Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Undisputed 🥊

Added to Calendar: 10-11-24

basically what you need to understand is the devs know the game isn’t finished and they gonna use feedback to improve things in the future after making dummies pay $80 on a game you can’t spar or train in

Game is pretty much still early access

Random UK game studio with a huge fleece preying on a casual gaming community because they haven’t had a game in over a decade so it’s easy to take advantage of them

This is better than if the game didn’t come out 😂😂

I remember I think in May when the game was announced for October I knew that was too soon for this to come out but I guess I was just being a hater 🙃

Early thoughts having only played career mode on Pro difficulty

- the camera swings too much when thr CPU pivots. It definitely throws you off and even worse, when there are trainers or cutman on the apron, the camera will move behind them so you can't see the action. The way the camera swings can damn near give you motion sickness. The camera moves shouldn't be ao dramatic as it can really throw you off

- I like the fact that when you and the CPU punch together, the punches can br deflected. That is realistic. What isn't realistic is that when it happens the CPU often seems to be able to react to that quicker than you and throw combos faster as well.

- hit detection is sometimes sketchy. You can be in range and your punch falls short, yet the CPU will land a combo. Also moving away from your opponent and they land a shot that clearly shouldn't land but of course it registers foe rhe CPU

- the lack of commentators and crowd noise during the fight. I understand that would have driven costs up paying commentators and booking recording sessions and also bloated the size of the game, but this is a sports video game. It should feel immersive. No commentators or crowd noise doesn't replicate what the sport is in real life. Especially considering this is supposed to be a sim

- lack of training games. I feel this is a bit lazt tbh. Training mini games were always fun in fight night , so not being able to hit the heavy or speed bag is a bit disappointing.

- if you have cause a bad cut or caused serious swelling to the CPU the ref will pause the fight to check on him and ask if he wants to continue to which the answer is always yes the first time. This can be very annoying when you're in the middle of an attack doing damage and all of a sudden this sequence happens.

- the stupid mini game to get up after a KD is frustrating as hell. They should have made it so you havw to use the analog sticks rather than the triggers to align the bars. I lost a fight i was winning on the cards from a flash KD in the last round and intuitively tried to line the bars up using the analog sticks. By the time I remembered it was the triggers you have to use, I got counted out. Bullshit.

- feels like there is a lack of variety in KD animations, although maybe I haven't come across them because my character is an out boxer and is lacking in power

Overall it has been fun so far and the gameplay is solid, but the overall presentation is lacking the polish that Fight Night had. Hopefully they can improve some of these issues with patches.

Early thoughts having only played career mode on Pro difficulty

- the camera swings too much when thr CPU pivots. It definitely throws you off and even worse, when there are trainers or cutman on the apron, the camera will move behind them so you can't see the action. The way the camera swings can damn near give you motion sickness. The camera moves shouldn't be ao dramatic as it can really throw you off

- I like the fact that when you and the CPU punch together, the punches can br deflected. That is realistic. What isn't realistic is that when it happens the CPU often seems to be able to react to that quicker than you and throw combos faster as well.

- hit detection is sometimes sketchy. You can be in range and your punch falls short, yet the CPU will land a combo. Also moving away from your opponent and they land a shot that clearly shouldn't land but of course it registers foe rhe CPU

- the lack of commentators and crowd noise during the fight. I understand that would have driven costs up paying commentators and booking recording sessions and also bloated the size of the game, but this is a sports video game. It should feel immersive. No commentators or crowd noise doesn't replicate what the sport is in real life. Especially considering this is supposed to be a sim

- lack of training games. I feel this is a bit lazt tbh. Training mini games were always fun in fight night , so not being able to hit the heavy or speed bag is a bit disappointing.

- if you have cause a bad cut or caused serious swelling to the CPU the ref will pause the fight to check on him and ask if he wants to continue to which the answer is always yes the first time. This can be very annoying when you're in the middle of an attack doing damage and all of a sudden this sequence happens.

- the stupid mini game to get up after a KD is frustrating as hell. They should have made it so you havw to use the analog sticks rather than the triggers to align the bars. I lost a fight i was winning on the cards from a flash KD in the last round and intuitively tried to line the bars up using the analog sticks. By the time I remembered it was the triggers you have to use, I got counted out. Bullshit.

