Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION UK aunty squares up with child for being disrespectful towards her

My father in law did that to his kids. Didn’t teach none of his kids Spanish. Don’t know the real reason for not doing it.

From some of my friends I've found it's either just laziness from the parents, or the kids or parents wanting to assimilate so they simply don't learn or never teach their kids. I know some latinos who only speak Spanish around family. Like even in public if someone speaks to them in Spanish they'll respond in English. It's weird as hell.

From some of my friends I've found it's either just laziness from the parents, or the kids or parents wanting to assimilate so they simply don't learn or never teach their kids. I know some latinos who only speak Spanish around family. Like even in public if someone speaks to them in Spanish they'll respond in English. It's weird as hell.
Soooo
Where you fall?

Soooo
Where you fall?

I'm strongly on the side of I don't want anybody putting their hands on my child...but I also don't pretend as if that's just a recent thing that popped up and fake like we grew up in a time where half the neighborhood parents could whoop your ass before you got home.

I'm strongly on the side of I don't want anybody putting their hands on my child...but I also don't pretend as if that's just a recent thing that popped up and fake like we grew up in a time where half the neighborhood parents could whoop your ass before you got home.
How old are you? When I was growing up only moms would discipline us. We were told to respect adults though or moms would deal with us. You from the South though right?

It’s crazy. My wife was mad at him for the longest because of it. He didn’t teach none of his younger kids Spanish but his older kids speak it fluently.

It’s crazy. My wife was mad at him for the longest because of it. He didn’t teach none of his younger kids Spanish but his older kids speak it fluently.

Yeah I can understand that. The main reason I know it is because my grandmother taught me and my brothers. She could speak English but was much more comfortable speaking Spanish so if we wanted to talk to her we really had no choice. And it throws people off because between me and my brothers and our Dad we rarely speak it among each other. That trickled down to my nephews and nieces because they're more conversational but not 100% fluent because they're not in a household where it's spoken constantly.

How old are you? When I was growing up only moms would discipline us. We were told to respect adults though or moms would deal with us. You from the South though right?

I'm 36. Grew up in PG County and DC. Niggas wasn't getting disciplined by the whole neighborhood. I've seen parents fight before because they felt somebody got out of line when talking to their kid. Yeah I was taught to respect adults but I know if I came in the house and told my parents another adult put their hands on me it was not gonna be a "well what did you do? Good for them" reaction

Not quite what I meant but ok

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Niggas in this thread admitting we afraid of our kids

Stfu. Bro you know and I know you never disciplined nobody else kid and for damn sure never got physical unless they were related or knew your family. You know the difference between old world and new Abd west vs east. How you traveled the world and can’t respect differences

Not quite what I meant but ok

Lol I just realized I responded to the wrong post. To answer your actual question I'm on the side of teaching your kids. Not only for the societal benefit of knowing more than 1 language, it's still weird as hell the US is a place that actually makes fun of people for speaking multiple languages, but also the cultural connection. Especially with Spanish because there's so many different dialects I love being able to speak to other Panamanians in a way that we understand

I'm 36. Grew up in PG County and DC. Niggas wasn't getting disciplined by the whole neighborhood. I've seen parents fight before because they felt somebody got out of line when talking to their kid. Yeah I was taught to respect adults but I know if I came in the house and told my parents another adult put their hands on me it was not gonna be a "well what did you do? Good for them" reaction
That's right you from the DMV too. In my area no one else would touch other people's kids but that was in the projects

Back