Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tropes you are tired of seeing

The hero getting their ass kicked by the villain the whole movie and then some how, gaining the ability to come back and win.

The hero having a bunch of wack ass, incapable ass friends on that are with the shits but the hero always have to save.

The villain wanting something stupid and improbable like world domination.

The villain having some tortured backstory and philosophy instead of just being the fucking bad guy that does what he or she wants because they enjoys it.

The hero always protecting some child, like Man on Fire.

The hero being the chosen one.

In scary movies dealing with haunted houses, nobody decides to leave.

In scary movies, the creepy child trope.

Superhero poses.

Fan service plots.

Full-fledged and witty kitchen table conversations where everyone is dressed to the nines and lucid, before one character stands up and says "ok I'm off to school/work". And you realize that this whole exchange just occurred before muhfuckas was set to begin their day.

BITCH ain't nobody doin all that jolly ass carrying' on that damn early in the morning.

Mfs is lucky to get three grunts outta me before a certain hour. Dafuckouttaheah.

Last edited:
Super hero origin movies where the villain has the same powers/suit as the hero.

Super hero movies/shows being championed as something new and groundbreaking when all they do introduce a non cac or a female. And yet a cac is always the sidekick.

Last edited:
In horror movies, chase scenes in woods with thick vegetation at night. It is not possible to run through the woods at night without any type of light. Especially if they are not on a path. I go camping and it be pitch black in the woods.

I would enjoy a surprise where the victim and the villain get lost in the woods. They would need to find their way back to the road and then continue the chase, lol.

What are some tropes or scenarios you are tired of seeing in movies, shows, or even particular genres ?

I got to thinking about this after watching the new Jurassic park movie.

I hate in movies where a character is trying to bypass a combo lock but some how manages to figure out the combination after a few guesses. I feel it is lazy writing and improbable but not impossible. Like, they could of had the character get the combo so many different ways. I sigh anytime I see this in movies.

This is from All-American but used before. The star athlete living in the hood with no dad who gets a chance to live in the suburbs for a better life but has this layer of new drama from the suburbs and the hood. Been in mad movies and shows abd super corny

The annoying kid/teen character that they try to make you feel for but end up making shit worse. Examples: The little girl from Kong, Bautista daughter in that zombie movie, and the little girl from Jurassic World

Good guys winning, need more bad guys to win to end the film…and no sequel..take that L like a man

This.

I was pissed off when the Night King loss...

I was like, "How sway?"

This motherfucker Night King was a damn god almost. Motherfucker got killed by some little ass White girl with a bitch ass knife.

Fuck outta here.

Exposition before killing a bad guy or the bad guy explaining their whole plan before attempting to kill the protagonist, allowing them to escape. Sometimes it works and proves a point (mountain and the viper). Other times it's wack.

Just kill the nigga and be done with it.

Back