- feels like there is a lack of variety in KD animations, although maybe I haven't come across them because my character is an out boxer and is lacking in power

Overall it has been fun so far and the gameplay is solid, but the overall presentation is lacking the polish that Fight Night had. Hopefully they can improve some of these issues with patches.
Fair points

For me, early on the career is a grind. You ain't fighting glass Joe every fight. They are faster than you and I assume that's a design choice. I just ended up winning a lot of fights by decision cause I didn't have enough power stats.

The endgame for the career needs a lot of work. I've been the champion for a while with no other contenders outside of the same 3 fighters. You mean to tell me no one else has moved up in ranking?

I also would've liked training mini games. Hopefully this is something that can be added

I didn't have any issues with the triggers mini game to get up.

Commentary definitely needs some new lines

And I think there's a glitch causing the commentary to call fighters a different name compared to what their name actually is. I thought I was tripping.

Would also be nice to have different officials as you move up.

basically what you need to understand is the devs know the game isn’t finished and they gonna use feedback to improve things in the future after making dummies pay $80 on a game you can’t spar or train in

Game is pretty much still early access

Random UK game studio with a huge fleece preying on a casual gaming community because they haven’t had a game in over a decade so it’s easy to take advantage of them

This is better than if the game didn’t come out 😂😂

I remember I think in May when the game was announced for October I knew that was too soon for this to come out but I guess I was just being a hater 🙃
I kinda agree with you but no one has to pay $80 for this game. I don't understand why you keep harping on this when this is common practice lol

But again, I'm in the belief that you can want to have all these things but at some point, you need to start to turn a profit and you have to pick what you can ship with vs what you can add later

I kinda agree with you but no one has to pay $80 for this game. I don't understand why you keep harping on this when this is common practice lol

But again, I'm in the belief that you can want to have all these things but at some point, you need to start to turn a profit and you have to pick what you can ship with vs what you can add later
I’m just speaking to the audacity to charge a $80 version (which alot of people bought)

You sound like a shill bro. You don’t make a game early access for over a year and then release with a game that doesn’t have basic things usually offered in the genre with major gameplay elements that need to be fixed upon release

you don’t say you can preorder months before the game comes out to get bonuses when you know the game isn’t in a finished state

I’m just speaking to the audacity to charge a $80 version (which alot of people bought)

You sound like a shill bro. You don’t make a game early access for over a year and then release with a game that doesn’t have basic things usually offered in the genre with major gameplay elements that need to be fixed upon release

you don’t say you can preorder months before the game comes out to get bonuses when you know the game isn’t in a finished state
Brotha lol

Some of my favorite games had been in early access for 3+ years and when they finally went to release 1.0, they still had a ton of shit they needed to improve

I'm not a shill at all. I'm trying to understand your gripe about a game you admit you have no desire to play

I'm not a shill at all. I'm trying to understand your gripe about a game you admit you have no desire to play

Why does this matter? Lol

Season 0 is used to do this kinda stuff
iight man lol

So only talk about games you have a desire to play is the motto lmao

I do have a desire to play this

Not now though

But if you gonna respond like this it’s okay bro there’s no reason to have discussions about business practices and decision making of devs and why it’s poor

Let’s just post tweets about games coming out

Oh nah nigga... That deflection card not gonna work on me

I have acknowledged you've made some valid points but it's gone beyond that at this point lol

I'm trying to see is this your feelings in general or just for this game because the things you have said are and have been common practice for a while especially for small indie studios

You keep talking to me like I'm trying to trap you into a gotcha when I'm just as interested and engaged in this game

And yes as a personal preference, I don't care to engage in games I have no interest in playing

Oh nah nigga... That deflection card not gonna work on me

I have acknowledged you've made some valid points but it's gone beyond that at this point lol

I'm trying to see is this your feelings in general or just for this game because the things you have said are and have been common practice for a while especially for small indie studios

You keep talking to me like I'm trying to trap you into a gotcha when I'm just as interested and engaged in this game

And yes as a personal preference, I don't care to engage in games I have no interest in playing
My feelings are for this game because this particular situation only applies to this game

There’s no gotcha you can catch me in because this isn’t an argument that would even come up in.

This is a case of you shooting bail when there shouldn’t be any

Lastly, I have the passion for this that you lack which is why you can’t understand

Whole lot of dead threads if I adopted the AP approach

Back