Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on therapy?

goddammit... @5:15 is basicaly the same shit I already said.

The whole "emotional language" tho??? Yeah, I think that shit's overblown. I really don't believe men lack the language to describe how we feel, we just choose not to express it, especially if you've been burned by doing so in the past, say as a child or teenager. A woman complaining about how we don't express how we're feeling most likely hasn't earned the level of trust necessary for us to do so.

Her entire first video was confrontational, ghetto as fuck, and completely unprofessional. The vibe she gives off is that of a woman that loudly berates and chastises her man in public. That whole ass video was her and her own toxicity bleeding all over Tik Tok, I'm genuinely not surprised she got fired over it. She showed zero compassion or understanding for men and why we don't go to therapists, particularly Black female therapists. Our feelings are routinely weaponized against us by women at various points in our lives so by the time we're grown ass men the wall is up and ain't nobody getting through it. To appear to have zero empathy for that says she's a shit-tier counselor and probably a liability. Cut her loose and let her be someone else's problem.

On one hand I can say therapy can be a useful tool because it was for me. On the other hand, I can say it's a lotta bullshit because too many therapists bring their personal biases, traumas and axes to grind and put them off on the people they supposed to be serving. Way too many therapists who shouldn't be allowed to try and counsel anybody at all.

Far as this nutcase, I'm glad she was fired. "Don't you wanna learn how to communicate wit yo bitch?" smdh. The doxxing is too much tho. Otherwise fuck her. I almost think she did the shit on purpose knowing she'd get fired and then could turn around and make woe is me vids and hella get cash apps.

she tryna emotionally finesse people huh?

:hahaha:

Everybody needs therapy. EVERYBODY. Just like everybody needs to go to the doctor and the dentist. It's really not that hard of a concept to understand when you look at it like that.

yea

we seen Anthony Soprano's therapist had a therapist

but did his therapist's therapist have therapist?

where does it end...

alice-rabbithole.gif

If you had to bury them then it's something that eventually you'll need to deal with. And that's another thing, therapy isn't just for when life is extra hard or you going through something traumatic. It's also just for the normal stress of life in general.

I dont disagree.

Ill deal with the issues if or when they get uncovered. And I might deal with them by going to therapy even.

All im saying is, im in a good place so I dont want to go in and possibly remember some truama and be fucked up.

The way I feel, I dont have any huge baggage. I just dont know if thats because I dont have iasues or if its because i burried them.

Not risking going to therapy right now was my only point.

As long as personal accountability is the focus….then yes I say therapy helps (in regards to the title of this thread)

I truly believe some people seek “therapy” just to support their own delusions and these therapists get a quick buck on it…you’re paying people to play victim..

It’s difficult to have conversations where serious questions are asked sometimes. People are quick to say “NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME” yet they fail to realize that no one is obligated to understand you….and some people are incapable of doing so because they may not currently be in a place in their life to fully be able to open up to you.

Your relationship with reality is dependent on YOU.

Oh, and social media is a terrible place to seek therapy

I’d feel like a sucker for paying someone to listen me vent. Their caring stops the minute the time is up and they’ll laugh all the way to the bank.

In the end we all have to help ourselves. Nobody else can do that for you.

Nah. I think many of my issues are really not something a therapist could walk me through. What would they do? To me, it’s like watching a fight I had and reviewing how bad I got fucked up. Why’d I wanna do that I can’t grasp it. Just to get embarrassed about it again?

Nah. I think many of my issues are really not something a therapist could walk me through. What would they do? To me, it’s like watching a fight I had and reviewing how bad I got fucked up. Why’d I wanna do that I can’t grasp it. Just to get embarrassed about it again?

To get a better understanding of how you got in the fight in the first place, and how to maneuver through it better so you come out the other side unscathed.

No could just view at as a professional vent session

Back