Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY wage discrimination and the exploitation of workers in the U.S. labor market thread LATEST: Kellogg Strike

Yeah I don't think it's fair to blanket all black workers in "entry level" positions as expecting too much for higher wages. It's very much a mentality shift that is needed. However I do feel that the awareness and understanding is growing. I grew up hearing stories from my great grandmother and how she lived basically as an indentured slave...shit my mother told me stories about segregation and whites only bathrooms. So while I definitely think yes we should be focusing on entrepreneurship and nation building. The shift is not overnight.

America and every other nation of colonizers wants to keep their caste system in place. Even outside of race...everything is setup in a strategic way for the caste system to work.

Going to school to be indoctrinated by the system takes a back seat to surviving for alot of brothers and sisters.

1200px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs2.svg.png

Nothing wrong with going to work everyday no matter the job. I had to work my way through school too

The point though, is that low-skilled job are not a career. It's not enough to support a family. It doesn't bring financial security. It's not going to give you enough money to save when you get old.

If people want to believe the crap they tell us about min wage jobs, then go ahead. But I'll always tell people that's bullshit, and these jobs are stepping stones, don't let them be your final steps.

But who said niggas wanna retire off low skilled jobs. Niggas are saying if I work I should be able to eat and have a roof over my head and not have to get 3 more jobs

Door Dashers are fuckin stupid. Matter of fact, most of these muhfuckas that work for Door Dash, Uber Eats, Shipt, and Postmates are.

NOBODY in any tipped-based job demands tips up front, only these asshats do. You tip for good service. I've said this before, but I'm not tipping for a long ass wait, cold food, and a fucked up attitude; that's shitty service and you should be either reprimanded or outright fired for such shit service. I get my food quickly, it's hot, and you're pleasant at the door? You get a nice tip for that but only after that service has been rendered.

Door Dashers are fuckin stupid. Matter of fact, most of these muhfuckas that work for Door Dash, Uber Eats, Shipt, and Postmates are.

NOBODY in any tipped-based job demands tips up front, only these asshats do. You tip for good service. I've said this before, but I'm not tipping for a long ass wait, cold food, and a fucked up attitude; that's shitty service and you should be either reprimanded or outright fired for such shit service. I get my food quickly, it's hot, and you're pleasant at the door? You get a nice tip for that but only after that service has been rendered.

shut up oldy moldy

Nowhere did I mention any American Dream fairytales, or guarantees because that's now how life is once you're an adult

But, I'm sick of this bullshit being pushed on us promoting low-skill work by white people. Used to be about excellence, not flipping burgers. I don't care if people catch feelings because they know what I'm saying is true.

Don't work at Burger King and think you're getting a life-sustaining wage, you're not. It's low-level work teenagers used to do. Go get educated, before life passes you by
All jobs need to provide a living wage. This was stated during the New deal. Get out of here.

The hardest working mfs work the lowest paid jobs with little to no benefit. There's no excuse for exploiting the shit out a mf. That's wrong any way u slice it.

Wages falling farther and farther behind inflation while the rich amass a higher percentage of wealth is something u should never defend.

There was a thread here a while back where posters were complaining about the price of bread.

And now the same people are complaining about grocery store wages. You cant make this up.

Fact of the matter is that average wages are increasing...rapidly. Whether the speed of wages are outpacing the cost of goods and services is debatable.

Back