True but there was def some hints in the trailer...the white rabbits (Alice in Wonderland, the matrix), kid wearing a jaws shirt at the beach, the way the scissors look...it might not be as deep as get out, but I don't think Peele is capable of making just mindless entertainment. Doesn't seem like the way he wants to use his platform.

True... I'm just trying to manage my own expectations. I don't want to pigeon-hole dudes creativity and expect EVERY piece of work he puts out to have some suuuper deep/hidden meaning.

While I appreciate that.. I don't want him to end up like M Knight Shamalan where every movie he produces, writes or directs folks expect some sort of wild twist.. that has to stifle you creatively if the fans or the studios expect you to keep with the same formula for EVERY film.

Peele said he was trying to create a universe of related stories

So he's trying to be like Stephen King? 'Cause King's flicks and books are supposedly set in the same universe.

Can’t wait to see this movie, trailer got me hyped. Ready for the many layers I’m gonna have to unpeel in this just like Get Out. Even if it’s not like that it looks dope to me.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see this movie, trailer got me hyped. Ready for the many layers I’m gonna have to unpeal in this just like Get Out. Even if it’s not like that it looks dope to me.

MeekSerpentineFallowdeer-small.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bootcheese3000
After analyzing the feedback from this, I see one of the main criticisms stems from how Peele decided to choose foreign-born blacks to portray the roles of the main protagonist instead of African Americans. Smh. I swear its damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to Us (no pun intended). Trailer looks dope af. Def. getting my coins on the first days

I guess the idea behind this movie is spot on then....

That...has got to be one of the DUMBEST shyt I've read. So they going wit the Samuel L Jackson logic huh?

If that's the complaints you've been seeing...then maybe Peele ain't too far off wit this. Like you said...damned if you do...damned if you don't. Muthafuccas wanna complain just to complain

I dont think its real

After analyzing the feedback from this, I see one of the main criticisms stems from how Peele decided to choose foreign-born blacks to portray the roles of the main protagonist instead of African Americans. Smh. I swear its damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to Us (no pun intended). Trailer looks dope af. Def. getting my coins on the first days

Everyone is fucking offended about something these days and has something to complain about. It's like a competition.

You'd think seeing more black people in prominent film roles would satisfy people, and as much as Americans don't like to think anything matters beyond the US let's not pretend that black people outside the US don't also have their own struggles as well. Samuel L Jackson's argument was bullshit and anyone championing it is speaking out their arse as well.

damn, they not related?

In an interview, Jordan stated he has about 5 or so movies planned out with the characters being in the same universe.