Welcome To aBlackWeb

What up King/Queen......smh lol

In America Nigga is in our lexicon because that's what we were called every day as a word to demean and oppress us. Also slang and language changes over time so if people are going out of their way to speak words that are empowering, the opposite oppressing and demeaning words, how can that be considered corny?

We were called nigga every day and fully adopted what it means to be a NIGGA. Now we can call ourselves something empowering everyday and fully adopt what it means to be empowered. If it's said regularly it will become apart of our lexicon. Just like nigga and everything else.

What kinda persona do you believe people are trying to cast when they say king/queen?

We could do the whole nigga debate as well. But I feel like the reality is at this point the word is here has been here for years is typically understood as meaning no harm and is not going anywhere.

Although I don't take it to be offensive or have a real problem with the word king/queen. I don't see point in people going out of way to implement empty confidence booster word into lexicon when it's known that's not natural way of speech. Nothing's really being accomplished.

Malik, Malick or Malík is a given name and surname. It can be an Anglicization of two different Arabic names: مَالِك, meaning "Owner", and مَلِك, meaning "King"

LMAO at owner
Own your destiny Khan

it depends on the tone...

i hear it a lot.....sometimes it sounds cool sometimes it sounds condescending... as if "brotha" is the approved black greeting....

i don't like people assuming familiarity with me.....i can respect a respectful greeting...

but if i have any insecurity with greetings.....it's that someone is trying to lower your defenses by presenting themselves as a trusthworthy or welcoming person...

i'l always side eyeing people who i feel are trying too hard to be pleasant or prove themselves

How did you get offended with me when you just said it's your own insecurities ALWAYS making you give em the side eye?

I wasn't saying anyone who disagree with me is insecure. I said anyone who takes a word of encouragement as insincerity is projecting or reflecting their own insecurities. This is psychology not opinion.

Of course you can't say EVERYONE but for the most part it applies. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I always like to use a person's actual words...

If anyone believes being called king/queen is shallow or fake deep like @Duwop suggested, that's more a reflection/projection of their own insecurities and low self-esteem.

If someone goes out of their way to say something positive or uplifting to a person with low self-esteem , most of the time they're gonna think you on some bs cuz they don't believe that about themselves.

These are your words. This is what you said.

And you can't even logically make the statement that it applies for the most part. What amount of those who disagree with your stance do you know personally? So to assume the majority fall into those categories is asinine as well.

You can make whatever points you're trying to make without broad generalizations about those of the opposing view.

Would it make sense for me to claim that the majority of folks in favor of King/Queen need those affirmations because they are insecure and have low self-esteem? I'm sure it's true about some but I wouldn't guess at what percentage. And damn sure wouldn't make a statement of fact about the percentages/amount.

Last edited:
See the source image

How did you get offended with me when you just said it's your own insecurities ALWAYS making you give em the side eye?
I said if there are any insecurities it's that a person is trying to present themselves as something they're not.

A snake will never come up to you saying they ain't shit...

They come with compliments and flattery.

That's my whole point. That's a flattering ass greeting.. Seems disingenuous at the worst... Fake deep at the best...

Maybe if I knew the person for a period of time to acknowledge that's how they truly are.... But off the top it just doesn't seem natural....

We could do the whole nigga debate as well. But I feel like the reality is at this point the word is here has been here for years is typically understood as meaning no harm and is not going anywhere.

Although I don't take it to be offensive or have a real problem with the word king/queen. I don't see point in people going out of way to implement empty confidence booster word into lexicon when it's known that's not natural way of speech. Nothing's really being accomplished.

Why do you believe those words are "empty confidence"?

It could also be that when people say king/queen they see themselves as worthy of royal respect and are projecting their own energy to you and sees YOU as worthy of royal respect as well (even if you don't).

I always like to use a person's actual words...

These are your words. This is what you said.

And you can't even logically make the statement that it applies for the most part. What amount of those who disagree with your stance do you know personally? So to assume the majority fall into those categories is asinine as well.

You can make whatever points you're trying to make without broad generalizations about those of the opposing view.

Would it make sense for me to claim that the majority of folks in favor of King/Queen need those affirmations because they are insecure and have low self-esteem? I'm sure it's true about some but I wouldn't guess at what percentage. And damn sure wouldn't make a statement of fact about the percentages/amount.

Man I appreciate you finding that original quote. I couldn't find it but yeah what's incorrect with what I said? You keep calling it asinine but you're not telling me what I said incorrect.

And it wouldn't make sense to me the latter statement because the ones saying king/queen are giving the "affirmations" they're usually not the ones receiving the affirmations.

I said if there are any insecurities it's that a person is trying to present themselves as something they're not.

A snake will never come up to you saying they ain't shit...

They come with compliments and flattery.

That's my whole point. That's a flattering ass greeting.. Seems disingenuous at the worst... Fake deep at the best...

Maybe if I knew the person for a period of time to acknowledge that's how they truly are.... But off the top it just doesn't seem natural....

Aren't all greetings a form of flattery?

Man I appreciate you finding that original quote. I couldn't find it but yeah what's incorrect with what I said? You keep calling it asinine but you're not telling me what I said incorrect.

And it wouldn't make sense to me the latter statement because the ones saying king/queen are giving the "affirmations" they're usually not the ones receiving the affirmations.

I'll let you go back and read both my posts before I make a statement about the question in bold. I know you have seen my answer to that very question. You had to.

So you believe people who use affirmations towards others aren't using them for themselves as well? Ever studied even basic psychology?

Calling every nigga you greet is like calling every woman you meet gorgeous.

Surely you may feel that rest about some... But a lot of that is just brown nosing
Every woman you meet aint gorgeous in someway to you someone?

Baltimore strikes again

Every woman you meet aint gorgeous in someway to you someone?

Baltimore strikes again

Thought you were leaving the convo. Since you're still around, you missed a few questions.

When did king start to mean "good willed" in general?

Who are some of these benevolent monarchs? If they outnumber thre bad 1000 to 1, it should ne nothing to provide a list of a few. And are you a historian to be making that claim?

So I just stopped learning once I left school? "America" gave me my full education on monarchies now? Yet somehow America seems to have taught you differently?

Calling every nigga you greet is like calling every woman you meet gorgeous.

Surely you may feel that rest about some... But a lot of that is just brown nosing

Or maybe they're just projecting their own greatness on you...

They see themselves as royalty and they see you as royalty too.

Also regardless of religion many folks wanna do unto others as they would want done towards them. So if they see themselves as royalty they treat themselves as royalty and in turn they treat others as royalty.

Back