Welcome To aBlackWeb

UEFA Euro 2020 & CONMEBOL Copa America 2021 Thread (Argentina: Copa America Champs & Italy: Euro Champs)

Keane "his maturity"

This pussyole said his maturity is lacking. Even if you ignoring his previous international performances. The man clearly took the first pen, to lead by example and inspire confidence. No tactical anaylsis on the swiss 3rd goal.. just let's talk shit.

I have to be honest I was never really impressed by this Irish Gattuso's skills other than determination. He was soo overhyped just take a look now at his skills now on YT. Man's legs look like they were made out of wood and he would definitely not survive in today's high paced game with his limited technical abilities and all his reckless tackling.

lol damn. Sent him packing.

Kimpembe is the LAST player that should have anything to say to Mbappe.

France defending was awful, Pavard been a liability, Deschamps changed his whole formation because of a lack of a left back, only Morata has missed more big chances than Mbappe this tourney including tonight's performance.

So a whole lot of things they could have criticised France for tonight, but they wanted to hone in on Pogba... Like I said the hate is real

The wild thing regarding a supposed lack of a left back without Digne- (1) Lucas Hernandez I presume was back healthy since he was on the bench (2) Kimpembe is a left back(meh) that plays as a shitty center back. So Deschamps could have easily played Zouma instead as well as Hernandez or put Kimpembe at left back. (3) Pavard wasn't good this tourney but I would play him at center back over Kimpembe without hesitation. That's how low I rate Kimpembe.

I have to be honest I was never really impressed by this Irish Gattuso's skills other than determination. He was soo overhyped just take a look now at his skills now on YT. Man's legs look like they were made out of wood and he would definitely not survive in today's high paced game with his limited technical abilities and all his reckless tackling.

Honestly I think it's an insult to Gattuso to compare both. As a Man United fan, one of the things that befuddled me the most was the absurd overhyping of Keane. He was a decent to good player- dazzit. He was not special imo. He could've been replaced by many other defensive midfielders back then. He just lucked into having a manager that believed in him and was in his corner.

Fickle fans calling Mbappe a fraud, when he already won this tourney before and a world cup.

When did Mbappe win the Euros? Am I missing something cos I know damn well Portugal won in 2016 and France are still waiting for another one post 2000.

To be fair they said you seen the best and bad of him he was perfect going forward but he was extremely slack for the equaliser

Nah there's no to be fair in this. Slack for the equalizer? Sure he could have not given the ball away...but no center midfielder is perfect and they get dispossessed or make an errant pass once in a while. That's why the teams have defenders. It's crazy to me how on US tv and English TV they only blamed Pogba for that equalizer when imo it all comes down to that muppet Kimpembe. Going to mark Rabiots guy unnecessarily, then recovering to get to his guy and then getting undressed for the goal once he got there. Trash defending.

[/QUOTE]
It's because he is black and eccentric. White people know exactly what they're doing. They love hyping up their own to the clouds players like Foden, Mount, Grealish etc. Just imagine how the pundits and news papers would react if one of those three played like Pogba has been playing in this tournament

But we have seen black AND eccentric players in the PL before and for national teams elsewhere. They didn't get trashed every time on TV like Pogba gets done up by the British media. I don't think it has anything to do with all that you mentioned. At this point I think it's driven by tv show producers. They feel they'll get more clicks, more views, more interaction etc by "talking about Pogba". Either way it's all terrible.

Already nervous for England vs Germany. I hope no other England fan(s) on here are feeling great or confident about this match. No England fan over the age of 30 can go into a match vs Germany feeling confident at this point. Germany could lose every week to Andorra and India and I would still pick them to beat England in ANY tournament they meet at. That's how scarred my psyche is by Germany (and England at every tournament).
I'm expecting another painful tournament exit.
:cry:

When did Mbappe win the Euros? Am I missing something cos I know damn well Portugal won in 2016 and France are still waiting for another one post 2000.

Nah there's no to be fair in this. Slack for the equalizer? Sure he could have not given the ball away...but no center midfielder is perfect and they get dispossessed or make an errant pass once in a while. That's why the teams have defenders. It's crazy to me how on US tv and English TV they only blamed Pogba for that equalizer when imo it all comes down to that muppet Kimpembe. Going to mark Rabiots guy unnecessarily, then recovering to get to his guy and then getting undressed for the goal once he got there. Trash defending.

But we have seen black AND eccentric players in the PL before and for national teams elsewhere. They didn't get trashed every time on TV like Pogba gets done up by the British media. I don't think it has anything to do with all that you mentioned. At this point I think it's driven by tv show producers. They feel they'll get more clicks, more views, more interaction etc by "talking about Pogba". Either way it's all terrible.
[/QUOTE]
I agree with everything you said but you can't say all that and ignore pogbas terrible mistake the defence was poor all game. Last few minutes you protect the ball and don't do anything crazy and pogba failed with that

What's your predictions?
Strangely, I got Perú and Colombia. Ecuador and Uruguay have been disapponting. Perú playing well enough to catch Brasil slippin after spending everything beating Chile. Colombia on the revenge tour after the Brasil game.

Honestly I think it's an insult to Gattuso to compare both. As a Man United fan, one of the things that befuddled me the most was the absurd overhyping of Keane. He was a decent to good player- dazzit. He was not special imo. He could've been replaced by many other defensive midfielders back then. He just lucked into having a manager that believed in him and was in his corner.
Football is a game of opinions but this one is just wrong. Keane overhyped? No sir, regularly back in those days when we were putting in shitty or average performances (contrary to popular belief Fergie's teams didn't put in swashbuckling performances every week) Keane would be the one to win the ball time and again and get the attack going with those balls that he would push through to break the lines with. Of all the players of Fergie's era Keane might even be underrated!

Football is a game of opinions but this one is just wrong. Keane overhyped? No sir, regularly back in those days when we were putting in shitty or average performances (contrary to popular belief Fergie's teams didn't put in swashbuckling performances every week) Keane would be the one to win the ball time and again and get the attack going with those balls that he would push through to break the lines with. Of all the players of Fergie's era Keane might even be underrated!

He won us the Champs League too by killing it in the semis against Juve, even though he was banned for the final... We would not of made the final without him...

He won us the Champs League too by killing the semis against Juve, even though he was banned for the final...

That's the most famous one but he did that on a regular in the league. Him and Ince was such a monstrous midfield. They were actually a bit like Kante in terms of being able to do both sides of the game except i would say Kante is a better dribbler than both

Back