Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is a "pickme" and why do women hate them?

There's a few things I can see at play. First, by advertising herself that way, she's essentially playing the game the way men want: her entire being is dedicated to pleasing men. This perpetuates patriarchal systems of marginalization. Second, if playing the game of gender was a sport, she'd be on the all-star team. How can your average woman realistically compete with her? Obviously, that fuels jealousy and envy. There's also a third: in rap, there's an idea that the song content should speak for itself. If you have to repeatedly tell people you're dope, you probably don't have bars. When you have to constantly draw attention to your strengths, not only does it make you annoying and one dimensional, it also suggests you actually don't have it going on.

To them, yes she is.

But why though? What has Ayesha done that shows she's with being walked all over just to maintain appearances of a happy home? Doesn't she go out and get her own shit too? Is it because of that post a year or two ago where it seemed she was against revealing too much of her body for the world to see? And then all the IG thots got in their feelings?

This isn't directed towards you, Gabi. I just wanna know the general consensus as to why some women feel the way they do as it pertains to a woman doing what she feels she should to keep her household in order.

I don't condone women being dumb asses just to keep up appearances, however, I'm not particularly fond of our current society where "traditional" relationships are frowned upon and observed as unhealthy or archaic.

Shit irks me.

A Pick Me is a woman who will see a puddle, lie face down and become a bespoke footpath if that’s what she’s gotta do to ensure her underemployed man’s kicks stay fresh.

11883523.gif

Its a term usually used by bitter ass women who want to keep the status "fuck these niggas" quo. They'd rather see anti men memes than anything remotely related to catering to a man. Yet do praise dances around simp ass posts telling men to move heaven and earth for every woman they come across. It's sad actually.

Last edited:
But why though? What has Ayesha done that shows she's with being walked all over just to maintain appearances of a happy home? Doesn't she go out and get her own shit too? Is it because of that post a year or two ago where it seemed she was against revealing too much of her body for the world to see? And then all the IG thots got in their feelings?

This isn't directed towards you, Gabi. I just wanna know the general consensus as to why some women feel the way they do as it pertains to a woman doing what she feels she should to keep her household in order.

I don't condone women being dumb asses just to keep up appearances, however, I'm not particularly fond of our current society where "traditional" relationships are frowned upon and observed as unhealthy or archaic.

Shit irks me.
Yea I think that post had a lot to do with it. If it's any other reason, I wouldn't know.

And I agree that traditional relationships shouldn't automatically be shit on. If you look at the pedigree both Ayesha and steph came from...both are from that same type of household they present today. So we expect her to be different why? How?

Dumb shit.

A Pick Me is a woman who will see a puddle, lie face down and become a bespoke footpath if that’s what she’s gotta do to ensure her underemployed man’s kicks stay fresh.

This hyperbole isn’t helping me understand...can I get a realistic example?

Examples of what a pick me is:

-Paying half the rent
-dating men with kids (If she has kids then bypass this unless he has too many kids)
-Paying for the date
-Bragging about cooking and cleaning for your man
-Acknowledging that the man is the leader and she'll have no problem taking his lead

Just a few examples

-Paying half the rent
-dating men with kids (If she has kids then bypass this unless he has too many kids)
-Paying for the date
-Acknowledging that the man is the leader and she'll have no problem taking his lead

Just a few examples
A Pick Me doesn’t simply do this stuff. She preaches a gospel about it.

That is what sets apart a woman who has this set of traits from a woman defined by this set of traits.

-Paying half the rent
-Paying for the date

Just a few examples

what is your source?

A Pick Me doesn’t simply do this stuff. She preaches a gospel about it.

That is what sets apart a woman who has this set of traits from a woman defined by this set of traits.
That’s not all the way true. But I’ll let you tell it.

Back