Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Scott Storch vs Mannie Fresh

Nigga been doing them type of skits since 94, clowning niggas, watch this, I bet Niggas never heard of Ziggly Wiggly? yea Fresh clowned the man, shit wasn't cool but fuk it, he did it

Fresh been a jokester, funny man since 92, but yesterday niggas just found out producers did skits.

Lol @ in 2020, when it was the hottest song when Juvie took the same beat and put his own version to it.

Man we can't have serious talk when niggas wasn't listening to music before 2003

The problem with this battle was that Fresh is an actual DJ turned producer but is still into his DJ craft. When Fresh plays a lot of those songs in his sets across the country, they yield a certain type of response which is usually overwhelmingly positive and that's how DJs get a vibe for what to play next in their sets

Storch is a musician turned producer which isn't a knock on him but that's why a lot of his songs were heavy RnB laced.

The fact that Fresh doesn't have a ton of songs where he's gotten a credit as a co producer speaks volumes to his talent that he and his production team early on were able to carry cash money pre Universal. I never found out what happened to a lot of those dudes he used to always shout out on those early albums, but either way, at some point, while he was ALWAYS the lead producer, composer, etc, he became the sole person tasked with keeping CMR afloat after the Universal deal and right up until maybe Carter 2 and an album or two after that

I have no problem admitting storch got the best of him in this battle due to the songs that he played, whether they were Co produced or not (that's another discussion), but what I have issue with are peanut gallery dweeb ass niggas trying to act like Fresh some one trick pony and the competition wasn't even close.

If you don't like the nigga, just say that and that will save a lot of back and forth

Like I said, rules should've been established but you probably gonna end up alienating a lot of producers him these battles

Not to me. All them dudes have enough beats they made by themselves to drop.

Thats why I didnt want to hear lyrics. Because you can like a song more because of the person on it.

I'll say this about the skits. I don't know how Mannie and Scott might joke with each other about Scott past issues with being on coke but I don't think it was cool to do in public.

I got a homie who I clown the shit out of for smoking water but when we around outsiders I don't clown him for that shit cause even if they know he smoke water I don't feel right saying that shit around them.

Even if its known everything ain't to be joked about with family and friends in the public.

Not to me. All them dudes have enough beats they made by themselves to drop.

Thats why I didnt want to hear lyrics. Because you can like a song more because of the person on it.
But do they have almost 20 years of beats they've done themselves with no outside help

Hell do they have 20 they could use in a battle

Probably not

Back