Welcome To aBlackWeb

To Vote or Not to Vote. That is the question....

Louisiana got some fuck law that whatever your party affiliation is on your voter registration, you have to vote for that in the primaries or it doesnt count i believe. Is this just some fuck shit here or is this common practice eveywhere

It's like that everywhere.

But the simple solution is to not register democrat or republican. Just register independent and you can vote in either primary.

That's what I've done since I turned 18 in 1991. I'm not registered democrat nor republican.

Although I've always voted democrat up until 2012. In 2012 I wrote my own name in and voted for myself.

I didn't vote in 2016 at all because I didn't like either candidate.

I can respect this. I am genuinely considering voting local at the very least. But the "3rd party is a wasted vote!" Crowd might come for u
It is a wasted vote with regard to who gets elected, but I’m not going to look down on someone for doing so. If the decision wasn’t such a stark difference this time around, to me at least, I wouldn’t put it past myself to vote 3rd party. I’d only do it though if I didn’t care which party got elected.

I said it before I'll say it again.

If you're not expecting anything from the government vote Republican.

They won't do anything to help anybody.

At least you know what you're getting.

It is a wasted vote with regard to who gets elected, but I’m not going to look down on someone for doing so. If the decision wasn’t such a stark difference this time around, to me at least, I wouldn’t put it past myself to vote 3rd party. I’d only do it though if I didn’t care which party got elected.

The whole point of votin' third party is to participate when the two main parties dont do it for you but you want to let them kno' you're active. If someone vote third party because you like one of the candidates they not doin' it right

The whole point of votin' third party is to participate when the two main parties dont do it for you but you want to let them kno' you're active. If someone vote third party because you like one of the candidates they not doin' it right
So it’s basically a dissenting vote. A message to the other parties. Makes sense.

It's like that everywhere.

But the simple solution is to not register democrat or republican. Just register independent and you can vote in either primary.

That's what I've done since I turned 18 in 1991. I'm not registered democrat nor republican.

Although I've always voted democrat up until 2012. In 2012 I wrote my own name in and voted for myself.

I didn't vote in 2016 at all because I didn't like either candidate.
I mostly agree with this. I'm still not with not voting, tho.

I never registered as Democrat or Republic. My voter card has said "unaffiliated" since I started voting.

If you didn't vote in 2016 coz you never vote. Fair enough. If you didn't vote coz you're waitin' for the perfect candidate for you, ight cool whatever. If you didn't vote coz you're lazy and didn't register in time ight cool I feel that.

But if you vote even somewhat regularly but didn't in 2016 because you couldn't choose between Clinton and Trump I'm sorry to say that is very very silly

Nah that's not it at all King the problem is you guys want this to be true coz then you can argue against it.

No one is happy with Biden/Harris and the votin' crowd been clear about that from the jump.

You got your opinion about it and I got mine.

I've seen quite a few black people talk about how they believe how some forms of racism and a lot of conservative views with voting, etc. will die off with baby boomers. They believe that because of some of the views that they feel many young white people have now and how some are out protesting right now. So that is when real change will happen in this country when they die off cause most people will no longer share those views and beliefs.

It always seemed funny to me because quite a few hippies(baby-boomers) turned conservative when it was time for them to settle down have families and buy homes for those families and set their kids up for their futures. I'm of the opinion a lot of these young white kids out here protesting right now are going to do the exact same thing as those hippies before them.

Gallup says Baby Boomers have turned conservative: This is a 76.4 million-member voting bloc
The hippies of yore would never believe it. A jumbo-sized Gallup poll now reveals that baby boomers — who once espoused free love, flower power and took to the streets to protest most anything — now constitute a conservative stronghold. Among those born between 1946 and 1964, a sizable 44 percent say they are conservative; a third describe themselves as moderates, and 21 percent are liberal. In comparison, 38 percent of Americans overall are conservative, 36 percent are moderates and a quarter are liberals.

So if(IMO its WHEN not if) that happens again how are black people supposed to vote our way out of what is happening to us?

I've seen quite a few black people talk about how they believe how some forms of racism and a lot of conservative views with voting, etc. will die off with baby boomers. They believe that because of some of the views that they feel many young white people have now and how some are out protesting right now. So that is when real change will happen in this country when they die off cause most people will no longer share those views and beliefs.

It always seemed funny to me because quite a few hippies(baby-boomers) turned conservative when it was time for them to settle down have families and buy homes for those families and set their kids up for their futures. I'm of the opinion a lot of these young white kids out here protesting right now are going to do the exact same thing as those hippies before them.

Gallup says Baby Boomers have turned conservative: This is a 76.4 million-member voting bloc
The hippies of yore would never believe it. A jumbo-sized Gallup poll now reveals that baby boomers — who once espoused free love, flower power and took to the streets to protest most anything — now constitute a conservative stronghold. Among those born between 1946 and 1964, a sizable 44 percent say they are conservative; a third describe themselves as moderates, and 21 percent are liberal. In comparison, 38 percent of Americans overall are conservative, 36 percent are moderates and a quarter are liberals.

So if(IMO its WHEN not if) that happens again how are black people supposed to vote our way out of what is happening to us?

Yeah they kill me with that shit. Like these young whites ain't making racist ass tik toks every second.

Fact of the matter is a lot, not all, but a lot of the whites out protesting right especially the young ones, just want to be a part of something.

This younger generation is all about following the crowd. Thing is, when it comes to white protecting their status in this country, they jump on code real quick. Best believe a lot of them will turn out just like their parents, grand parents etc.

Back