Welcome To aBlackWeb

What ABW Needs...

*Clear throat*

Promotion is the key.
Let me shake a few trees.

I have plans to help, just dont have time at the moment

98% of people I know dont use message boards....that's probably another issue. Main social media platforms is what they use.
I think this is kinda a cop out tbh

Not saying it doesn't have any merit but one of the biggest issues we've yet to address is the inability to access the site on mobile

Eyerone hit me up on Twitter the other day talking about this. I think we got to get this issue resolved

If someone on their phone primarily for their social media interactions, having the ability to access this site will make it easier for them to do so.

Shit Idk fam. honestly jus think message boards are just a very old form of social media most just dont feel the need to indulge in anymore. Plus lipstick alley and that black hair spot got a foot on niggas necks for the niche audience of black women members. Pulling them from there is a chore and the first sign of shit they don't like, they out and back to their comfort zone.

I get the idea of inviting women we may know and what not but message boards thrives on a certain anonymity that would be lost if we surround the board wit people we all personally know.

Facebook discussion groups are poppin for that lane now of just adding or recommending people you know to something intresting and that's how the communities get built. I think that's what the maven tried to recreate wit the posting template but it failed miserably.

Last edited:
Shit Idk fam. honestly jus think message boards are just a very old form of social media most just dont feel the need to indulge in anymore. Plus lipstick alley and that black hair spot got a foot on niggas necks for the niche audience of black women members. Pulling them from there is a choir and the first sign of shit they don't like, they out and back to their comfort zone.

I get the idea of inviting women we may know and what not but message boards thrives on a certain anonymity that would be lost if we surround the board wit people we all personally know.

Facebook discussion groups are poppin for that lane now of just adding or recommending people you know to something intresting and that's how the communities get built. I think that's what the maven tried to recreate wit the posting template but it failed miserably.
Good post

Not saying it doesn't have any merit but one of the biggest issues we've yet to address is the inability to access the site on mobile

Eyerone hit me up on Twitter the other day talking about this. I think we got to get this issue resolved

If someone on their phone primarily for their social media interactions, having the ability to access this site will make it easier for them to do so.
I never had an issue and only post from phone but I've heard this before. Why is it an issue for some people to access Mobile site?

Shit Idk fam. honestly jus think message boards are just a very old form of social media most just dont feel the need to indulge in anymore. Plus lipstick alley and that black hair spot got a foot on niggas necks for the niche audience of black women members..

Those points contradict themselves tho. Can't say forums are dead, but then name big ass forums with mad black women. Plus there's other big forums like Reddit out there.

I think it's more about getting those people over here.

1. you need a promo team to get more people signed up.
2. also create a youtube channel and have someone deliver weekly hiphop news kind of like CNET or Complex News youtube channel. The person can talk behind gifs or photo like akademiks used to do. This will generate ad revenue and traffic to the site.
3. Create a forum just for black reality tv and make a thread for each show. This will generate female traffic and probably bring some women from the other female sites over.
4. Members should add an ABW tag to their gifs and memes that they create. You can also do the same and post to your twitter. get viral off of whatever is viral at the moment
5. Get verified on twitter then get your name from that white boy. Twitter will reward it to you, but you gotta request it and go through the protocol.
ablackweb.png

Im always on mobile. I dont have no problems.

I think maybe bevause its not a stand alone app?
But most of myday im in these swiss streets on abw.

1. you need a promo team to get more people signed up.
2. also create a youtube channel and have someone deliver weekly hiphop news kind of like CNET or Complex News youtube channel. The person can talk behind gifs or photo like akademiks used to do. This will generate ad revenue and traffic to the site.
3. Create a forum just for black reality tv and make a thread for each show. This will generate female traffic and probably bring some women from the other female sites over.
4. Members should add an ABW tag to their gifs and memes that they create. You can also do the same and post to your twitter. get viral off of whatever is viral at the moment
5. Get verified on twitter then get your name from that white boy. Twitter will reward it to you, but you gotta request it and go through the protocol.
View attachment 104393

Great post. I'll try to have these done within the next 2 weeks.

I stay telling people about the site just cause they be wanting to know what I'm looking at or whatever. Theres been atleast 2 chicks I tried to get to come through and they said they'd check it out but i dont think they ever did unless they lurked before dipping.

theres probably females signing up just to lurk but seeing that the site is mostly male so they dont post or anything

Apparently the issue is mainly for ATT users

Before Goldie upgraded to the server we're using now, to my knowledge, this wasn't an issue. I used to access it once upon a time.

But I think it's a security certificate issue. Just not sure how to resolve it

And if someone wanted to start a thread about a reality show, they can make a thread. I'm not sure why having an entire forum would be needed just for that. This sounds like the tea thread Blackboard had and that comes with another set of issues to the point that night and up being the only area those females frequent and don't post anywhere else

And depending on your outlook that may be a good or bad thing

If someone wanna try and help me do a podcast, that can at least get the ball rolling

I'll do the heavy lifting, I'll just need someone to be a guest

Back