAL sped up to block the Honda driver from getting over. Now some in this thread said he should of waited. Wait for how long though? Five, six, ten miles?

Truck driver is to blame. Rules of the road you are claiming so hard means the truck driver should of got over. Oh and the truck driver was break checking. You don't ever do that.

So the truck driver is at fault. Because I've been in the road many times with these type of drivers who stay in cruise control in the passing lane and when you try to get over they speed up. Actually had a friend who shot at the person for doing said shit

Had to come out of lurking cause you are making my head hurt because I can tell you can't drive. You keep talking about rules of the road. So ok. Also in driver's Ed your also taught to pass on the left and get back to the right. It if you're paying on the left and a vehicle is faster than you get to the right and let them pass. (A rule I is to never slow someone's progress )

So the truck is messing up. Speeding up to block the left and right lane do the Honda can't get passed. That's a dick move and that means the truck driver is the emotional one since you want to say drivers Ed taught you to check your emotions.

Now the Honda driver should of never passed on the should I agree but the truck driver being EMOTIONAL sped up to block the Honda driver from getting over. Now some in this thread said he should of waited. Wait for how long though? Five, six, ten miles?

Truck driver is to blame. Rules of the road you are claiming so hard means the truck driver should of got over. Oh and the truck driver was break checking. You don't ever do that.

So the truck driver is at fault. Because I've been in the road many times with these type of drivers who stay in cruise control in the passing lane and when you try to get over they speed up. Actually had a friend who shot at the person for doing said shit

It's a dick move, nobody is arguing that.
Pass on the left, nobody is arguing that.
I never once said anything about checking your emotions, so you're lying there.
Rules of the road? Didn't refer to that either so you're lying again.

What y'all fail to realize is that even with all of that, how you control your car is your responsibility. You wait however long it takes to safely pass the car in front of you. I've literally had to drive 20+ miles to pass a semi on I-44 driving through Oklahoma because 1: Nobody would exceed the speed limit by more than 1-2mph and 2: Because that's what it took to do so.

And your friend that shot at somebody for cruising in the passing lane is a psychopath that needs to be arrested and locked up for at least a decade. You pretty much threw everything you said out the window by invoking him and not denouncing his behavior.

Back