Welcome To aBlackWeb

Was the Pope wrong for smacking her hand?

The Pope should have shown more patience with someone he knew to be an overzealous believer.

Like for real that doesn't compute with ABW?

We're not struggling to understand anything. Like I said, you're making up rules of decorum out of nowhere. There is no defined level of patience or restraint that a Pope has to show when he's being accosted. He asked her to let him go. He tried to pull away. He smacked her hand to make her let go. That's all that happened. She was unhurt. The matter was over. No one else needed to get involved. It's not that serious. Maybe it doesn't compute for you that some people simply disagree with your opinion.

The Pope should have shown more patience with someone he knew to be an overzealous believer.

Like for real that doesn't compute with ABW?
Maybe he should have been patient I'll give you that but in that moment he wasn't, but I'm not gon knock him for a moment of weakness... I too live in a glass house and daren't cast a stone

We're not struggling to understand anything. Like I said, you're making up rules of decorum out of nowhere. There is no defined level of patience or restraint that a Pope has to show when he's being accosted. He asked her to let him go. He tried to pull away. He smacked her hand to make her let go. That's all that happened. She was unhurt. The matter was over. No one else needed to get involved. It's not that serious. Maybe it doesn't compute for you that some people simply disagree with your opinion.

No one said its that serious. The threads is askin' whether the Pope was wrong and I said yes.

And no I'm not makin' rules of decorum out of anywhere. Like I said in this thread before, if it were you or me or some random it's a non starter.

But, again, I'd expect the Pope to show more patience. He knows what's happenin' and why and there's no way it was the first time and hasn't happened since.

Maybe he should have been patient I'll give you that but in that moment he wasn't, but I'm not gon knock him for a moment of weakness... I too live in a glass house and daren't cast a stone

Yes my friend but neither of us are the Pope and his standard of behaviour should probably be higher than regular guys.

No one said its that serious. The threads is askin' whether the Pope was wrong and I said yes.

And no I'm not makin' rules of decorum out of anywhere. Like I said in this thread before, if it were you or me or some random it's a non starter.

But, again, I'd expect the Pope to show more patience. He knows what's happenin' and why and there's no way it was the first time and hasn't happened since.

Bruh, if you believe the action was not wrong for any other person, but it was wrong for the Pope, then you are by definition making up some kinda rule of decorum for popes. Nothing about his position mandates that he sit there and let someone yank on his arm until another person rushes to free him. He asked the woman to let him go. He tried to pull away. He then resorted to a very mild physical response to free himself. No one was hurt and nothing was gained or lost. So outside of your made up feelings about the amount of patience a pope has to show, where is the wrong here?

Bruh, if you believe the action was not wrong for any other person, but it was wrong for the Pope, then you are by definition making up some kinda rule of decorum for popes. Nothing about his position mandates that he sit there and let someone yank on his arm until another person rushes to free him. He asked the woman to let him go. He tried to pull away. He then resorted to a very mild physical response to free himself. No one was hurt and nothing was gained or lost. So outside of your made up feelings about the amount of patience a pope has to show, where is the wrong here?

So because there's no specific law mandatin' he be understandin' to people who are overexcited in displayin' their beliefs, there's no expectation on how he should behave?

That's not dumb nah?

So because there's no specific law mandatin' he be understandin' to people who are overexcited in displayin' their beliefs, there's no expectation on how he should behave?

That's not dumb nah?

Bruh, you're acting like he punched her in the face half a second after she touched him. He tried to talk to her. He tried to pull away from her. How is that not showing understanding. Even when he did resort to something somewhat rough, it was something that he knew would not hurt her. How was that not being understanding? Again, a normal person might have slapped the shit out of that chick, and they probably would have been in the right. The Pope didn't do that.

Also, I'm not understanding what's so hard for you to get about what I'm saying. No one said that you couldn't have an expectation about how he should behave. I'm saying that what happened was minor. You yourself admit it's not a big deal and would be nothing for anyone other than the Pope. My point is that you're not simply holding an expectation. You're trying to create a standard by which the Pope must behave that isn't really based on anything that defines the office he holds. If he was part of some extreme religious sect where any form of physical violence from the religious leader was wrong, you'd have a point. However, there is nothing at all about being a pope that says this level of physical interaction is wrong or unwarranted. That's something you're making up, and you're trying to act like we're the ones out of touch because we don't agree with your made up standard.

Bruh, you're acting like he punched her in the face half a second after she touched him. He tried to talk to her. He tried to pull away from her. How is that not showing understanding. Even when he did resort to something somewhat rough, it was something that he knew would not hurt her. How was that not being understanding? Again, a normal person might have slapped the shit out of that chick, and they probably would have been in the right. The Pope didn't do that.

Also, I'm not understanding what's so hard for you to get about what I'm saying. No one said that you couldn't have an expectation about how he should behave. I'm saying that what happened was minor. You yourself admit it's not a big deal and would be nothing for anyone other than the Pope. My point is that you're not simply holding an expectation. You're trying to create a standard by which the Pope must behave that isn't really based on anything that defines the office he holds. If he was part of some extreme religious sect where any form of physical violence from the religious leader was wrong, you'd have a point. However, there is nothing at all about being a pope that says this level of physical interaction is wrong or unwarranted. That's something you're making up, and you're trying to act like we're the ones out of touch because we don't agree with your made up standard.

Bruh just don't want to say he was overthinking the whole thing. Let him die on his hill.

Back