Welcome To aBlackWeb

United States of Amazon: exposing horrible business practices & more

I lived in LA making 15 and couldn’t get a spot by myself and that’s with no car note no extra shit. Shit was rough and had to live with 2 cousins. We had fun though lol

West coast is crazy high priced, especially California. I love the bay area and stayed outside San Francisco for about 3 months and as much as I love it out there, it's no way a regular person can live in that city or the outer spots without roommates or a seriously high paying job.

Shit, I lived on a small island in southeast Alaska for 5 years and a damn dozen of eggs is like $4!! LMAO

All these companies moving to the Dallas and I hope they better up their pay rate because they low key making the cost of living go higher especially in the North Dallas area and cites close by.
We getting 2 Amazon warehouses here in Little Rock. One is about 1 mile or 2 from my house. My insurance agent told me my area is hot right not because of it.....I've considered selling and moving back to the neighborhood I grew up in. Whats funny is the other warehouse is a mile from the neighborhood i grew up in, all black neighborhood.

My cousins in Cali would love $25-$30/hr. You think no matter the job that should be the hourly wage...I can't see that.

To me the bigger issue is inflation and commodity cost. I guess you can credit it to greed but some of the shit we "need" to live shouldn't cost what it cost. My Aunts house in Cali was valued at $500,000....it's 2br 1bath no garage maybe 1100sf. No way in hell her house worth almost triple my new house with 3br 2bath 1350 sf and a 2 car garage. Half my family in Cali cant afford to live there but refuse to move.

California cost of living is crazy! Lol.

That's why a bunch of them are moving to Texas and Florida.

My cousins in Cali would love $25-$30/hr. You think no matter the job that should be the hourly wage...I can't see that.

To me the bigger issue is inflation and commodity cost. I guess you can credit it to greed but some of the shit we "need" to live shouldn't cost what it cost. My Aunts house in Cali was valued at $500,000....it's 2br 1bath no garage maybe 1100sf. No way in hell her house worth almost triple my new house with 3br 2bath 1350 sf and a 2 car garage. Half my family in Cali cant afford to live there but refuse to move.

and they shouldnt have to. whats not clicking?

That shit def need to be checked. Some shit is just high for no reason. A lot of these big companies selling the same shit they was 25 years ago and the cost is higher for no reason. Shits disgusting.

Something as simple as a 20 ounce Sprite was 99cents when I was in elementary school and now that same sprite is over 2 dollars. Like what the fuck.

Same with gas. They ain’t losing profits from 25 years ago but they went up.

ridiculous

All these companies moving to the Dallas and I hope they better up their pay rate because they low key making the cost of living go higher especially in the North Dallas area and cites close by.

Austin is getting a lot more of the tech companies also. I mean they have a bunch of companies now like Dell and Apple but Tesla is coming here and a surrounding city called Round Rock

@racejones

I'm confused. Why the thumbs down? Are you against unions and higher wages? Sounds like you're misinterpreting my post.

and to be honest if the economy relies on the minimum wage to be unlivable then it needs to be destroyed. it deserves to be dismantled. again, whats not clicking???

the minimum wage should have been tied to inflation from jump. i mean ssi is inflation adjusted, no reason to not just make minimum wage too and we won't have to deal with this bullshit.

instead yall nig nogs talking about folks moving out of their homes into cheaper areas which isnt feasible for a lot of ppl.

not to mention, THEY SHOULDNT FUCKING HAVE TO.

Last edited:
She just mad. Theres not always rhyme or reason. You just got to learn to love it, cuss her out or move around.

idky youre in here with these corny ass jokes and retorts. i already destoryed your weak ass in another thread. dont make me do it again.

and oh, im not mad. no weirdo in canada or anywhere else for that matter can make me “mad”

or call for them to be “banned”

:tuh:

How much of the work done at Amazon is part time? $18 for full time is relatively decent for the type of work it is, not so much for part time work.

When I was working part time at UPS loading trucks i was averaging 3.5 hrs per day at $14 government set minimum wage. It was peanuts, so I left for a full time. UPS' union set out terms that saw some part time workers' pay rates rise to around $24 after 4 years (was formerly 2).

These multibillion dollar companies are fully capable of paying out higher wages. Examples like UPS no doubt embolden workers at non unionized companies to fight for their own wages, benefits and protections.

You wouldn't trust a company to self regulate safety or pollution standards (hence why third parties like government step in), u can't trust a company to fight for their workers either.

I apologize. I was too busy thumbing down @WilberDMillz and accidently thumbed your post down.

I agree with what you said. great post

idky youre in here with these corny ass jokes and retorts. i already destoryed your weak ass in another thread. dont make me do it again.

and oh, im not mad. no weirdo in canada or anywhere else for that matter can make me “mad”

or call for them to be “banned”

:tuh:

Like I said.

Back