Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY wage discrimination and the exploitation of workers in the U.S. labor market thread LATEST: Kellogg Strike

They're the ones in media pushing lower expectation propaganda on us, that's why I named them. Jewish people push high skills on their kids, and they network with each other in a smart way. There's a mass push away from black excellence, instead to this current low expectation bullshit.

This convo would be 180 different if it happened on the old IC G&S
I don't see how you're equating black kids as the sole employees of fastfood spots or how you're stating that black kids expectations are low

I don't see how you're equating black kids as the sole employees of fastfood spots or how you're stating that black kids expectations are low
Out here in LA is largely Latinos. But I really only care about black workers in this equation. Being in business for so long, I see how people move and the things being pushed on us through the media. Wasn't like this when I came up in the 90s. I hate seeing people co-sign this shit

Basically I follow the way of Marcus Garvey as opposed to Bernie Sanders. I donate to places I know are helping to educate kids coming up. I network with other black business out here, and I'm always going to push high expectations and hard work, over this new low expectation everyone gets a living wage fairytale.

Skilled work moved to digital in droves. I don't consider fast food workers as essential, hell that shit is garbage for our communities anyway. Grocery workers did well during the pandemic, as they should

Define "did well during the pandemic"

Also.. you do realize there are cashiers in grocery stores.. just like in fast food places
There are cooks in grocery stores... just like fast food places...
There are people responsible for making sure that the shelves/stock is supplied.. just like in fast food places..

Same skillsets.. but you claim one is essential and the other is not?

Theyre also putting their health and safety on the line as well so your ass can order some shit online.. and pay ANOTHER "low skill" job some money to bring it to you. They should be paid more.

Out here in LA is largely Latinos. But I really only care about black workers in this equation. Being in business for so long, I see how people move and the things being pushed on us through the media. Wasn't like this when I came up in the 90s. I hate seeing people co-sign this shit

Basically I follow the way of Marcus Garvey as opposed to Bernie Sanders. I donate to places I know are helping to educate kids coming up. I network with other black business out here, and I'm always going to push high expectations and hard work, over this new low expectation everyone gets a living wage fairytale.
I commend you on all of that and I do similar things as well BUT do you not think a living wage would change the issues in lower income communities. A living wage gives families access to more income which brings in more resources for the family as a whole. I would never tell a child to dream to be a burger flipper but I would tell them to get off the streets/gangs get you a job at fastfood spot get you some legal money then get back in school to educate yourself.

I get what you're saying tho but your delivery was off IMO

oh great so dos patos on steroids

My man really said go back to school like that robbery called college is cheap. A lot of people in college who don't come from a certain bracket including myself had to use these "with low wages asking paper or plastic"just to survive and pay for school in the first place. The fucking audacity I'm getting heated. All them years my Mom had to go through to get her masters just to become a teacher and barely got shit now that she's retired after over 15 years fuck outta here.

My man really said go back to school like that robbery called college is cheap. A lot of people in college who don't come from a certain bracket including myself had to use these "with low wages asking paper or plastic"just to survive and pay for school in the first place. The fucking audacity I'm getting heated. All them years my Mom had to go through to get her masters just to become a teacher and barely got shit now that she's retired after over 15 years fuck outta here.

real shit! like people are trying their best and a lot of folks did everything “right” and still struggling

Nothing wrong with going to work everyday no matter the job. I had to work my way through school too

The point though, is that low-skilled job are not a career. It's not enough to support a family. It doesn't bring financial security. It's not going to give you enough money to save when you get old.

If people want to believe the crap they tell us about min wage jobs, then go ahead. But I'll always tell people that's bullshit, and these jobs are stepping stones, don't let them be your final steps.

Back