Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED TikTok is urging users to call Congress about a looming ban to 170 million Americans of their Constitutional right to free expression

test
What propaganda is going on TikTok that dangerous? Please Enlighten the class.

TikTok is the only social media platform not opening censoring pro Palestine content.
I’m referring more so to random people getting on TikTok professing to being experts and fooling people into believing nonsense. Or random people radicalizing others via their POV. There’s a slew of things that unchecked can be harmful. My view on this is for all social media though, not just TikTok.

As far as government propaganda, we’ve already seen how Russia is using US social media. Imagine what they could do if it was Russia owned. Maybe China doesn’t have that intent but it is a risk.

The general populace is dumb and believes whatever aligns with their internal dialogue. Confirmation bias is huge in the US. Especially if it’s related to the US government. There’s already a distrust so it’s not hard to push people to believe outlandish conspiracies.

I’m referring more so to random people getting on TikTok professing to being experts and fooling people into believing nonsense. Or random people radicalizing others via their POV. There’s a slew of things that unchecked can be harmful. My view on this is for all social media though, not just TikTok.

As far as government propaganda, we’ve already seen how Russia is using US social media. Imagine what they could do if it was Russia owned. Maybe China doesn’t have that intent but it is a risk.

The general populace is dumb and believes whatever aligns with their internal dialogue. Confirmation bias is huge in the US. Especially if it’s related to the US government. There’s already a distrust so it’s not hard to push people to believe outlandish conspiracies.

I mean.. you can get random muhfuckas on Fox news claiming to be professionals and doing the same shit.
Swap out fox with cnn, msnbc, youtube, facebook, instagram, reddit, other forums.. churches lol the list goes on.

They just dont like that its China thats getting paid from it and not them

I mean.. you can get random muhfuckas on Fox news claiming to be professionals and doing the same shit.
Swap out fox with cnn, msnbc, youtube, facebook, instagram, reddit, other forums.. churches lol the list goes on.

They just dont like that its China thats getting paid from it and not them
It’s deeper than getting paid. AI needs data to to machine learn and get smarter and social media is the the perfect feed. Tiktokers basically sending free data to China to beef up their AI. After reading the book AI superpowers i can see why US would be wary of something like Tiktok

We don’t know what China doing with this information and China control information in their own country. Turn on the media and it’s all China positive and foreign negative so it’s not like China doing us a favor in all this

Last edited:
It’s deeper than getting paid. AI needs data to to machine learn and get smarter and social media is the the perfect feed. Tiktokers basically sending free data to China to beef up their AI. After reading the book AI superpowers i can see why US would be wary of something like Tiktok

If people on twitter, facebook and insta all have their pages and posts public the AI could still scrape that data though. Its an extra step from getting it directly from your own app but its still doable

If people on twitter, facebook and insta all have their pages and posts public the AI could still scrape that data though. Its an extra step from getting it directly from your own app but its still doable
The page don’t need to be public for AI to scrape the data. Company selling ur data either way. I don’t believe when they give you the option of not sharing data, that’s a bunch of lies. We already seen google going through a lawsuit that incognito mode still be tracking ppl

interesting that they use national security for this but wont cite national security for guns.

Couldnt Bytdance just get some American front to be the "owner" and they still retain most of the profits and its business as usual?

Europe has TikTok but you don’t see them screaming national security, ohh that’s right because they GDPR that protects the data of all their users.

Byte dance and selling shit, it’s worth too much to give away. They gonna dare the US to radicalize the youth in a election year.

Back