Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vegan, Vegetarian, or Pescatarian?

Vegetarian since 09. My go-to brand for meatless protein is Quorn, as it's always soy free. It's made from Mycoprotein (mushroom based), has a good texture and absorbs flavor really well.

Attachments

• IMG_20171221_185716872.jpg
    IMG_20171221_185716872.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
This is interesting, as someone who is not a fan of mushrooms, again after tasting it literally years ago. I've never gave it another try however, I may be open to trying.

My daughter will try new foods like no tomorrow so even vegetables I dislike she loves.

Yes I'm in New York.
Haven't really gotten use to traveling with my little one here yet lol, it's new for us both but currently looking for some stores in the Queens area. Thankfully the little grocery store over here has Earth Balance butter, thankfully.
Trader Joe's and Wholefoods ... y'all still got Pathmark

This is interesting, as someone who is not a fan of mushrooms, again after tasting it literally years ago. I've never gave it another try however, I may be open to trying.

My daughter will try new foods like no tomorrow so even vegetables I dislike she loves.

I hear ya about the bolded. On it's own it's kinda bland so you have to season it up a bit.

Also, note that I'm white so all commentary on seasoning needs to be taken with a grain of salt (#bars)

Trader Joe's and Wholefoods ... y'all still got Pathmark

I know about Trader Joes already, that's actually closer than any Whole Foods I've seen.

I forgot all abouth Pathmark, I'm use to Walmart and Krogers down south LOL! Krogers had a GREAT selection.

I also personally eat vegan vitamins to help me regain some nutrients that I may be losing due to my lack of meat (pause) IMG_6642.JPG

We shouldn't consume dairy ! Not good for us!

I actually finally found a great alternative milk I love. Almond cashew milk! I hate Almond milk but the two together is perfection for me.

Last edited:
I actually finally found a great alternative milk I love. Almond cashew milk! I hate Almond milk but the two together is perfection for me.
I do the almond milk with honey or unsweetened. Never with vanilla

Back