Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yeah label owns that song/album. Big reason why yukmouth got with rap a lot for his solo deal and stayed indie. Never topped his Luniz success but hes done really well for himself.

Found what I was looking for: @Busta Carmichael and I had this exchange about Luniz on the old site:

Busta Carmichael said:
Met Yukmouth back in 2010, he told me that they dont get royalties for I got 5 on it or the first album.

Only show money. They didn't get a penny for the record sales either.

He was 17-16 when he signed the contract and didn't read it. One of the first ones to get jerked by the industry.

konceptjones said:
also worth mentioning that if they didn't recoup the money the label sank into the project then it makes sense that they didn't see a dime for it. The prolly signed over their publishing rights for the record too.

Busta Carmichael said:
The contract literally stated that they will only get paid for shows. And they will only get like 20 percent or something.

They never read it until the album dropped smh.

Yuk could've been caking on that song his entire life like some one hit wonders do.

giveup.gif

After analyzing the feedback from this, I see one of the main criticisms stems from how Peele decided to choose foreign-born blacks to portray the roles of the main protagonist instead of African Americans. Smh. I swear its damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to Us (no pun intended). Trailer looks dope af. Def. getting my coins on the first days

After analyzing the feedback from this, I see one of the main criticisms stems from how Peele decided to choose foreign-born blacks to portray the roles of the main protagonist instead of African Americans. Smh. I swear its damned if you do and damned if you don't when it comes to Us (no pun intended). Trailer looks dope af. Def. getting my coins on the first days

That...has got to be one of the DUMBEST shyt I've read. So they going wit the Samuel L Jackson logic huh?

If that's the complaints you've been seeing...then maybe Peele ain't too far off wit this. Like you said...damned if you do...damned if you don't. Muthafuccas wanna complain just to complain

That's to be expected after Get Out...every movie Peele does going forward will have niggas OD tryna over think simple shit. Gon be sitting in the theater like

Cavpu0MVAAAK9ZU.jpg:large

But that's not really a bad thin...ok well if they go overboard wit it then yeah.

But overall...I enjoyed the way "Get Out" sparked that kind of conversation, and folks giving different perspectives.

Also one of the best things about horror cinema is that there is always a level of social commentary and political deconstruction. I don't watch this guy's movies cause I don't like him nor am I interested in them but its one of the truest things he's doing to rep the genre.

My gawd man. They not have a manager...lawyer...they mama...any sensible adults wit them to look over their contract???
Nah man, he told us they were basically neglected kids who saw an opportunity to change their lives. They had no idea how the industry or lawyers worked.

They found out the hard way

I feel has become an undeniable truth - that is the simple fact that we are our own worst enemies.

This what I meant by "Unless" In regards to the route he was taking , But a blanket statement over ALL blacks

giphy.gif

I thought this movie wasnt about race

How about we...iono... actually SEE the film first before claiming how "deep" it is or go shitting on the overall message that the movie MIGHT be trying to convey.

I'm not going into this film with any expectations.. Just because Get Out had layers, deeper meaning and all that.. doesnt mean this film will do the same.

How about we...iono... actually SEE the film first before claiming how "deep" it is or go shitting on the overall message that the movie MIGHT be trying to convey.

I'm not going into this film with any expectations.. Just because Get Out had layers, deeper meaning and all that.. doesnt mean this film will do the same.
True but there was def some hints in the trailer...the white rabbits (Alice in Wonderland, the matrix), kid wearing a jaws shirt at the beach, the way the scissors look...it might not be as deep as get out, but I don't think Peele is capable of making just mindless entertainment. Doesn't seem like the way he wants to use his platform.

Back