What are you currently playing…?

Playing Baldur Gate 3, if the quality keeps up I may replay it again since it has so many possible endings.

I still have a save game from BG 1 (the remake since they didn't let you import saves from the original which I still had on floppy). I'm pretty sure I've been at the last battle for over the greater portion of my life at this point.

Do they let you import your character and choices from BG1 or 2 or is it a fresh start?

I was avoiding the shit out of Forgotten City on PS Plus because the screenshots and videos made that shit look abysmal even for free but I finally caved in and tried it and that shit is a sleeper indie masterpiece.

I can't say too much about it because basically everything is a spoiler but it's definitely worth checking out if you're bored.

• Goat
Reactions: Sony Montana
I still have a save game from BG 1 (the remake since they didn't let you import saves from the original which I still had on floppy). I'm pretty sure I've been at the last battle for over the greater portion of my life at this point.

Do they let you import your character and choices from BG1 or 2 or is it a fresh start?

Nope it’s set 100 years after BG2, some companions from the original 2 show up though

• Goat
Reactions: SneakDZA
Started back playing Gears: tactics

I should be done soon with my review

Playing Baldur Gate 3, if the quality keeps up I may replay it again since it has so many possible endings.
I've liked it. Didn't play BG2 but I played the hell out of BG1

My only complaint is in the launcher. It blocks my nvidia control panel from changing my display mode. I skipped the launcher in steam but it's still somehow blocking it from switching from "optimus" to "nvidia gpu only"

Work around is to just manually switch it but still annoying

Love the turn base style of the game though

Started back playing Gears: tactics

I should be done soon with my review
FINALLY beat this

Review: if you like turn based games, you might like this. It has some things from XCOM that I like but there's very little variety in terms of combat missions, levels, objectives.

It expounds a little on the gears lore but doesn't reinvent the wheel

The boss battle was a super chore to get through.

I give it a 2.5/5

• Haha
I think I'm about to start playing my sim building games

Planet coaster has just been collecting dust and I really like amusement park builders

I wanna get back to playing

Ooblets
Disney Dreamlight Valley or whatever it's called.

Can't believe I forgot about "Dying Light".

Boi, that thang eerie. Still a good game.

I laughed because of the word XCOM and the 2.5/5 score lol

It sounded like you liked it a decent amount and then the score was a twist

Ahh, let me elaborate

First off, XCOM 2 is what I meant but XCOM 2 is easily my favorite game I've ever played as an adult. The mods make it replayable over and over and the War of the chosen expansion is fun as well.

Second, I thought gears tactics was a good game in theory, but no mod support, the roster management was a chore and the AI wasn't really that challenging. No one can die on your team unlike XCOM so there's no real emotional investment into the characters.

I started gears tactics shit, maybe 2021? But when basketball season starts, my gaming takes a steep decline. I was able to pick back up where I left off but I guess I just needed to beat something to feel like I'm not just collecting games. Every act in the campaign felt the same. There is some of this in XCOM but again, the AI is more challenging and the dice rolls are "better" if that makes sense.

Ahh, let me elaborate

First off, XCOM 2 is what I meant but XCOM 2 is easily my favorite game I've ever played as an adult. The mods make it replayable over and over and the War of the chosen expansion is fun as well.

Second, I thought gears tactics was a good game in theory, but no mod support, the roster management was a chore and the AI wasn't really that challenging. No one can die on your team unlike XCOM so there's no real emotional investment into the characters.

I started gears tactics shit, maybe 2021? But when basketball season starts, my gaming takes a steep decline. I was able to pick back up where I left off but I guess I just needed to beat something to feel like I'm not just collecting games. Every act in the campaign felt the same. There is some of this in XCOM but again, the AI is more challenging and the dice rolls are "better" if that makes sense.
Yeah I feel you

The bar is high with XCOM 2 so anything not up to par is going to feel like a disappointment

And I feel beating games just so you can check it off your list

It’s now also funny how gears fell the Fuck off with two bad titles

Reactions: SeaSnake and AP2.5
Yeah I feel you

The bar is high with XCOM 2 so anything not up to par is going to feel like a disappointment

And I feel beating games just so you can check it off your list

It’s now also funny how gears fell the Fuck off with two bad titles
I really appreciate the effort they made but I just wished it had a bit more teeth