Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Scott Storch vs Mannie Fresh

Story behind Still DRE

Dre in the kitchen making a sammich , Storch is fucking around on the keyboard/piano
Storch plays the still DRE melody DRE hears it from the kitchen drops his sammich , they immediately go into the home studio and DRE programs the drums ....

u mean to tell Storch can’t claim that beat?

Dre/Storch used that same melody atleast 3 times and they ALL hit.

Yall gotta stop with this sole producing vs co production crap

At the end of the day, the songs Scott played wouldnt have been what they was without Scott input. A lot his work was ya top producers reaching out to him for input. Or some keys. Or some melodies

Producing aint writing yo

Niggas “we wanna see Kanye, Pharrell, Juicy J!”

Same niggas “co production shouldn’t count“

:imsayin:

Last edited:
Bro

You type this and in the same thread shit on the Gawd Quincy Jones?

If you haven't watched his documentary on Netflix please do
.. to educate yourself further

I watched it lol

Remove MJ, name me the classics QJ produced? I'll wait.:popcorn:

I watched it lol

Remove MJ, name me the classics QJ produced? I'll wait.:popcorn:

Producing three of Mike's most popular albums was probably his most successful efforts as a music producer... but his influence alone... your favourite rapper has probably sampled a Q song

If you're talking a 'classic' ... We Are The World is timeless and epic

Bro this ain't the thread man ...

This convo getting a lil to semantic

There is a difference between adding a rift or bass line on a song and getting a production credit vs say chad and Pharrell BOTH equally producing a song and getting co production credits

But I said what I had to say and like I said already, last night didn't change my opinion of fresh one bit

Secret Garden>>>>>>>>>every song In this thread
lmaoooooooooo that shit wouldn't even make a top 200 rnb list. And that's ONE song.

We can remove ANY artist from Babyface, JJTL, JD, etc and still have tons of classics. Where are these classics from QJ? He's the "gawd" right?

Producing three of Mike's most popular albums was probably his most successful efforts as a music producer... but his influence alone... your favourite rapper has probably sampled a Q song

If you're talking a 'classic' ... We Are The World is timeless and epic

Bro this ain't the thread man ...

Bet. I'll make a separate thread.

There is a difference between adding a rift or bass line on a song and getting a production credit vs say chad and Pharrell BOTH equally producing a song and getting co production credits

You don’t know who did exactly what though. Not everything is equally produced

Pretty sure there are Neptunes smashes where Chad cooked up 90 % and Pharrell just comes and layer the snares differently. Or vice versa Pharrell makes a beat and Chad comes in changes the synth a bit, EQ’s it a lil different then boom.

@Goldie

You know the beauty of Hiphop music? It kinda makes you a crate digger of sorts

Watching that documentary I was astonished by the number of folk Q worked for and produced including the songs... songs I'd heard randomly but never knew who produced...maybe because I'm an ardent jazz fan

This nigga produced for other music producers like Barry White, George Benson and Miles Davis... and that's off the top

Nah b

@Goldie

You know the beauty of Hiphop music? It kinda makes you a crate digger of sorts

Watching that documentary I was astonished by the number of folk Q worked for and produced including the songs... songs I'd heard randomly but never knew who produced...maybe because I'm an ardent jazz fan

This nigga produced for other music producers like Barry White, George Benson and Miles Davis... and that's off the top

Nah b

Story behind Still DRE

Dre in the kitchen making a sammich , Storch is fucking around on the keyboard/piano
Storch plays the still DRE melody DRE hears it from the kitchen drops his sammich , they immediately go into the home studio and DRE programs the drums ....

u mean to tell Storch can’t claim that beat?

He can claim it sure but its def Dre's. If Dre wasn't there, its no tellin' if the riff is the same or if Scott wudda kept it at all.

Back