Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thread: A lot of white people were shocked to learn about the Tulsa bombings from HBO's The Watchmen

I read that thread last night and was heated.

The wild shit is that while alot of us may know about BWS... alot of the other atrocities committed after Reconstruction and after federal troops left the south aren't too well known.

I'm willing to admit I didnt know alot of the shit that Michael Harriot mentioned in that thread which is why it had me so pissed off when I read it.

That being said... I agree with alot of the points @Duwop was making in here.. the fact that this shit is not taught and is swept under the rug is part of the reason these devils have the gall to say shit like "slavery was so long ago.. get over it".. or "none of my family participated in any of that"

We’re going to continue to learn more. A lot of stuff ain’t covered deeply till college. Like I didn’t know there was a slaughter of black union soldiers in some small town in western Virginia. But I wasn’t surprised at all.

I didn’t mean just that instance but white folks shouldn’t be surprised by stories like this. I mean they have to know their own history.
I'm no apologist for white people but I'm pretty sure they not being told these stories before bedtime

My bigger concern is, now that stuff like this is starting to come out more and more, do they acknowledge it happened and does it start to change their behavior

The answer will be no for the vast majority and that just perpetuates the issue

I'm no apologist for white people but I'm pretty sure they not being told these stories before bedtime

My bigger concern is, now that stuff like this is starting to come out more and more, do they acknowledge it happened and does it start to change their behavior

The answer will be no for the vast majority and that just perpetuates the issue

Well I’m not saying they get bedtime stories about it. Just saying I’m not as convinced they don’t know what they are capable of and that they did.

Well I’m not saying they get bedtime stories about it. Just saying I’m not as convinced they don’t know what they are capable of and that they did.
again, no apologist here

or I'll tell you what. can you expect every single white person to know exactly what their grandfather's/great grandfather's did?

white people have phd's in hiding shit they don't want others to know about

and I still contend that you can't realistically expect every single white person outside of that state to know what happened there.

again, no apologist here

or I'll tell you what. can you expect every single white person to know exactly what their grandfather's/great grandfather's did?

white people have phd's in hiding shit they don't want others to know about

and I still contend that you can't realistically expect every single white person outside of that state to know what happened there.

AP I’m not saying that I expect every white persona to be aware of all of racism. But I don’t think they are as surprised or shocked as they pretend to be. That’s all.

I dunno why anyone would expect white people in this country to know that. I can guarantee you that more than half of BLACK people don't know about BWS or other similarly important pieces of their own history.

Trying to have a conversation about certain things is mind-numbing. And my circle is pretty diverse: From doctors and lawyers to career criminals to athletes.

I didn’t mean just that instance but white folks shouldn’t be surprised by stories like this. I mean they have to know their own history.

Bruh, if you been raping or pillaging the world over for the last 1500 years, would you remember the bombing of a single neighborhood? I prolly wouldn't.

During that time period white people were stealing a lot of farm land from black families, it's one of the many reason the wealth gap in America is so wide they stopped any progress for black families to pass down Generational wealth down to our kids.

There is an immeasurable amount of thing swe don't know about I might have been 20 or 30 something before I heard about this can't remember

I said this shit wayyyyyyy back on the IC and got crucified for it.

But basically I said, the most fucked up thing about this generation of white people is they don't even know why black folk hate them so much. They really don't understand how deep the racism and the hateful shit done to black people goes.

If they were told anything at all, it definitely wasn't the truth. ESPECIALLY if they grew up with a black friend or two. They really think just being nice to black folk erases everything.

A lot of ugly truths just were swept as far under the rug as possible. This article is proof positive.

The bombing of black wall street will never be taught in white homes, white schools, or discussed amongst friends.

Watchmen is dope as fuck for forcing them to remember

I’m not surprised.

It was never mentioned to us a single time when I was in school.

And most people only take the initiative to research things that interest them.

Pretty sure I found out about that shit from the IC.

I found out about it from the poster Greenwood1921... RIP to the homie/ fellow failcons fan

Bruh, if you been raping or pillaging the world over for the last 1500 years, would you remember the bombing of a single neighborhood? I prolly wouldn't.

y’all not understanding what I’m saying. I’m not saying they are supposed to remember every bad act in every instance. But acting surprised about atrocities seems kind of silly given the track record. My whole point is about them being surprised and shocked like these things aren’t well documented

y’all not understanding what I’m saying. I’m not saying they are supposed to remember every bad act in every instance. But acting surprised about atrocities seems kind of silly given the track record. My whole point is about them being surprised and shocked like these things aren’t well documented

You're assuming that they know the track record of their people's evil conquests.

But I get what you mean.

Back