Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Scarface (1983) Al Pacino

Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet made it safe for cat collecting faggot niggas like this to joke with niggas who aint playing.
Oh here we go....iight man even though you directly shit on anybody that has an opposing opinion and call niggas geeks and all kinds of shit but now it’s an issue when discussing Scarface to say you have a scar on your face so the movie resonates with you

Niggas wanna be bullies and have jokes for niggas until the jokes on them then they get tight

Like calling niggas geeks and card collecting faggots never got niggas slapped up but I digress

What incest shit? There was never a scene where they had sex or it was implied he wanted Gina like that.
you really need to watch this movie again b

edit..and i never said they had sex or implied they had a sexual relationship

but dude wasnt just overprotective of his sister just for the sake of being an older brother

I bully yall? :huh2:

I'm sorry.
You try to bully niggas into thinking this movie is good because it’s relatable like weak shit can’t be relatable

and that’s where the flawed arguments in every “hood movie” come from

but yeah pick and choose to only take that from what I said

Nigga wanna call other grown men all types of shit but when they get undermined they wanna get upset

You try to bully niggas into thinking this movie is good because it’s relatable like weak shit can’t be relatable

and that’s where the flawed arguments in every “hood movie” come from

but yeah pick and choose to only take that from what I said

Nigga wanna call other grown men all types of shit but when they get undermined they wanna get upset

I'm sorry bro

tenor.gif

you really need to watch this movie again b

edit..and i never said they had sex or implied they had a sexual relationship

but dude wasnt just overprotective of his sister just for the sake of being an older brother
Called this nigga TI

This is exactly what it was IMO.
the problem is you are looking for one scene that does this instead of the theme of their relationship as its displayed throughout the film

Because what every movie needs is creepy sister-obsession. It's one thing for brothers to feel naturally protective of younger sisters, defending their honor and all that old school stuff. However, Tony's fly-off-the-handle violent nature towards Gina's promiscuity is clearly meant to hint at more in the story. This subplot in Scarface is the absurd frosting on an already ludicrous cake. When Tony discovers his sister and his best friend in nothing but robes he instantly kills the best friend. The coke-fiend immediately regrets his actions seconds later when his sister informs him they were married the day before. Has anyone out there got Oliver Stone on speed dial to ask if this was in the original script? Tony's best friend Manny, after being threatened by Tony to never lay a hand on Gina, marries her behind his back. Doesn't seem like the wisest decision on either Manny or Gina's part. Actually it bears more of a resemblance to a conveniently melodramatic plot twist. Hyped up on more cocaine, his enemies storming the villa, Tony is approached by a near naked Gina, who between taking shots at him with a gun asks him if this (meaning her romantically) is what he wants. She then does something so typically, Brian De Palma-fashion (look to entry no.3). A brush up on my familiarity with the genre might be in order, but last I checked there's nothing gangster about incest.

So as I said earlier...this was either lazy writing or something that wasnt fully fleshed out when this was presented as an idea. Like this comment suggests, maybe there is something that was left on the cutting room floor that maybe explains this, but his erratic behavior towards his sister goes well beyond some overprotective shit. She a grown woman in this film. Not some under aged school girl.

Why else does she say "im all yours now" after he kills Manolo? She even knew Tony feelings for her were more than a big brother.

but dont blame me b. I didnt write the script.

the problem is you are looking for one scene that does this instead of the theme of their relationship as its displayed throughout the film

Because what every movie needs is creepy sister-obsession. It's one thing for brothers to feel naturally protective of younger sisters, defending their honor and all that old school stuff. However, Tony's fly-off-the-handle violent nature towards Gina's promiscuity is clearly meant to hint at more in the story. This subplot in Scarface is the absurd frosting on an already ludicrous cake. When Tony discovers his sister and his best friend in nothing but robes he instantly kills the best friend. The coke-fiend immediately regrets his actions seconds later when his sister informs him they were married the day before. Has anyone out there got Oliver Stone on speed dial to ask if this was in the original script? Tony's best friend Manny, after being threatened by Tony to never lay a hand on Gina, marries her behind his back. Doesn't seem like the wisest decision on either Manny or Gina's part. Actually it bears more of a resemblance to a conveniently melodramatic plot twist. Hyped up on more cocaine, his enemies storming the villa, Tony is approached by a near naked Gina, who between taking shots at him with a gun asks him if this (meaning her romantically) is what he wants. She then does something so typically, Brian De Palma-fashion (look to entry no.3). A brush up on my familiarity with the genre might be in order, but last I checked there's nothing gangster about incest.

So as I said earlier...this was either lazy writing or something that wasnt fully fleshed out when this was presented as an idea. Like this comment suggests, maybe there is something that was left on the cutting room floor that maybe explains this, but his erratic behavior towards his sister goes well beyond some overprotective shit. She a grown woman in this film. Not some under aged school girl.

Why else does she say "im all yours now" after he kills Manolo? She even knew Tony feelings for her were more than a big brother.

but dont blame me b. I didnt write the script.

You posted all that to post nothing. I’m not gonna hold Tony liable for what he did in a coke fueled rage lol.

It is what it is big bro.

Y’all don’t go outside so you can’t relate to killing niggas who disobey direct orders.

Nah this like the 3rd time you wanna be a certain type of disrespectful unnecessarily and I’m not having it

its all jokes for goldie until goldie gets offended then jokes can’t be jokes. Like you never said something in jest that rubbed niggas the wrong way.

Now he wanna post gifs and make jokes..

From what I can remember, the only other time I crossed the line was with @Revolver Ocelot and I apologized right after without him asking me, he didn't have to cuz I knew I shouldn't have talked to him like that and that's my nigga.

Me and you have had bad exchanges cuz I think you joke with niggas about shit that aint to be joked about. I've been called lames, drake stan, wayne stan, pac groupie, you name it.

But offline shit is different. I don't talk about niggas kids, niggas girls, wives, family, I don't play with mfs like that. I'll clown a mf's music and movie opinion all day, but that's where it ends.

If you feel I'm flagrant with the geek talk, i'll fall back, but I don't say that as a dig. I'm gonna go out of my way to make sure my son is a geek, his life will play out better than most of the "cool niggas" he goes to school with. Sounds cliche, but most of my niggas are dead or locked up, including my best friend doing 5 years currently. I got lucky.

But if yall niggas weren't outside, my point is valid. Just like the shit i said about the candy shop niggas, or niggas who never been outside but wanna break down street codes.

Geek niggas got friends locked up and dead too you and laughing at somebody using a scar on his face as a reason why Scarface is good because it seems very meta isn’t joking about somebody’s livelihood

especially when the scar comment was said out of context for all I know you coulda hit your face on a door.

also just because niggas like certain shit and you wanna label them as geeks don’t mean they ain’t put in the same work or maybe more work than you so that in itself is disrespecting somebody else’s livelihood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back