Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Scarface (1983) Al Pacino

Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean when “we bonded a bit” in a PM and then I jokingly called you a clown like you jokingly call niggas geeks and then you said we not cool like that you don’t know me and I wouldn’t say it to your face?

Yeah that was crazy

The shit you're talkin about was recent and nearly a year after our talk.

I see you're upset so I'll fall back.

The shit you're talkin about was recent and nearly a year after our talk.

I see you're upset so I'll fall back.

I just tried to look up the exchange and then I found a post of me being called a “homo geek nigga” because I said you had horrible opinions about a post about the JBP

I got the right to be upset

Reactions: Goldie 🔫💰
Besides the alluded incest angle, what else bothers you about Scarface
idk man

im putting a disclaimer, this not for everyone

but i feel like a lot of people like this movie b/c they were told or rather influenced to like it. It was released the same year i was born. So for an up and coming teen in the 80s and even the early 90s, I can see how this movie would influence a lot of the things they ended up idolizing.

Especially in hip hop. I remember all the episodes of cribs where rappers had the poster in their home and at first, yea, i thought the shit was cool too until you actually watch the movie, you finally get a lot of the references, then you start comparing it to other films in the genre.

I dont always agree with Beta, but one thing he said a long as time ago that always stuck with me was "overrated doesnt mean it's bad or it sucks"...and that's true. This movie is far from terrible, but i think a lot of the praise it gets, especially in the black community is way too high. Maybe it's because Pacino did such a good job at portraying the character that you could've sworn this was a biopic or something...idk...but i think that speaks to the acting ability of pacino vs the actual movie itself.

With that being said, b/c people have used the word overrated synonymously (sp?) with wack...when you call this movie overrated, someone might think you are saying its wack. It can have moments where the movie stands out, but overall, as a complete project, its just not a great one imo.

• Goat
Reactions: Sony Montana
I just tried to look up the exchange and then I found a post of me being called a “homo geek nigga” because I said you had horrible opinions about a post about the JBP

I got the right to be upset

You're right. I'm sorry for disrespecting you fam. Won't happen again.

You're right. I'm sorry for disrespecting you fam. Won't happen again.
That’s all I ever wanted man

WindingAcrobaticGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

while we in here...what's the next film

im thinking maybe "inception" or "shutter's island"

Fuck those white movies
we know unfortunately, an overwhelming majority of "black" movies are going to be rated low so that would automatically qualify them to be underrated if we do a thread on them

but im taking suggestions

so post up

Reactions: silverfoxx
Status
Not open for further replies.