• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
I’ll take it a step further.

I don’t I could even if I knew her.

I gotta worry about my 4 first.

She's not foul or wrong. Not wanting to part with one of your organs could never be foul. Lol.

But I’d have given the kidney. I better not be the first option. Like she needs to have been on the regular donor list and have just no have received one yet and is close to death or some shit like that. If there is any other option for a kidney, go explore that shit cuz you only getting my shit as a last resort.

But yeah, if push came to shove, I'd have given the kidney.

But you not giving to your mother you giving it to your half sister.

So you would deny the sister just to spite the mother for mistreating you?

Wouldn't care about the sister either way.

It wouldn't be about spiting the mother.

Just couldn't see myself doing a favor for her knowing she's trying to use me.

I'd probably be an asshole and call her up offering my condolences after she died.

Not to rub it in her face, but to see how she reacts.

If she goes off on me and starts saying all kinds of crazy shit to me, I would know how she really feels about me...........and feel better about not giving up my kidney.

Basically, to reassure myself that I did the right thing.

Same thing that would have happened if you’d never found about them

Not necessarily.

Remember, you gave your kidney to the half-sister.............so you only have one kidney left instead of 2.

If you never found out about them, you'd still have 2 kidneys because you would've never given your kidney up.

Another thing, if the kid's 14.............wouldn't she need her father's permission to give away her kidney?

Why would her mother even be having any direct contact with her?

She should talk to the father before she even approaches her daughter.

Wouldn't care about the sister either way.

It wouldn't be about spiting the mother.

Just couldn't see myself doing a favor for her knowing she's trying to use me.

I'd probably be an asshole and call her up offering my condolences after she died.

Not to rub it in her face, but to see how she reacts.

If she goes off on me and starts saying all kinds of crazy shit to me, I would know how she really feels about me...........and feel better about not giving up my kidney.

Basically, to reassure myself that I did the right thing.

So what if you did that and the mother isn't acting like an ass, says she understands, she's sorry for everything and wants to try and build with you.

You still did the right thing?

Yeah... you spiteful bruh. So just say that then.

I agree with most of yall reasoning for not wanting to do it but a couple of yall ridiculous.

So what if you did that and the mother isn't acting like an ass, says she understands, she's sorry for everything and wants to try and build with you.

You still did the right thing?

Yeah... you spiteful bruh. So just say that then.

I agree with most of yall reasoning for not wanting to do it but a couple of yall ridiculous.

If I'm spiteful, then what does that say about the mother?

She could've reached out to me at any time.

When I was 5...........8.............11...........but, she only chose to do so when she needed something from me.

And that's not really reaching out at all.

Also, the scenario is difficult to answer because you're actually asking what you would do as a 14yr old....... not as an adult.

Hard to get in that 14yr old space since I've never been in that situation in which my mother abandoned me.

So I have no idea what kinda kid I would've turned out to be under those circumstances.

So if she really buttered me up, and I really wanted a connection to the mother I never knew about..........I would probably give up the kidney just to please her and hope that she would stay in my life.

Not knowing the full ramifications of my decision or even considering the possibility that she was using/manipulating me.

The adult me?

Probably would be spiteful, bitter, cold, indifferent, vengeful, petty..........a little bit of all those things.

Not because of any malice towards my half-sister, but because I'd be old enough to see right through what my hypothetical mother was doing.

You're overthinking it. The thread is just asking what would you do. Not to put yourself in a 14 yr old teen girls body or mindset.

You're also acting like a cyattie playing games after the fact. You didn't want to give up the kidney cool. But calling after she took her L to "see how she reacts" is some scorned female shit.

Some of yall nasty.

I'd do it simply because I'd have no problem giving an organ of mine to someone who needed it to live. I wouldn't have any commutation with the "mother" though as not only her past but current actions show a level of selfishness in people I intentionally try to stay away from.

Oh

so how many organs have you donated thus far in your life?

:oreally:

You're overthinking it. The thread is just asking what would you do. Not to put yourself in a 14 yr old teen girls body or mindset.

You're also acting like a cyattie playing games after the fact. You didn't want to give up the kidney cool. But calling after she took her L to "see how she reacts" is some scorned female shit.

Some of yall nasty.

Not overthinking anything.

If anything, you're minimizing the kind of damage that can be done to a child by knowing that their mother chose their other family over them.

You're also dismissing the mother's role in all of this.

She's the one who's ultimately at fault by not trying to establish a bond with her child until she needed something from them.

Not overthinking anything.

If anything, you're minimizing the kind of damage that can be done to a child by knowing that their mother chose their other family over them.

You're also dismissing the mother's role in all of this.

She's the one who's ultimately at fault by not trying to establish a bond with her child until she needed something from them.

Not dismissing the mother of anything I just wouldn't let my feelings for her be the reason I choose to let someone who did nothing to me die.

I'd want to know why the kidney's failed. If it's hereditary or the half sister is a drug abuser I wouldn't want to give it up. Also I'd have to take my own health into account. Can I manage with only 1 kidney.

If none of those things were a factor I would find it hard not to give it up. Cause my half sister didn't do me no wrongs.

Not dismissing the mother of anything I just wouldn't let my feelings for her be the reason I choose to let someone who did nothing to me die.

We're looking at it at 2 different perspectives then.

You're thinking about your sister..........I'm thinking about a mother who didn't want anything to do with me trying to talk me out of my kidney.

Back