Welcome To aBlackWeb

Things you aren't too cool to admit you didn't know

What the thread title says

What are some things that you honestly don't know prior to finding out about it.

And you Google warriors can stay tf out this thread. I don't want no faux smart ol I" knew what that was before the internet" people in here.

Here goes a softball from me

I legit didn't know Missy was a nickname for Melissa. Was in the break room one day and ran into a co-worker named Missy. I had a brain fart and said "hey Melissa". I caught myself and said "damn my fault, I meant Missy".

She said "no worries, Melissa is my real name"

Weebay gif.

Is this common knowledge or did she make that shit up?

Lol if not for Missy Elliot I wouldn't have known it. Just like if not for Married With Children I wouldn't know Peggy is a nickname for Margaret

just recently learned that most of the violence attributed to LA gangs in the 8s and early 90s was due to Crip on Crip violence

Learned within the past couple years just researching and reading that the Crips were started because Raymond Washington wanted to join a gang called The Avenues and called his crew Baby Avenues until the leader of the Avenues told him to stop copying them. So he formed the Crips instead. The whole thing about them forming as a response to police violence and the loss of the Panthers is a myth

Learned within the past couple years just researching and readong that the Crips were started because Raymond Washington wanted to join a gang called The Avenues and called his crew Baby Avenues until the leader of the Avenues told him to stop copying them. So he formed the Crips instead. The whole thing about them forming as a response to police violence and the loss of the Panthers is a myth
I thought they formed up to fight white people and light skinned niggaz with green eyes nh

Learned within the past couple years just researching and readong that the Crips were started because Raymond Washington wanted to join a gang called The Avenues and called his crew Baby Avenues until the leader of the Avenues told him to stop copying them. So he formed the Crips instead. The whole thing about them forming as a response to police violence and the loss of the Panthers is a myth

all facts all them niggas said they gave no fuck about no community building.....also Craig Munson Leaders of the Avenues beat the shit out of Raymond Washington for a lil dust up between Washington and Munson little brother

I thought they formed up to fight white people and light skinned niggaz with green eyes nh
nosign but the black gangs of the mid to late 50s and early 60 s did form to combat spook hunting..that was a phenomenon in all black metropolises in the United States

all facts all them niggas said they gave no fuck about no community building.....also Craig Munson Leaders of the Avenues beat the shit out of Raymond Washington for a lil dust up between Washington and Munson little brother

Yup. There's an interview i saw with an original Piru member when he broke down how the Crips fractured and helped create the Bloods. Said not only were alot of Blood members former Crips who turned on Raymond Washington because he thought he was power tripping...but also that its disrespectful as fuck to keep that myth alive that they were some righteous kids. Nigga said flat out "we were criminals"

Yup. There's an interview i saw with an original Piru member when he broke down how the Crips fractured and helped create the Bloods. Said not only were alot of Blood members former Crips who turned on Raymond Washington because he thought he was power tripping...but also that its disrespectful as fuck to keep that myth alive that they were some righteous kids. Nigga said flat out "we were criminals"
idk the history changes depends on who u speak to.....but what s facts is that most of them niggas were friends at one point lol Jimmy Lavender pulled out a middle school yearbook in it all founders of the main LA gangs were pictured as Ozzie Smith the Wizard

Back