Welcome To aBlackWeb

Training Day Director Set To Remake Scarface

1. Southpaw was 2015
2. You acting like this gonna be his first project since Training Day. He dropping The Equalizer 2 this year. Since 2013 the only year he did put out a movie was last year.

my point is...how can you see what Coogler did with BP, then say, you know what, I wanna remake Scarface?

Im not saying he gotta get all black power, but Scarface???

Thats all speculation. There is no evidence of there being a connection.

Comic book moives have nothing to do with a string of remakes that are happening

It's not speculation, it's fact lol This world is full of comic book niggas. If an original movie only makes $40M in the box office and the comic book movies are averaging 500m, what u think these niggas are gonna put their money on for future movies? Exactly. That's why you'll 10 sequels of fast and furious cuz they know they're gonna get their money, they don't give af about the art or the product.

The idiots in this generation just wanna see niggas jumpin from planes and gun fights, they don't give af about storytelling.

These are fax!

My mixer will be here today! If yall niggas are down to debate this on the podcast later this week, lets make that happen.

It's not speculation, it's fact lol This world is full of comic book niggas. If an original movie only makes $40M in the box office and the comic book movies are averaging 500m, what u think these niggas are gonna put their money on for future movies? Exactly. That's why you'll 10 sequels of fast and furious cuz they know they're gonna get their money, they don't give af about the art or the product.

The idiots in this generation just wanna see niggas jumpin from planes and gun fights, they don't give af about storytelling.

These are fax!
I can agree with the sentiment.. thats why we have fast and furious 15

These are fax!
Actually sir. Those are the definition of opinion, your opinion. Just because you feel a that way doesnt make it facts.
Beacuse last year alone moives like Get Out, La La land, Logan Lucky, and Baby Driver all did well in theaters as original scripts.

I agree that there is a lack of creativity in hollywood, but I do believe it is because of streaming services. For a movie that is story line heavy i dont need to see it on a 50ft screen with top of the line audio, I can wait and see it at home. Action movies on the other hand are best and sometimes are only good in a movie theater environment. So you see action movies/comic book movies doing well in theaters because thats where they thrive.

I agree that there is a lack of creativity in hollywood, but I do believe it is because of streaming services.

So u said all of that to agree lol

And u can't say it's due to streaming services when there was great movies every year before streaming services.

So u said all of that to agree lol

And u can't say it's due to streaming services when there was great movies every year before streaming services.
I agreed with you all along, there is a lack of creativity in hollywood. The cause is what we are debating. You say comic book movies, just because one rose and the other fell at the same time (logical fallacy). I say streaming services because of the reasons I stated.

I agreed with you all along, there is a lack of creativity in hollywood. The cause is what we are debating. You say comic book movies, just because one rose and the other fell at the same time (logical fallacy). I say streaming services because of the reasons I stated.

I used facts to support my claim sir lol It's a business at the end of the day and comic book movies are what's hot so they're gonna continue to invest in them, simple logic.

I used facts to support my claim sir lol It's a business at the end of the day and comic book movies are what's hot so they're gonna continue to invest in them, simple logic.
But you're not speaking to why comic/action movies are hot right now. I am

But you're not speaking to why comic/action movies are hot right now. I am

I did lol I said the niggas in this generation only care about dumb action scenes and not storytelling.

And they're gonna continue to invest in comic book movies cuz that's the era we're in.

Luckily the small screen is in a golden era, if you want great storytelling and originality u gotta hit up the small screen.

my point is...how can you see what Coogler did with BP, then say, you know what, I wanna remake Scarface?

Im not saying he gotta get all black power, but Scarface???

But why should he be basing his career choices on what the next man did or is doing?

Plus Ryan Coogler's next movie is Creed 2, it's not like he's doing The Harriet Tubman story next either.

But why should he be basing his career choices on what the next man did or is doing?

Plus Ryan Coogler's next movie is Creed 2, it's not like he's doing The Harriet Tubman story next either.

coogler is trying to do a film on Mansa Musa, plus Creed 2, although a sequel, will have an original story

i just said, he dont have to be all black power, but he could do a lot better than a scarface remake

I did lol I said the niggas in this generation only care about dumb action scenes and not storytelling.

And they're gonna continue to invest in comic book movies cuz that's the era we're in.

Luckily the small screen is in a golden era, if you want great storytelling and originality u gotta hit up the small screen.
How can you say that when this generation doesn't even go to the movies like that. They stream the shit, thats why the the small screen is at the heights that it is.
The current generation arent the ones that are causing a lack of creativity in hollywood, its the 30+ crowd that are packing the theater for Transformers and Fast & Furious. You really think a nigga under 30 really give a shit about a scarface reboot, a movie that came out 35 years ago? No that audience is older.

So back to my point, the rise of uncreative material is due to streaming being more available making the younger market stay at home. Not because comic book movies began to become more prominent, if anything, comic book movies are some of the more creative movies in the theaters.

How can you say that when this generation doesn't even go to the movies like that. They stream the shit, thats why the the small screen is at the heights that it is.
The current generation arent the ones that are causing a lack of creativity in hollywood, its the 30+ crowd that are packing the theater for Transformers and Fast & Furious. You really think a nigga under 30 really give a shit about a scarface reboot, a movie that came out 35 years ago? No that audience is older.

So back to my point, the rise of uncreative material is due to streaming being more available making the younger market stay at home. Not because comic book movies began to become more prominent, if anything, comic book movies are some of the more creative movies in the theaters.

Wait what, Black Panther made nearly a billion in a week, but people don't go to the movies no more? lol cmon fam, cmooonn fam

Wait what, Black Panther made nearly a billion in a week, but people don't go to the movies no more? lol cmon fam, cmooonn fam
you just totally ignored the demo he listed in his response to you

c'mon man

Back