Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Toxic Femininity vs Healthy Femininity

Maybe if I’ve heard of it and had some background on what the hell it is, I would think it was a thing.

Shit seems just like another label to place on a mf.
you are right.....

and i believe thats why a label was placed back onto those that originally placed a label.
but those that like the original label dont like to be labelled.

but truth be told......white chicks started this shit.
this feminist and toxic masculinity shit.
i just hate to see my black women follow something that was not made for their gain but to further the agenda of people who will forget about them as soon as they hit their mark.
because then....the people that they shit on (black men) dont wanna hear shit.

Black women have their own set of unique problems that white chicks cant relate to, nor care to relate to. thats why when a black chick needs support from the movement.....the movement doesnt acknowledge her or it.

you are right.....

and i believe thats why a label was placed back onto those that originally placed a label.
but those that like the original label dont like to be labelled.

but truth be told......white chicks started this shit.
this feminist and toxic masculinity shit.
i just hate to see my black women follow something that was not made for their gain but to further the agenda of people who will forget about them as soon as they hit their mark.
because then....the people that they shit on (black men) dont wanna hear shit.

I dont why if black women become feminists the first thing people say or think is division? Dies anybody actually know real black feminists or just on the internet.

Black women have their own set of unique problems that white chicks cant relate to, nor care to relate to. thats why when a black chick needs support from the movement.....the movement doesnt acknowledge her or it.

Black women been ssying this for years. Thats why black women tend to do their own things when it comes to feminism. I think.alot of us in our head have this view that its ehite women leading minority women into a war against all men vs reality that black and minority women have valid issues that need to be addressed. Black women dont even fuck with white women like that.

I dont why if black women become feminists the first thing people say or think is division? Dies anybody actually know real black feminists or just on the internet.

Besides maybe the lgbtq community can you give any real life examples of any time throughout history that feminism united other people or groups or cultures together?

Besides maybe the lgbtq community can you give any real life examples of any time throughout history that feminism united other people or groups or cultures together?

Feminism been around for about 80 years. Got women the right to vote, actually let women work outside the home but not just as nurses and shit like that I would think black people would at least know that being that all our moms worked. But i think feminism is only divisive when people think feminism is anti man. And its not i cant name a situation where feminism hurt a man.

I get it black men feel attacked all the time and don't want to fight with black women but are we really trying to understand why black women feel some type of way or are we just going to assume its all on white people?

Feminism been around for about 80 years. Got women the right to vote, actually let women work outside the home but not just as nurses and shit like that I would think black people would at least know that being that all our moms worked. But i think feminism is only divisive when people think feminism is anti man. And its not i cant name a situation where feminism hurt a man.

I get it black men feel attacked all the time and don't want to fight with black women but are we really trying to understand why black women feel some type of way or are we just going to assume its all on white people?
black men are going thru similiar shit as black women......both in a struggle just from different angles.

yet....its a white definition thats helping cause more of a divide.

why it is assumed that black men dont care?

some women are not worth the defense just like its a ton of niggas who aint worth the defense.

accountability will be what will help us all

Feminism gave women the right to work?

Also this thread has nothing to to with blaming white people. It's about asking what toxic masculinity and toxic femininity looks like and what healthy masculinity and healthy femininity looks like. It's also about understanding where these phrases and labels came from and why they were created in the first place.

Also this thread has nothing to to with blaming white people. It's about asking what toxic masculinity and toxic femininity looks like and what healthy masculinity and healthy femininity looks like. It's also about understanding where these phrases and labels came from and why they were created in the first place.
cool...

but i have yet to see an example of toxic masculinity with a white face

cool...

Bro I still don't know what it is for it to have a face. I'm just trying to find out what these phrases even mean because if toxic masculinity is real there must be such a thing as healthy masculinity. So what does it look like? There's duality and polarity in everything.

So if toxic masculinity is real toxic femininity must be just as real and also if toxic femininity is real, healthy femininity must be just as real being that that there's duality and polarity in everything. So what does it look like?

If healthy masculinity doesn't exist and toxic femininity doesn't exist then toxic masculinity and healthy femininity doesn't exist either.

