Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your thoughts on therapy?

I’ve had therapists twice in my life. The 2nd has been fairly recent. Definitely helpful in having someone who can listen and help you assess the root of certain issues. The rest is on you. I definitely advocate therapy especially for black folks cause there’s way too much unresolved or disregarded trauma in our community.

So, about a week ago, a black female therapist, put out a video stating how black men need to go to therapy to work on their mental health:

So, due to the TONE (and that’s key here), apparently black men went after Ol’ girl on these innanets….then this happened:

What do you think? Is it sensitive black men that got this woman fired, or was it her demeanor in presenting this that cause her downfall?

I mean take away her title and she's the homegirl that you go to when you need advice. Tells you what you NEED to hear, instead of what you want to hear.

I personally got no issue wit her tone. But if the company she was working for felt her tone was unprofessional...then I understand. But fucc it. This is an opportunity to start her own practice, and run it the way she wants.

What she showed is that many women in her position feel compelled to become what she has become, which is a person that should be taken seriously as a source of answers and understanding. What she revealed however is her frustrations with her inability to come up with answers for BM. You can’t say BM need therapy, but then you speak negatively about the bm who do come to your sessions. Again, she doesn’t have the answers, she speaks up about emotional intelligence, but she shows you she doesn’t have any.

We all have issues to a degree, but she has to understand that BM have been castigated and shit on for too long and seen as one dimensional figures since forever. As far as her tone? Look, Kevin samuels has been called many things by many women. They didn’t like his tone and he was just a YouTuber. She’s a licensed professional. So what she did in comparison was worse.

We all have issues to a degree, but she has to understand that BM have been castigated and shit on for too long and seen as one dimensional figures since forever. As far as her tone? Look, Kevin samuels has been called many things by many women. They didn’t like his tone and he was just a YouTuber. She’s a licensed professional. So what she did in comparison was worse.
Ding Ding!

KS couldn't be fired by anyone because he was working for himself. She was contracted by a CORPORATION. She knew the rules, or should've known them. Maybe this will free her up to do YouTube psychology for angry she-mammal raging against dusty he-mammals, but that ain't gonna fly in Corporate America.

She got what she came for - smoke.

Her entire first video was confrontational, ghetto as fuck, and completely unprofessional. The vibe she gives off is that of a woman that loudly berates and chastises her man in public. That whole ass video was her and her own toxicity bleeding all over Tik Tok, I'm genuinely not surprised she got fired over it. She showed zero compassion or understanding for men and why we don't go to therapists, particularly Black female therapists. Our feelings are routinely weaponized against us by women at various points in our lives so by the time we're grown ass men the wall is up and ain't nobody getting through it. To appear to have zero empathy for that says she's a shit-tier counselor and probably a liability. Cut her loose and let her be someone else's problem.

Was waiting for a titty to fall out while watching on mute.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I just peeped the other videos in the thread. I skipped to the "longer" video thinking that was everything but after watching all of the videos??? This broad needed to get fired. She needs to never work in this field ever again. Called women "hoes" within the first 5 seconds, calling men "dusty" in under 15 seconds and every other derogatory name for both men and women through out the rest of the video simply does not help your case, and the fact that she can't be professional for even a moment says whomever it was she was working for is better off without her. She was condescending in the first video posted in the other thread but these??? Sheesh, this bitch is completely full of herself.

She specifically pointed out the article that was written about her that she felt caused her to lose her job.....and it was written by a BLACK WOMAN

So what's all this black men got her fired schtick ?!

Like others said, she should start her own thing ....female Kevin Samuels, I'm sure there's a void in that power vacuum that would do her much satisfaction and gratification

Also I didn't mind her delivery (same for Kevin S for the most part), but it clearly wasn't corporate professional and if you work for a corporation by default you represent them, so again she showed a lot of naivety on her part there

I don’t think a lot of folks really listened to what she had to say on her first video.

she came in hot, but she wasn’t berating black men at all. She was actually defending black men and stating the reasons they should go to therapy is due to how hard it is for black men this day and age.

I think a lot of people just didn’t like how she initially came off and just totally ignored what she was saying after the way she started. She is a professional at that field so she should’ve known to maybe not come in so hot though. LMAO.

I don’t think a lot of folks really listened to what she had to say on her first video.

she came in hot, but she wasn’t berating black men at all. She was actually defending black men and stating the reasons they should go to therapy is due to how hard it is for black men this day and age.

I think a lot of people just didn’t like how she initially came off and just totally ignored what she was saying after the way she started. She is a professional at that field so she should’ve known to maybe not come in so hot though. LMAO.

This is why I said she reminds me of that homegirl you go to advice. B/c that's how she came off. Her title I felt was one of the reasons why folks tuned her out and took offense.

I think folks had a different perception on how a therapist is suppose to "act"

So, about a week ago, a black female therapist, put out a video stating how black men need to go to therapy to work on their mental health:

So, due to the TONE (and that’s key here), apparently black men went after Ol’ girl on these innanets….then this happened:

What do you think? Is it sensitive black men that got this woman fired, or was it her demeanor in presenting this that cause her downfall?

She got cancelled?

That sux imo

Back