Welcome To aBlackWeb

This picture got folks mad and @banginscrew901 doesn’t understand why.

Wait a minute!

So yall mad that less than 1% of the population is getting more inclusive coverage than about 20% of the population? Wonder why.

So the black dude is gay and the black girl is a single mother?

They aint slick

giphy.gif

Deviant bro? Really?

Yeah.........really.

I'm not a PC type person, so you can call it whatever you want to make it more comfortable for you to process.

smh.

This is exactly the kind of hypersensitivity that helped Trump get elected.

Yeah.........really.

I'm not a PC type person, so you can call it whatever you want to make it more comfortable for you to process.

smh.

This is exactly the kind of hypersensitivity that helped Trump get elected.

Trump got elected by crackers. Just because i dont think ewwww gay does not mean i agree with ad either.

These companies know exactly what they’re doing

I posted this pic up on the old site. I was out with the missus shopping and she needed to pick up some form of makeup and while standing there I spotted this bullshit:

look at each picture carefully and you'll see it. They ain't slick.

I posted this pic up on the old site. I was out with the missus shopping and she needed to pick up some form of makeup and while standing there I spotted this bullshit:

look at each picture carefully and you'll see it. They ain't slick.

They are a mess smdh

Some of y'all need to go to sleep cause y'all been woke too long, lol.

Sometimes there's not a grand conspiracy against us. Sometimes it is coincidence.

More importantly, is an ad such as this really capable of shaping the opinions of people against a race of men?

Sometimes there's not a grand conspiracy against us. Sometimes it is coincidence.

More importantly, is an ad such as this really capable of shaping the opinions of people against a race of men?

Black families get representation as fatherless or as an interracial homosexual couple.

Things like this do shape perception on the sly. It's subtle but effective and there are thousands of scholarly papers, essays, and articles written on the subject.

Damn just saw my name in the header lol. Naw I know why people up in arms just like that cheerios commercial and all the others that portray a certain type.

You're thinking small. One ad does nothing. Generations of Americans living in a Post-Modern Matrix being beaten over the head with the same messages and depictions of minorities leads to racialized beliefs about minorities, conscious and subconscious, which affect the treatment of minorities. This can be detrimental to the employment, educational, and legal opportunities afforded to minorities.

When you have a 500 year history of being a piece of colonial garbage, you don't get the benefit of the doubt or the plausible deniability to say "it's just a coincidence".

Back