Welcome To aBlackWeb

VERZUZ: Omarion vs Mario

Who you got?

• Omarion

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I get that but what do you want versuz to be about?

during the pandemic it was about the catalogue... once they switched to live performance shows I think it was a mix of the two. Theres a big difference from playing your tracks and talkin shit.. to having to perform it and put on a show.

me personally it's about performance overall. You can have a better catalogue but if it turns out to be studio magic and you sound like shit live ima feel different about that artist. Wont change how good the studio shit is.. but there will be an asterisk next to it for me

during the pandemic it was about the catalogue... once they switched to live performance shows I think it was a mix of the two. Theres a big difference from playing your tracks and talkin shit.. to having to perform it and put on a show.

me personally it's about performance overall. You can have a better catalogue but if it turns out to be studio magic and you sound like shit live ima feel different about that artist. Wont change how good the studio shit is.. but there will be an asterisk next to it for me

If artist get paid the most from touring. IMO they doing themselves a big ass disservice by not putting on a good to great performance on verzuz. Folks ready to go out and have fun. Put on a great verzuz performance folks would probably buy tickets to their shows when they come to town. Which would mean more money for the artist.

Word.

Sucks that In a hypothetical scenario the clearly better catalog could lose to an inferior one because of things such as the sound quality being worse, the performer not being as healthy or not having the breath control anymore

false victory with no way to rematch either

but that’s what versuz opened itself up to when they turned this into big stage concerts

not referring to this battle at all btw

I was just asking

Word.

Sucks that In a hypothetical scenario the clearly better catalog could lose to an inferior one because of things such as the sound quality being worse, the performer not being as healthy or not having the breath control anymore

false victory with no way to rematch either

but that’s what versuz opened itself up to when they turned this into big stage concerts

not referring to this battle at all btw

I was just asking
I mean, it wasnt really meant to be competitive. The artist made it that way. Like the jill scott vs badu. They were showing love to each other so the vibe was dope and different

Also, being an artist is about your recordings and performance. If you are a singer and i go to your concert but I find out you really cant sing live, you lose credibility with me. If you a rapper and you dont know half your lyrics and just walking around the stage, probably be the last time I see you live. It is insulting that they can charge you mad money at the concert but show up half assed. That is why out of the dozens of rappers I enjoy listening to, only few a would go and actually see.

I mean, it wasnt really meant to be competitive. The artist made it that way. Like the jill scott vs badu. They were showing love to each other so the vibe was dope and different

Also, being an artist is about your recordings and performance. If you are a singer and i go to your concert but I find out you really cant sing live, you lose credibility with me. If you a rapper and you dont know half your lyrics and just walking around the stage, probably be the last time I see you live. It is insulting that they can charge you mad money at the concert but show up half assed. That is why out of the dozens of rappers I enjoy listening to, only few a would go and actually see.
An event named versuz wasn’t meant to be competitive? lol no the artists made it so it’s not competitive

also I don’t look at versuz as concerts so I guess that’s the disconnect

If artist get paid the most from touring. IMO they doing themselves a big ass disservice by not putting on a good to great performance on verzuz. Folks ready to go out and have fun. Put on a great verzuz performance folks would probably buy tickets to their shows when they come to town. Which would mean more money for the artist.

Bruh The Lox been on tour since like the week after their Verzuz last summer. A great performance can definitely get you on the right track for a nice tour run

Bruh The Lox been on tour since like the week after their Verzuz last summer. A great performance can definitely get you on the right track for a nice tour run

Even if the artists too dumb to see the play. Their managers or management should see the play. That is part of the managers job isn't it?

The Lox were who I was mainly thinking about but it's a few others who took advantage of that platform as well. They did it to introduce themselves to a whole new audience. Smart and more importantly it should be easy for them to accomplish.

Facts

Joe was not cappin’ when he said “price went up”
Da Lox been getting that💰💰

Dipset couldn’t capitalize not only because of their shitty weak performance but can’t stand each other. And it showed. Which is why that joint tour never happened

Back