Welcome To aBlackWeb

This picture got folks mad and @banginscrew901 doesn’t understand why.

We gonna discuss or u gonna deflect

:sup:

This is the same reason I hated Joyner Lucas' "Im Not Racist" song/video. Trying to explain to self entitled grown ass non black people why racism is wrong and how it works is an exercise in futility. They're already aware of the bullshit they do but like to play dumb as if they don't.

I don't have the energy for it.

This is the same reason I hated Joyner Lucas' "Im Not Racist" song/video. Trying to explain to self entitled grown ass non black people why racism is wrong and how it works is an exercise in futility. They're already aware of the bullshit they do but like to play dumb as if they don't.

I don't have the energy for it.

That vid/song was corny to me.

As far as this ad goes. Its possible the creators were on some slick shit but its not racist.

And i dont see how anything could possibly be blamed on the models

That vid/song was corny to me.

As far as this ad goes. Its possible the creators were on some slick shit but its not racist.

And i dont see how anything could possibly be blamed on the models

I've dated/dat.. models and they're fully aware of the type of shoot they're gonna be having.

Same as the parent who let her son wear the monkey in the jungle shirt.

Would you let your son wear a " Dopest faggot in school" shirt in his photoshoot? Exactly.

I've dated/dat.. models and they're fully aware of the type of shoot they're gonna be having.

Would you let your son wear a " Dopest faggot in school" shirt in his photoshoot? Exactly.

Now u talkin about a whole different ad

LOL

Lets focus here....

Im sure the black models in this ad knew they were doing a pj ad.

Do u think it was described to them as "single fatherless black family"? No.

They got paid hundreds of dollars to take a pic in some pajamas.

Now u talkin about a whole different ad

LOL

Lets focus here....

Im sure the black models in this ad knew they were doing a pj ad.

Do u think it was described to them as "single fatherless black family"? No.

They got paid hundreds of dollars to take a pic in some pajamas.

In some cases you could be right and the models don't know that they've been played till after the fact:

alg-dove-visiblecare-ad-jpg.jpg

but in other cases it's obvious. This one is in between.

He might.

U think there are Asian people arguing about if there is Asian representation in the pj ad? And then being concerned about if they eyes are squinty enough or not?

Some of y'all sound like y'all don't understand racism unless it's blatant.

The ad is fucked up and adds to the recurring societal goal of destroying the black male through emasculation and dismissing him from the black family dynamic.

Save the wide eye deer caught in headlight astonishment that this shit is considered offensive for someone else.

Idgaf about Asians. I give a fuck about how my race is being represented. So just because Asians may not be outraged about it, we shouldn’t be? So because the Asians are okay, we should be?

Quit acting like they don’t portray black people negatively. This shit ain’t new.

What's interesting is that they also position their displays of Black folks in a way that makes it easy to criticize Black voices that dislike them. If you were to say that being portrayed as gay or single-mothers is bad for the community, you open yourself up to criticisms along the lines of "What, are you being sexist/homophobic?!"

It's a really interesting tactic. A lot of other groups use this, too. The libertarian/free market dudes portray their views as pro-trade and then criticize you for being against trade if you point out all the damage they cause. Feminists say you're against equality if you point out their hypocrisy or biases.

In the end, it does not actually address what you, and the others, are criticizing, though, which is the effects of what is happening. We should not be normalizing things which disrupt a community which is already hugely disadvantaged due to social history.

In before some made people made single mothers..

but dont feel the same becaues "i take care of my kids"

:hahaha:

Weekends

But it in all seriousness it annoys the fuck out of me how people be like.. you see how they doin us..but at the same time there are those that dont take into consideration of how they representing themselves..But it doesnt matter to them because its only negative to the if the portrayal is coming from someone else

Last edited:
But it in all seriousness it annoys the fuck out of me how people be like.. you see how they doin us..but at the same time there are those that dont take into consideration of how they representing themselves..But it doesnt matter to them because its only negative to the if the portrayal is an other

Both matter, but the audience is different, and that makes one worse. Advertisements are expensive. Nothing in an advertisement is left to chance: it is all planned, all deliberate, and all critically important. They reach thousands and thousands of people and affect their perceptions of reality (kind of crazy how this ties into Dos' thread). The guy who paints himself negatively maybe affects 100 peoples opinions and views of reality. He is also not doing it on purpose the way advertisers are, but some people like to act as though everything we do is as calculated and measured as an advertisement...it's not.

The size of the effect is way different.

Back