What up King/Queen......smh lol

Why do you believe those words are "empty confidence"?

It could also be that when people say king/queen they see themselves as worthy of royal respect and are projecting their own energy to you and sees YOU as worthy of royal respect as well (even if you don't).

Cuz nobodies really a queen or a king walking around here and it's a real superfluous title to be calling other people all the time. Say if this type of speech was actually normalized in lexicon. It would just result in empty confidence at best. For show and a quick feeling.

Reactions: Playmaker88
so we gon act like when folks say king or queen they are referring to specific monarchs and not being on some general shit to express to each other how we are MORE than just the descendants of slaves they try to paint us as?

Yikes

You're making the assumption that that's how it is being used in every instance. Can't folks be using it exactly how Du has stated? Or are all people who use those words benevolent in your mind?

Thought you were leaving the convo. Since you're still around, you missed a few questions.
King has always menat good willed until the point in middle school when they teach you Americans left British rule because of a ‘bad king’

Shaka Zulu was a benevolent king. Musi I was a benevolent king.

I don’t know when you stopped learning cause I don’t know you ‘sir’

Arthur was a King and he created a round table because everyone was equal

Martin Luther was a king and he thought everyone was equal

if we all royalty we all equal. Niggas hate being called kings but rejoice in being called one of Gods sheep

@Inori, hold my chair b, this crown bout to kick in

seems a bit ridiculous to feel like when someone calls you KING that they meant specifically ... whats good king Tutankhamun

You avoided my questions. Unless you truly took what you just posted from what Du said. But I know you didn't.

Last edited:
I'll let you go back and read both my posts before I make a statement about the question in bold. I know you have seen my answer to that very question. You had to.

So you believe people who use affirmations towards others aren't using them for themselves as well? Ever studied even basic psychology?

Can you please repeat your "answer"? I'm not seeing it.

I believe in energy so when it comes to affirmations, words of wisdom and words of encouragement yes, I know for a fact that sending out positive energy feels amazing and empowering. I also know for a fact that people want to share that empowering energy with others, whether it's towards/with/from strangers or loved ones.

Now as far as greetings go. I don't know how calling someone king/queen or any other empowering word is purely or even mainly self serving.

Are you under the impression that the majority of the people who say king/queen or other encouraging words as greetings are doing it for self serving reasons?

You're making the assumption that that's how it is being used in every instance. Can't folks be using it exactly how Du has stated? Or are all people who use those words benevolent in your mind?

Fair enough.

Im sure there are folks out there using it how Du expressed it earlier. Not everyone is using it the same

Reactions: Mister
I been thinking.

I hate it when white guys casually call me "boss" on the street. So much so that I cringe when my employees, of whom I actually am their boss, call me "boss".

Everyone may not have the same intention when they refer to you as a title. And unfortunately, few people have the time to investigate the sincerity behind every positive title they're called every single time.

Reactions: Duwop and Mister
Can you please repeat your "answer"? I'm not seeing it.

If this is true then there's no point in me typing anything else. I know your not blind or slow so I have to assume you're being disingenuous.

I been thinking.

I hate it when white guys casually call me "boss" on the street. So much so that I cringe when my employees, of whom I actually am their boss, call me "boss".

Everyone may not have the same intention when they refer to you as a title. And unfortunately, few people have the time to investigate the sincerity behind every positive title they're called every single time.

White men calling me "brother" gets the same reaction from me.

Reactions: Scandalust313
Cuz nobodies really a queen or a king walking around here and it's a real superfluous title to be calling other people all the time. Say if this type of speech was actually normalized in lexicon. It would just result in empty confidence at best. For show and a quick feeling.

Nobody's a king to who's standards? I see royalty everywhere I look.