Bro I still don't know what it is for it to have a face. I'm just trying to find out what these phrases even mean because if toxic masculinity is real there must be such a thing as healthy masculinity. So what does it look like? There's duality and polarity in everything.

So if toxic masculinity is real toxic femininity must be just as real and also if toxic femininity is real, healthy femininity must be just as real being that that there's duality and polarity in everything. So what does it look like?

If healthy masculinity doesn't exist and toxic femininity doesn't exist then toxic masculinity and healthy femininity doesn't exist either.
heres the thing

neither is real.

i would not call all women toxic.....that can never be true.
everyone has shit about them.
but some chicks do extra shit for ego purposes....same with dudes.

is it toxic? it can be.
some people need it...some dont.
but some will never admit they are apart of it or encourage it,.

now have i ever heard a black woman say this...yes, not many ...but a very small few.

i often speak about them. all the shit they spew is toxic.

but i think it falls back onto a male figure not being in the household or helping raise a woman.
most women listen to the opinion of a male they respect. but are their alot of dudes around that should be respected like that?

if not.....then they only have an image of what he should or could look like.

ya know...imma stop here...i think you see where im going.

but i still think black women have a whole different problem from white women who made this shit up

It gave them the right to.work jobs that wernt viewed as just womens work. Like now they can be a ceo on a wide scale and not just a few here and there.

And i get the point of the thread tho its just the comments be on some other stuff so it got further than what you were asking.

cool...

Harvey Weinstein, That Standford boy who raped a woman and got like 3q

Healthy masculinity to me is simple. Its the provide and protect type of thing, the friendly comeperition and shit talking type of thing, knowing qhen and how and where to get physical or keep the peace.

Harvey Weinstein, That Standford boy who raped a woman and got like 3q

Healthy masculinity to me is simple. Its the provide and protect type of thing, the friendly comeperition and shit talking type of thing, knowing qhen and how and where to get physical or keep the peace.

I agree with provide and protect but I disagree with the shit talking aspect. Imo we can build healthy relationships together with words of wisdom and encouragement without being in "healthy" competition with or talking shit to each other.

Also is the provide and protect mentality a form of toxic masculinity in feminism?

Feminism has been around since the late 1800, so your time line is way off.

The founders of the feminist movement in this country were also staunchly racist to the core. Susan B Anthony, Elizabeth Stanton, Carrie Chapman Catt, Rebecca Ann Latimer were all terribly racist.

Susan B. Anthony was quoted as saying “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.” as well as:

“What words can express her (the white woman’s) humiliation when, at the close of this long conflict, the government which she had served so faithfully held her unworthy of a voice in its councils, while it recognized as the political superiors of all the noble women of the nation the negro men just emerged from slavery, and not only totally illiterate, but also densely ignorant of every public question.”

and:

“The old anti-slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.”

Elizabeth Stanton stated "We educated, virtuous white women are more worthy of the vote." when the question of the 15th amendment came up giving the vote and citizenship to Black Men. She claimed to be an abolitionist but only when it served her. As with Anthony, when it came time to give Black men the vote, their true colors showed through with shit like this:

"What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?"

“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.” - Carrie Chapman Catt, founder of the League of Women Voters

“I do not want to see a negro man walk to the polls and vote on who should handle my tax money, while I myself cannot vote at all.” - Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton, first female Senator and last member of either house of Congress to be a slave owner.

Feminism is divisive because it was created for the interests of white women first and foremost, and with the current wave of feminism it's decidedly anti-man. The current crop of feminists is so anti-man that the remaining "old guard" of feminists don't even fuck with them and, in fact, oppose their vitriolic rhetoric being thrown about.

Feminism is so divisive that it's divided itself.

I agree with provide and protect but I disagree with the shit talking aspect. Imo we can build healthy relationships together with words of wisdom and encouragement without being in "healthy" competition with or talking shit to each other.

Also is the provide and protect mentality a form of toxic masculinity in feminism?

Provide and protect is only toxic when the people you protect feel stifled or something. We all know men generally worked outside the home handled most bills and stuff and women didnt have that ability so they could be abused with no real options back in the day.

As far as the shit talking im talking about when we with the homies and we say something like " man stop acting like a ho you scared to get scrapped on the court" shit like that is cool.

Back