Welcome To aBlackWeb

What up King/Queen......smh lol

Where is the bold stated Potentate?

Seems to me that more folks have stepped forward saying that the king/queen shit is corny but take no issue with the word nigga flying around... thats the only point i was making.

I try not to paint with broad brushes. Point still remains about folks trying to reconnect to something they have been removed from tho. That's what I was trying to get across. lol @ potentate.. well done bruh lmao

i aint got no problem with it

but i dont say it and im not around anyone that does or ever has

those type of people down here might be like "bruh-bruh" or "black man" or some shit

and I know a lotta niggas thats always "my son, my nephew, my unc, my lil brother" when talking about friends

its really all the same....just a nod from another black man at a sense of togetherness

This is an asinine generalization and you seem intelligent enough to know that.

What's asinine about it in your opinion? Do you believe people are being shallow and fake deep when they say king/queen for the most part? If yes, what gives you that impression or what evidence do you have to prove otherwise?

Reactions: GNS
If anyone believes being called king/queen is shallow or fake deep like @Duwop suggested, that's more a reflection/projection of their own insecurities and low self-esteem.
i take offense to that....

it has nothing to do with my insecurities or low self esteem.....

in fact i explained exactly where it comes from, but yall just gloss over it and attach your own definition as if what i said didn't even exist..

which reinforces my opinion about the greeting to begin with...

it's fake deep.....people stay tryna force their relevance on the world.....

i mean i get it, it more than likely comes from a good place...it just ain't some shit that i view as a high compliment....

it just makes me think "oh this one of them phony ass overly positive motherfuckers"

it just feel forced to me

Nah not all. Shit you/I could very possibly be descended from a murderer some where down line too. You gonna act like that?Lol jk. And most of the people saying king and queen all the time ain't kings or queens in they behavior and position either.
But they calling YOU king. Dont matter how they carry themselves if they recognize the king in you

And what you saying is, you don't carry yaself in such away and dont like being addressed as such. And that's cool.

Me? I was made in His image and preferred to be called God and I dare someone tell me I ain't a God. And I dare someone tell me you ain't a God either king

You are more than what they have told you in they history books beloved

Remember who you are!

What's asinine about it in your opinion? Do you believe people are being shallow and fake deep when they say king/queen for the most part? If yes, what gives you that impression or what evidence do you have to prove otherwise?

What's asinine about it? Seriously? You just generalized everyone who has an opposing opinion as being insecure and having low self-esteem. You didn't say it may apply to some but that "anybody" that feels that way falls into those categories.

It's as bad as me making the claim that everyone who uses King/Queen are insecure and have low self-esteem and are in need of affirmations to make themselves feel better.

in fact i explained exactly where it comes from, but yall just gloss over it and attach your own definition as if what i said didn't even exist..

which reinforces my opinion about the greeting to begin with...

it's fake deep.....people stay tryna force their relevance on the world.....

i mean i get it, it more than likely comes from a good place...it just ain't some shit that i view as a high compliment....

it just makes me think "oh this one of them phony ass overly positive motherfuckers"

it just feel forced to me

You may have answered this already and I may have missed it... but do you feel the same when somebody you dont know calls you "Brotha"?

You'd think of a black man if it was called Burger Nigga tho.

lemme get ahhhhh double Dope Boy w/ cheese, extra thot sauce, a large order of niglets FRESH, and a codeine freeze w/ two straws please

images

preshenated

in fact i explained exactly where it comes from, but yall just gloss over it

In case they missed it:

that's all it really comes down too...

cuz it is quite paradoxical.....

noble and morally righteous kings and queens are often fiction.. reality, anyone who was king or queen were typically quite cruel, and more often than not oppressors....

is that really a compliment when you think about it?

and peasants....is it not wrong to look down on peasants... the working class.... the providers for their families...

most of us come from the peasant class, yet we're programmed to look down no and mock ourselves??

some self hate shit forreal...

there's quite a few take away i guess....

mainly addressing people as king/queen is fake deep....it's aimed to be a compliment, but is quite shallow...there's a certain assumed classism attached to that statement that's not flattering at all

How you figure? The same scrutiny yall gave to "kings"... (oh this king did this or that.. they had slaves or hated common people bla bla bla)

same can be applied to "brotha"... (oh you aint REALLY my brotha.. you the ops... bla bla bla)

Brotha has black power behind it though.

King is just disingenuous

Back