Would you give up the kidney?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
K

King Freeman

So I just came across an interesting video on tiktok...

For those that too lazy to click essentially a girl was estranged from her mother from birth till she was 14. She was the product of an affair and the mother wanted an abortion but the father begged her not to and paid her to turn over all rights to the daughter.

Fast forward to 14 and the mother reaches out. After connecting for a few months it turns out the reason the mother made contact is her other daughter is dying and needed a new kidney. The girl is conflicted and feels used. Her father suggests she at least get tested to see if she is a match then make her decision. She was a match.

The mother ran with the information and told everyone she was gonna give the kidney but she never actually decided that she was giving her kidney up and eventually declined feeling like the family never did anything for her so why should she help.

Obviously the family was upset so she gave it pause but still in the end decided she was not giving her half sister her kidney?

What would yall do in the same situation?

Is it fair or foul?

I wouldn’t because my mother is only using me and didn’t bother to be around. (Granted she had a reason because of an affair I guess) but I’m not giving up a kidney for a mother that wanted to abort me that didn’t bother to contact me ever to save her daughter who I don’t know

Also I’m REALLY not giving it up because she told people I would before I agreed

The ONLY reason you contacting me is to save the daughter you decided to keep? Yeeeaaahhh...I'm not doing it. So I can't fault her for not doing it either.

Mother gotta live wit the fact that she lost TWO daughters. Harsh...but that's reality. Mother better hope she finds another match.

I wouldn’t because my mother is only using me and didn’t bother to be around. (Granted she had a reason because of an affair I guess) but I’m not giving up a kidney for a mother that wanted to abort me that didn’t bother to contact me ever to save her daughter who I don’t know

Also I’m REALLY not giving it up because she told people I would before I agreed

But you not giving to your mother you giving it to your half sister.

So you would deny the sister just to spite the mother for mistreating you?

The ONLY reason you contacting me is to save the daughter you decided to keep? Yeeeaaahhh...I'm not doing it. So I can't fault her for not doing it either.

Mother gotta live wit the fact that she lost TWO daughters. Harsh...but that's reality. Mother better hope she finds another match.

She had that daughter before in the marriage she was still in at the time.

I'd do it simply because I'd have no problem giving an organ of mine to someone who needed it to live. I wouldn't have any commutation with the "mother" though as not only her past but current actions show a level of selfishness in people I intentionally try to stay away from.

Yes but it’s a favor for the mother as well and the sister didn’t ask but the mother did.

it’s not even to spite my mother entirely

“say man you have a half sister you probably didn’t know existed can you give her your kidney?”

Fuck no

Why not? If you don't mind me asking.
beta pretty much summed up my thoughts, but i have no emotional ties or investment in that person's well being at that stage in my life

and im ignorant af about this, but dont you also have to be on meds or some shit for the rest of your life or is that just for the person who is receiving it

also, i'ma diabetic...i already dont have a functioning organ...i aint tryna lose one from the set of 2

That's the conflicting part. Half sister who needs the kidney, probably didn't even know she existed.

But I understand where the sister that the mom gave up is coming from. You didn't want me but now you want something from me. I'd be like fuk y'all too.

Back