Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Scarface (1983) Al Pacino

Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nigga said 'What about the incest!'

I said it in Belly, I'll say it in here, a LOT of you niggas aint got the credentials to speak on a movie like this. And that's completely OK.

I swear, its ok
another deflection lol

so far, Infamous and goldie have been the only ones that have tried to explain why they like the film. Everybody else just clicking properly rated and trying their best to not have their posts picked apart

so i'll ask you directly...how is it that you can look at the kingpin shit but gloss over the inferred incest shit like it wasnt also a subplot to the film?

i like Paid in full and Pulp fiction as possibilities

Yeah the Incest claim is so left field. Have watched this movie so many times and never thought about that. Thats that DEEP south mindset i guess.
deep south?

wut??

there are literally hundreds if not thousands of convos about this that you can find with just one google search

are all of them from the deep south? no. Ya'll are glossing over it and trying to reduce it to him being on a coke binge and acting irrational.

Reactions: Mister
I like the movie and noticed that blatant shit lol. Yall didn't see her throwing herself at him when she was all coked up and trying to shoot him before she got shot the fuck up

Reactions: Mister and AP2.5
deep south?

wut??

there are literally hundreds if not thousands of convos about this that you can find with just one google search

are all of them from the deep south? no. Ya'll are glossing over it and trying to reduce it to him being on a coke binge and acting irrational.
But they are at the root of the convo

deep south?

wut??

I was joking man, goes back to our Baton Rouge vs Little Rock comparison a while ago lol.

I still never seen that argument before, don't care to either cause I just don't see it.

• Haha
Reactions: AP2.5
I was joking man, goes back to our Baton Rouge vs Little Rock comparison a while ago lol.

I still never seen that argument before, don't care to either cause I just don't see it.
ahhh...you motherfucka LMAO

the BR/LR battle lives on

i'ma remember this nigga

• Haha
Reactions: WilberDMillz
another deflection lol

so far, Infamous and goldie have been the only ones that have tried to explain why they like the film. Everybody else just clicking properly rated and trying their best to not have their posts picked apart

so i'll ask you directly...how is it that you can look at the kingpin shit but gloss over the inferred incest shit like it wasnt also a subplot to the film?
I aint glossing over shit b

He was a narcissist that consumed EVERYTHING in his world. He didn't have a middle ground, not even with his sister. Just because I don't wanna fuck my sister I should dismiss the entire movie?

It was a great subplot that showed his destructive ways. I can appreicate that and still say ewwww nigga, you nasty

I aint glossing over shit b

He was a narcissist that consumed EVERYTHING in his world. He didn't have a middle ground, not even with his sister. Just because I don't wanna fuck my sister I should dismiss the entire movie?

It was a great subplot that showed his destructive ways. I can appreicate that and still say ewwww nigga, you nasty
this not about you wanting to fuck your sister

this about that subplot that gets glossed over time and time again

however, had you dropped this narcissist explanation in the beginning, you could've been added to the list with Goldie and Infamous

@Chicity what On screen makes this movie so great? Tell me
His initial convo with immigration. His convos with Manolo. His ambition. The shoot out scene with the cockroaches *cant remember they nationality*. Him getting double crossed by Frank. His getback of Frank and taking his everything. His relationship with Elvira. Him getting MONEY. His like/dislike of Sosa. His code and convictions. How they showcased Miami. How they showcased the upper echelon of the drug world. Him popping Salamenca (Breaking Bad). His relationship with his mother. Him losing his shit cause he knew he fucked up with Sosa. The inevitable fall of Manalo. His ruthlessness in the end. His death.

And....CheeChee, get the yayo

Status
Not open for further replies.