Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on therapy?

My thoughts on therapy has always been I don't tell my business to strangers, I'll figure it out. If I can't I got folks I can run whatever on my mind by and go from there. If a person wants to go therapy then do that and I hope it helps them. Everything ain't for everybody.
But you share shit on ABW....... :niggawhat:

And @Chi-Town B .....and any other man that posts on here and shares anything about themselves.

Actually I don't share real personal shit on ABW. You got me confused with someone else

You never shared anything personal or shit you was going through on here? Your definition of "personal" may vary from mine.
Never??? Hmmmmm okay

Never cause I ain't here for that.

Well do you need to talk about how your love for mens basketball could be a childhood trauma that is being expressed in an unhealthy way?

How does it make you feel watching other black men live out they dreams while you commentate from your couch and share your thoughts on online forums?

therapy-therapist.gif

Well do you need to talk about how your love for mens basketball could be a childhood trauma that is being expressed in an unhealthy way?

How does it make you feel watching other black men live out they dreams while you commentate from your couch and share your thoughts on online forums?

View attachment 911118

I don't love basketball and it's not even my favorite sport.

I haven't seen the other videos she posted. So if they were just as fucked up as the one I did see. Then she just may have earned being fired.

It's basically the same shit. She never reveals direct personal information about her clients but mainly talks about her client base. Which can and probably will impact those who may or may choose to see her.

If anything is worth firing her over it's framing using therapy for the wrong reasons. Men shouldn't go to therapy to "be better for the bitch". Go to therapy for yourself and the rest of the shit, if therapy is used properly, will begin to fall in line. But if I were a person whose first exposure to the idea of therapy was through this current wave of social media it would 100% turn me away from the idea the way its discussed.

It's basically the same shit. She never reveals direct personal information about her clients but mainly talks about her client base. Which can and probably will impact those who may or may choose to see her.

If anything is worth firing her over it's framing using therapy for the wrong reasons. Men shouldn't go to therapy to "be better for the bitch". Go to therapy for yourself and the rest of the shit, if therapy is used properly, will begin to fall in line. But if I were a person whose first exposure to the idea of therapy was through this current wave of social media it would 100% turn me away from the idea the way its discussed.

Got it. She has to deal with what she did. Wild as a clinician that she seems to not understand that everything shouldn't be shared on the internet whether in detail or vague.

LLS I guess we're making progress!!
178866fd-2051-4334-9c76-80ee47ab0e8c_text.gif

Got it. She has to deal with what she did. Wild as a clinician that she seems to not understand that everything shouldn't be shared on the internet whether in detail or vague.

That's a huge problem with folks who've grown up having so much of their lives shared online. Often they don't consider the real world consequences for that type of shit. She got the chorus of people agreeing that she wanted...but in the real world she also now has to face the ramifications of what she did. That online validation doesn't have any cache in her profession.

All I know is everyone I know thats been in therapy says its really helped them big time.

So I cant sit here and say therapy doesnt work.

As far as for me, Im in a good place in life. Ive balanced being content in where I am with the hunger for more.

Im overall happy as fuck and my mental is in a good place.

I actually think if I talked to a therapist, they'll help me unconver some shit and feelings that ive burried and fuck me up.

Back